Travel, Adventures & General Chat - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-17-2013, 11:22 PM   #61
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel thread

Been to:

Spain (various cities, many different occasions)
Paris (three times)
Côte d'Azur
Amsterdam (for a few days only)
Zagreb
London (watched Federer vs Del Potro and Murray vs Verdasco in WTF 2009)

Would like to go to Japan and Australia, should time and money allow me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Been to

-Basel,Luzern in Switzerland
-Prague in Czech Republic
-Rome in Italy
-Oxford in England
-Köln in Germany
-Lagos/Algarve in Portugal

Every single place was fantastic for its own reasons.

Not sure where to go this year, I'm thinking about either going to Belgrade, USA or Scandinavia.
During the summer, I assume. Hope you enjoyed it here
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 11:24 PM   #62
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Trollicki you were part of the Trier group? (Havo/atheneum gedaan dus?) I only chose Latin so I would go to Rome with the school trip

I can recommend Utrecht as well in the Netherlands btw! It's where I go to college, great city

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:26 PM   #63
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
During the summer, I assume. Hope you enjoyed it here
Of course, the locals were great

The water is bloody freezing though

Old 02-17-2013, 11:27 PM   #64
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Gymnasium, but yeah, everybody and their mother has gone to Trier from Havo-niveau and up as far as I know I chose Latin, so I went to Rome, the schmucks that chose Greek went to Athens and they apparently did not have the best of times
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:29 PM   #65
country flag ProdigyEng
Banned!

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

What's the cheapest Holiday you guys have had?
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #66
country flag GSMnadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
Gymnasium, but yeah, everybody and their mother has gone to Trier from Havo-niveau and up as far as I know I chose Latin, so I went to Rome, the schmucks that chose Greek went to Athens and they apparently did not have the best of times
We didn't go to Trier, Gymnasium folk had to go to Rome. It was made out to be much more of a 'study' trip than the booze and party week in Trier, and granted, we did a lot of walking (my feet are still not recovered I think ) but we ensured we had plenty of 'fun' as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
What's the cheapest Holiday you guys have had?
Prague was dirt cheap and still is. Getting more expensive though I've heard.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #67

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Of course, the locals were great

The water is bloody freezing though
Cool, glad you enjoyed it

I also found the locals great when I was in Amsterdam The highlight would be this awesome chip chocolate you guys have, Hagelslag, that stuff is awesome. I brought industrial quantities of it with me home
Old 02-17-2013, 11:37 PM   #68
country flag ProdigyEng
Banned!

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We didn't go to Trier, Gymnasium folk had to go to Rome. It was made out to be much more of a 'study' trip than the booze and party week in Trier, and granted, we did a lot of walking (my feet are still not recovered I think ) but we ensured we had plenty of 'fun' as well

Prague was dirt cheap and still is. Getting more expensive though I've heard.
You reckon I could travel to a Tennis tournament within Europe for around 600Ł?
Old 02-17-2013, 11:40 PM   #69
country flag GSMnadal

Quote:
Depends on which tournament and what kind of tickets though, and on how many days you plan on staying of course, but 600 is a lot and should be more than enough.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:42 PM   #70
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That would have been the case for me too probably, were it not that I went to a mixed Havo/Atheneum/Gymnasium school. They probably thought the Roman heritage of Trier would be lost on the Havo and Atheneum students (and they were right), so they decided to take us along as well. Highlight of the week was when we had to hide on the roof from our teacher when we wanted to drink the booze we had smuggle inside

Quote:
I also found the locals great when I was in Amsterdam The highlight would be this awesome chip chocolate you guys have, Hagelslag, that stuff is awesome. I brought industrial quantities of it with me home
Haha, most tourists I´ve met here even hate it or love it, there´s no middle way.

EDIT: 600 pounds should be more than enough to visit a tennis tournament, especially when you spend it intelligently (low-cost airlines, hostels etc.)
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:42 PM   #71
country flag GSMnadal

Quote:
Cool, glad you enjoyed it

You don't have it in Portugal? Wow

I'm kinda sick of it now, had far too much of it ever since I was young

Old 02-17-2013, 11:43 PM   #72
country flag ProdigyEng
Banned!

Quote:
Depends on which tournament and what kind of tickets though, and on how many days you plan on staying of course, but 600 is a lot and should be more than enough.
Of course I know it won't get me there for a whole tournament, but either opening few days of a 250, or even just the final of a 250 or a 500 in Europe some where.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:46 PM   #73
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

I've been pretty much everywhere in Argentina. There are some amazing places.

Other countries I've visited are:

-Uruguay (Punta del Este) Nice place for summer holydays. Great beaches.

-Brasil (San Pablo) Great city, I was there only a few days, but it's a great place.

-Chile (Torres del Paine) Beautiful.

-Mexico (Playa del Carmen) *Same as Punta Del Este

-USA (Orlando, Miami, New York, Vail) Great country with a lot of different stuff to do.

I went to Europe when I was very young and I barely remember anything, I'd like to go back, there are a lot of places I want to visit (Prague, London, Greece, Italy, etc.)
Old 02-17-2013, 11:47 PM   #74
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have traveled to tennis tournaments for a bit over a third of that! Very possible!

Will advise you tomorrow. Now
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:48 PM   #75

Quote:
You don't have it in Portugal? Wow

I'm kinda sick of it now, had far too much of it ever since I was young
No, we don't. It's awesome though, although I can see how eating it all the time could make you get sick at some point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
Haha, most tourists I´ve met here even hate it or love it, there´s no middle way.
Really? Me and all my friends that were with me loved it, and so does my brother I'd think it was more consensual, with no haters, it's one of the best things I've ever eaten