Djokovic and Murray appreciation thread - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-12-2011, 06:26 PM   #1
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Djokovic and Murray appreciation thread

Australian Open 2011: Roger Federer Leads the Field Into Melbourne

[Extract]

Andy Murray, newly ranked at No. 5 in the world, chose the Perth-based event for his preparations, and defeated John Isner, Nicolas Mahut and Polito Starace all in straight sets.

He did not, though, get the chance to compete against the top dog in the tournament, No. 3 Novak Djokovic. With neither Serbia nor Great Britain reaching the playoffs, there was no head-to-head confrontation between two potential challengers for the Australian title.

However Murray and Djokovic have been practising together on a regular basis out of competition. Murray pointed out that this was not unusual for the two friends ahead of a Slam event. “Hopefully, we can help each other ahead of the tournament.”

Djokovic, who also won all three of his matches in the Hopman Cup, clearly remained buoyed by the confidence he gained from an excellent end-of-year run that included an outstanding performance for Serbia in the Davis Cup final. In Perth, he claimed “The last couple of months I’ve been playing maybe my best tennis…everything seems to be working.”

Murray plays one more competitive match—albeit an exhibition—at the Kooyong Classic on Thursday, while Djokovic is sticking to the Melbourne Park courts. But what of the other top contenders?

Read whole article here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...rce=newsletter

More quotes from Nole regarding his current relationship with Murray:

“Actually, before I was kind of letting it [their friendship] go and letting Andy feel what he wants to feel about our relationship, as friends — if he thinks we should be friends and hang out more or not,” Djokovic said. “That was more or less on him because I always liked him as a person and we grew up together playing the junior events. But then we basically came up to the top of tennis at the same time and were rivals. At some stage we were playing a lot of matches against each other and now we haven’t played for a long time.

“Right now I feel we are again getting closer because we grew up and this period of three, four years, being at the top of men’s tennis, has kind of passed and we know that OK, we are rivals, that’s obvious.

“But off the court it doesn’t mean that we can’t have dinner or play golf. I definitely wish him to have it [a first grand-slam victory] because I think he deserves it. He has all he needs to have in order to be a champion.”
-------------------------------

Nole and Andy have been practicing together for the whole pre-AO season as they did last year in IW and Miami too. At the WTF Murray was asked who he would not rather play in the tournament and he said Djokovic because they were good friends.

Do you see a rivalry/friendship developing like Fedal?
They are the same age and they are always in the conversation together being practically the only real challengers to the duopoly of Federer and Nadal. But are they becoming too friendly?
And how exactly are they helping each other out?

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"

Last edited by Nole fan : 01-14-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2011, 06:29 PM   #2
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Djokovic and Murray helping each other?

Maybe.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #3
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Let's hope they help each other to the Aussie Final. Then it's a toss up.

Beautiful girls are like complex puzzles. The closer you look the harder it gets.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Sham Kay is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:37 PM   #4
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Djokay vs. Fedal.

That's interesting, but probably not occuring, nor will it ever occur in my truly honest opinion.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 17 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $32,454,018 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 460-146...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:44 PM   #5
country flag Nole fan

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Lee View Post
Djokay vs. Fedal.

That's interesting, but probably not occuring, nor will it ever occur in my truly honest opinion.
Care to explain why not? And be honest please, leave all that Murray is better than Djoko crap out. I just want to hear your sincere opinion.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Old 01-12-2011, 06:53 PM   #6
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Care to explain why not? And be honest please, leave all that Murray is better than Djoko crap out. I just want to hear your sincere opinion.
Djokovic and Murray are not going to form a rivalry against each other.

My reason for thinking this? They hardly ever meet. Maybe if they meet more often, then a rivalry will occur, but in my honest opinion, I doubt it.

I'm not saying it won't happen, it could, but I don't see it happening.

Also, Murray is better, so you wouldn't really call it a rivalry.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 17 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $32,454,018 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 460-146...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:54 PM   #7
country flag Nole fan

More insightful comments from Nole (from Neil Harman Tennis Correspondent, Melbourne)

Among his rivals in the world elite, Djokovic has known Murray longer than most, two young men born a week apart who were junior rivals and have moved on to bigger things. Their present closeness marks the maturing of both men.

“Actually, before I was kind of letting it [their friendship] go and letting Andy feel what he wants to feel about our relationship, as friends — if he thinks we should be friends and hang out more or not,” Djokovic said. “That was more or less on him because I always liked him as a person and we grew up together playing the junior events. But then we basically came up to the top of tennis at the same time and were rivals. At some stage we were playing a lot of matches against each other and now we haven’t played for a long time.

“Right now I feel we are again getting closer because we grew up and this period of three, four years, being at the top of men’s tennis, has kind of passed and we know that OK, we are rivals, that’s obvious.

“But off the court it doesn’t mean that we can’t have dinner or play golf. I definitely wish him to have it [a first grand-slam victory] because I think he deserves it. He has all he needs to have in order to be a champion.”

Novak Djokovic nº1!

Old 01-12-2011, 07:04 PM   #8
country flag Pipsy

Pipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond repute

Friendly competition is better than no competition. I can only see that practising with each other is good for both players...

Born to be the fourth best player in the world!

Statistics I maintain on MTF(updated to end of 2013)
Bagels Hall of Fame and Hall of Shame
Cumulative Weeks in Top 10
Grand Slam Wooden Spoon Winners
Pipsy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:30 PM   #9
country flag canbera

canbera has a reputation beyond reputecanbera has a reputation beyond reputecanbera has a reputation beyond reputecanbera has a reputation beyond reputecanbera has a reputation beyond reputecanbera has a reputation beyond reputecanbera has a reputation beyond reputecanbera has a reputation beyond reputecanbera has a reputation beyond reputecanbera has a reputation beyond reputecanbera has a reputation beyond repute

Since they were the #3 and #4 players for such a long time, they were only able to meet in Finals. Which, as we know, hardly happened ( twice to be exact )

I would love to see a Murray-Djokovic Quarterfinal at the AO, what a great match this could be.

Djokovic arguably in the form of his life versus Murray, who had the advantage over him in their last three meetings.
canbera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:33 PM   #10
country flag syc23

syc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond repute

These 2 along with Nadal and Delpo will dominate the tour after Fed retires. If Roger can still be in slam contention at 29, then this group in their early 20s will still be in with a shout for slam wins in the next 5 years.
syc23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:51 PM   #11
country flag cocrcici

cocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond repute

Summer is coming...
cocrcici is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:07 PM   #12
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

How shall we refer to this new new tennis couple ? Any creative minds out there ? Murray + Djokovic =
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:08 PM   #13
country flag Nole fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
How shall we refer to this new new tennis couple ? Any creative minds out there ? Murray + Djokovic =
Nolandy.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

Old 01-12-2011, 08:21 PM   #14
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Nolandy.
That is a beautiful name Henceforth we shall call them Nolandy
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:27 PM   #15
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

I figured it was Nolray, but okay.. heh.

Beautiful girls are like complex puzzles. The closer you look the harder it gets.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Sham Kay is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote