Travel, Adventures & General Chat - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-15-2013, 10:59 PM   #46
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel thread

Went to Slovenia once and to Hungary few times, not much to show for Thank God for Internet
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 11:38 PM   #47
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

cool thread!!

1999 - italy for 2 weeks, i went with an art delegation from school, we travel to rome, Venice, Tivoli, Rome, Pisa, Florence and Milan and my cousin was with me bc we were at the same class.
it was a special trip bc i was with my close cousin, our guide was an art expert we she know so many things and i remember sleeping in a hotel in Venice getting up very early with my book having a coffee alone in Piazza San Marco or coming to milan and near our hotel some fashion magazin was doing a show

2005 - Netherlands, Belgium and France - a trip with my family for 12 days.
Netherlands is a shocking place to an israeli like me who is not used to so many water!!! beautiful country and ppl always told me when were in a Kibbutz
France - pure beauty
Belgium - loved every moment in Brugge

2009 - spain, barcelona, Costa Brava - with my bff we went to do shopping, visit the city, clubs and just relax, i think i did all the Attractions for Tourists and my abd my friend got to know 2 beautiful men

2010- england, london, 10 days and it was awsomeeeeeeeeeeee, i went with 2 of my closest friends just enjoying everything this beautiful culture has to offer,the Palace, a show, Greenwich, tour bus, Cruises on the River Thames and my banker side came out so i took them to the Bank of Scotland and it was super, we did so many things in 10 days that i was dead tired

2011- Greece, a trip with the bank, 3 days and i felt i want more. i couldnt stop looking at Mount Olympus bc i was waiting for Zeus or hercules to show up lol and i was in Meteora - wow

2011- Bulgaria, Varna - 5 days on a great beach getting to know the Black Sea without a care in the world

2012- Italy, rome, again a trip with the bank 4 days of fun fun fun

2012- Hungary,Budapest - Austria, Vienna 5 days of love and forgetting the world, i could write about this trip for 2 weeks but i dont want to bla bla ya all

2013 - im going in May to a 17 days trip to the east and west cost of the USA with the bank and 1 day to canada + in August i wanna visit china

when i travel im going to see the culture, the Museums, things to do, shows and stugg like that, shopping is part of it but the culture is always n1
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"

Last edited by Punky : 02-15-2013 at 11:54 PM.
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #48
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

I love this thread, it's going to help me remember all my main trips outside Portugal.

I have been pretty much everywhere in Mainland Portugal, sadly never been to Azores or Madeira. I have also been countless times to Spain, haven't been everywhere, but in a lot of places such as Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, the whole Galicia, Seville, Basque Country, Ibiza, Mallorca, Tenerife and many beach towns along the Mediterranean coast.

Now the rest. Hmmm. Started at age 13.

Paris, France 2003: about a week, went with my bff to stay at her aunt's, we went alone, came back alone and were sightseeing Paris alone. I still don't know how my parents allowed me to go. I turned 13 there.

Poland 2004: went with school on a exchange program, 2 weeks. In January the Polsih kids stayed at our places in Portugal and then we traveled to Poland to stay at theirs. So much fun! We traveled a lot around southern Poland: Krakow, Tatra Mountains (Zakopane), Auschwitz, Wadowice, Tarnow, Salt Mines and a few others.

UK 2004: I took a 2 week english summer course in Cambridge. Two of the best weeks of my life, I met so many people my age from all over the world. Also traveled to London for the first time, but only for 2 days.

Tunisia 2005: summer vacation with parents in Hammamet, 1 week I think. I loved Sidi Bou Said , Tunis is also a nice place and the history in Cartaghe

Barcelona, Monaco, Florence, Pisa, Rome, Naples, Tunis, Cruise 2006: nice experience with the family. I was only a day in Rome and I have been there again since. I must.

Malta 2006: another 2 week english summer course. This time less English classes and more travelling around. Malta, Gozo and Comino Island, was pretty much everywhere.

Cuba 2007: beach holiday with the family in Varadero. Also went to Havana and a couple of desert islands.

Milan and Como Lake, Itay 2008: For NYE

Holland 2009: Amsterdam + Utrech with friend for 5 or 6 days.

Belgium 2010: Brugge + Antwerp + Brussels, about a week. Chocolate

London, UK 20010: 4 days with mom and sis.

Paris, France 2010: with dad and sis.

Moved to Hungary in August 2010 and stayed there until July 2011, during this time I traveled a lot around Eastern and Central Europe, all around Hungary: Serbia, Czech Republic, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Slovakia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Romania, Italy

Backpacking Eastern Europe for 37 days in May/June 2011: Romanie, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Kosovo, Albania, Montenegro, Croatia, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova. Probably the best trip of my life. All the Adriatic Coast is just amazing, and also feel in love with Ukraine especially Crimea.

Sweden 2011: 4 day trip to Stockholm. Wish I could live there.

Paris 2011: For the tennis Masters.

Germany 2012: Cologne, Bonn and Frankfurt.

My next trip is St Petersburg for a summer internship. Then I am planning to take the Trans-Siberian all the way from Moscow to Beijing. Hope I can manage that.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:48 AM   #49
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Arm I'm jealous ;(
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

Old 02-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #50
country flag ssin

ssin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond repute

I'm writing from Abu Dabhi. The hotel I'm staying in is sick, Jumeirah at Etihad Towers. I've been in many hotels but this one beats them all. The entire city looks filthy rich. Tomorrow I'm going to Dubai. 10 milion people live here in the Emirates, and 9 milion of them are foreign workers,lol.
ssin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #51
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
Arm I'm jealous ;(
I want so much more though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssin View Post
I'm writing from Abu Dabhi. The hotel I'm staying in is sick, Jumeirah at Etihad Towers. I've been in many hotels but this one beats them all. The entire city looks filthy rich. Tomorrow I'm going to Dubai. 10 milion people live here in the Emirates, and 9 milion of them are foreign workers,lol.
Photos please

Did you travel to Emirates to go to the tournament?
Old 02-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #52
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federer in 2 View Post
(...)
Great post Didn´t know you were such an accomplished table tennis player, cool Anywhere in particular you want to go to next? Or would you rather go to New York again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
Went to Slovenia once and to Hungary few times, not much to show for Thank God for Internet
Internet is a godsend indeed Have you seen a lot of Serbia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
(..)
Wow, some nice stories there Anything in particular you want to see in the USA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
(...)
Impressive What was so cool about Stockholm you want to live there?
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #53
country flag Punky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post

well its a trip from the bank so everything is Organized but we will visit LA, NY, Vegas and a day in canada canada.
i never visited the US so i have no idea...

Old 02-17-2013, 07:09 PM   #54
country flag Punky

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
I want so much more though...
i feel the same

Old 02-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #55
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
Great post Didn´t know you were such an accomplished table tennis player, cool Anywhere in particular you want to go to next? Or would you rather go to New York again?

Internet is a godsend indeed Have you seen a lot of Serbia?

Impressive What was so cool about Stockholm you want to live there?
Quality of life like I haven't seen anywhere else... Munich and Vienna are close, but not on Stockholm's level. Of course this is my own assessment!
Old 02-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #56
country flag erickmartins
Not exactly average.

erickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a bit ashamed of not knowing too many places in Brazil, where I was born and raised. Rio is still the most stunning place I've ever been (and I was lucky enough to live there for 8 years).

I've lived now for 3 years in Europe (Ulm/Germany, Paris, now Gothenburg/Sweden). All great places in different ways: Ulm was a nice-sized city with a lot of students, right in the middle of Europe, Paris was Paris, Gothenburg is a discrete, charming place with incredible people.

Besides that, I've been to Portugal, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Czech Republic, Finland, Switzerland, Austria. Some highlights: Interlaken in Switzerland and the surrounding mountains, Northern Finland in winter, a 2-week trip through Flanders in Belgium, a nice stay in a vineyard in rural Veneto, a small beach village in Denmark called Søndervig. But I honestly cannot think of a place I did not like visiting; some places were less interesting than I imagined (i.e. Prague), but every city has its charms.

Titles: Astana 2 CH '11, Challenger Tour Finals '11, Kuala Lumpur '12 (w/Dudisela75), Bressuire Futures '13 (w/Marita)

Finals: Fürth CH '11, Orleans CH '11, Petange CH '12, TT Euro '12 (w/Vilnietè)

SF: Australian Open '12, Memphis '12
erickmartins is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:00 PM   #57
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickmartins View Post
I'm a bit ashamed of not knowing too many places in Brazil, where I was born and raised. Rio is still the most stunning place I've ever been (and I was lucky enough to live there for 8 years).

I've lived now for 3 years in Europe (Ulm/Germany, Paris, now Gothenburg/Sweden). All great places in different ways: Ulm was a nice-sized city with a lot of students, right in the middle of Europe, Paris was Paris, Gothenburg is a discrete, charming place with incredible people.

Besides that, I've been to Portugal, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Czech Republic, Finland, Switzerland, Austria. Some highlights: Interlaken in Switzerland and the surrounding mountains, Northern Finland in winter, a 2-week trip through Flanders in Belgium, a nice stay in a vineyard in rural Veneto, a small beach village in Denmark called Søndervig. But I honestly cannot think of a place I did not like visiting; some places were less interesting than I imagined (i.e. Prague), but every city has its charms.
How is it living in Sweden?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living? All this moving around!
Old 02-17-2013, 11:02 PM   #58
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Been to

-Basel,Luzern in Switzerland
-Prague in Czech Republic
-Rome in Italy
-Oxford in England
-Köln in Germany
-Lagos/Algarve in Portugal

Every single place was fantastic for its own reasons.

Not sure where to go this year, I'm thinking about either going to Belgrade, USA or Scandinavia.

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 8 RG - 2 W - 2 USO

Last edited by GSMnadal : 02-17-2013 at 11:09 PM.
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:14 PM   #59
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Should write down my own travels while we´re at it.

I´ve pretty much been to every major place in the Netherlands, especially Amsterdam, Maastricht and Utrecht I can recommend. Belgium has some nice places too, Brussels and Liege I have visited. Great places, still have to go to Antwerpen and Brugge. Meanwhile, seeing as my family is from the former Yugoslavia, I have spent every summer since I was 7 in Serbia and Croatia, so I have seen most of the major places there as well.

As for the other travels:

Paris, 1998: I spent the winter holidays there with my father, back then an uncle of mine lived there so it was a great adventure. Being a kid, I of course especially loved Disneyland, but the city itself was pleasant too from what I remember.

Trier, Germany 2005: I spent a week there with my class, ostensibly to study the Roman heritage of that town, but in practice we did what teenagers usually do, that is, run amok

Rome, 2007: Best trip of my life. Went with a bunch of friends, stayed there for a week and absolutely fell in love with the city. The vibe there was brilliant, as if I was living a neverending summers´ night (and no, I did not go during summer )

Paris, 2008: Our school organised a trip to Paris for those who managed to get their diplomas. We went and we partied our asses off. Montmartre :love:

Turin, Monaco 2008: Celebrated New Years´ Eve in Turin, it was great

Madrid 2012: Stayed for a couple of days with a buddy who was on his Erasmus there. It was during Easter as well, so managed to see those processions they have there on Good Friday. Very relaxed atmosphere.

Casablanca, Rabat and Marrakech, Morocco 2012 Went to Morocco for 2 weeks, quite exciting seeing as it was the first time I left Europe. Very friendly people, the country has a lot of different faces. Casablance for instance is very raw and modern, whereas Marrakech is very touristy. Spent a night in the Sahara as well, it was awesome. Definitely recommend people to go there. If you want to go on a roadtrip, it´s must: good roads and phenomenal scenery.

Berlin, 2013: A couple of weeks I went there, it´s as kickass as people say it is. All kinds of characters on the streets, great parties, great beer and you kinda get the feeling that anything is possible there. The landmarks (Brandenburger Tor, Fernsehturm, the remnants of the Wall) were impessive as well.

Coming up is a trip to Ireland of 10 days in late April and hopefully (though it´s a long shot) I´ll be able to go walking on the Camino Frances this summer, which is the road from the Pyrenees to Santiago de Compostela (Spain). It looks like a grand adventure and the scenery is spectacular judging from the footage I have seen.
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:17 PM   #60
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Meh I've not been abroad since 2011 it really pisses me off...

Mid 1990's (can't remember exact year). -
Menorca, first family holiday, it was fun.
1999 Crete. - Cool Holiday, I swam unaided for the first time there.
Multiple times between 2002-2011. - France. My Auntie has a house there, so me and family have stayed at there house a lot, really nice house in countryside. In early days we used to camp on Eurocamp site, before visiting my aunties.
New York 2006. - Best time in my life!
Ibiza 2006. - Epic holiday, lovely Island.
Spain 2007. - School trip in place near Alicante, forget proper name.

that's it :/

GOOD LUCK IN UNRETIREMENT JOHNNY GROOVE
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote