Novak Djokovic: It's time for another Grand Slam - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-12-2011, 04:56 PM   #76
jrm

jrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak Djokovic: It's time for another Grand Slam

Well, i'd be shock ... US Open seems to be the only likable slam he can win
WISHLIST Robby GINEPRI Blaž KAVČIČ Michael LLODRA Feliciano LOPEZ Tomas BERDYCH Martin KLIZAN Julien BENNETEAU Novak DJOKOVIC Dmitry TURSUNOV Janko TIPSAREVIC Stanislas WAWRINKA Thomaz BELLUCCI Eduardo SCHWANK Benoit PAIRE Gilles MULLER Juan Martin del POTRO John ISNER Philipp PETZSCHNER Gilles SIMON Mardy FISH Grigor DIMITROV Florian MAYER
Quote:
HATE LIST Rafael NADAL Andy MURRAY Lleyton HEWITT Marcos BAGHDATIS Bernard TOMIC Fernando VERDASCO Nikolay DAVYDENKO Alexandr DOLGOPOLOV Fabio FOGNINI Gael MONFILS Tommy HAAS Carlos BERLOCQ Albert MONTANES Paolo LORENZI
jrm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2011, 05:11 PM   #77
country flag Blackbriar
Banned!

Blackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond repute

His chances are higher than Murray, but Andy is close to 0, so.
Blackbriar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:46 PM   #78
country flag «Ivan»
Banned!

«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofe View Post
He needs to choose between wanting to be loved and being brash and arrogant internally.
nina,you agreed with that sh!t.loved yes,arrogant nole...when?there can be the only one arrogant prick...called rogelina.

nole is just an attention seeker(thank to brahma,not finishingmove kind).we all are,dont we.okay,exept humble 'n nice rafa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
it wasn't time last year?
habibko,as usual,you're not funny at all.they removed humour from you when you were a kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garson007 View Post
This year is the year of the Djokovic Golden Slam. They'll host a interm Olympics at the end of the year, just for this honour.
yes,in the mean time we could search at least one tennis player in sa.is there any?i know you're secretly in love with nole so...

--------------------------------

back to the opener,in traditor mode arsen.why on guadalupe he wanted to establish new haha nole thread?lack of love,lost his charm,nathii's influenca,i wonder. jm shoud win,huge mistake this traditor,nole hater.

no nina,i'm not (lurking a bit,that's all).
«Ivan» is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:26 PM   #79
country flag Garson007

Garson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by «Ivan» View Post
yes,in the mean time we could search at least one tennis player in sa.is there any?i know you're secretly in love with nole so...
Awww. I was only taking the piss. Djokovic is by far my favourite top 10 player.

As for South Africa, let's not go there. Anderson's loss to Hanescu at Auckland was pathetic.
Garson007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:41 PM   #80
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
I agree 100% with the first part, we all miss that Djokovic. But if he could do it then there is a big chance that he can do it again. He just needs to find that in him, find his old self again. That's why those words in that interview give me great hope, because he's taking the first step mentally to become the champion that he was. Step by step, man.
I feel for you but Novak had lesser physical issues and greater consistency and confidence then. Nowadays, he misplaces his contacts, becomes breathless baby, has butterflies in his stomach, mental walk-abouts, and persistant rants to God instead of staying focussed.
“What a fate: to be condemned to work for a firm where the slightest negligence at once gave rise to the gravest suspicion! Were all the employees nothing but a bunch of scoundrels, was there not among them one single loyal devoted man who, had he wasted only an hour or so of the firm's time in the morning, was so tormented by conscience as to be driven out of his mind and actually incapable of leaving his bed?”
- G.S; before his inevitable demise
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:48 PM   #81
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
I feel for you but Novak had lesser physical issues and greater consistency and confidence then. Nowadays, he misplaces his contacts, becomes breathless baby, has butterflies in his stomach, mental walk-abouts, and persistant rants to God instead of staying focussed.
That all can change in a minute and you know it.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:00 PM   #82
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Novak Djokovic:

“I think I have done a very good job of preparing but I am still in the process,” he said. “I played well in Perth [in the Hopman Cup], especially against [Lleyton] Hewitt. It was very good in some elements of the game that I was working on, like serve and return, which I really want to improve on and put more variety in my game.
“It’s been three years since I won my only grand slam. After that a lot of people expected me to win one more, a couple more, because I was really on the top of my game. But for some reason, mentally I destabilised.

“I was always trying things, changing the racket. Everyone goes through a mini-crisis. You have to overcome it, you have to stand up and say, ‘OK, now I really want to get back, now I have to dedicate myself to the sport and get a couple of good years and reach the lifetime goal, to be No 1’.

“If you ask me if I am maybe ready for the Australian Open I would say in this moment I just need a little more, so it’s seven to ten days of good build-up, physical strength and mental preparation.”

“As you get older you get wiser, this is natural,” he said. “Definitely I am using a lot of experiences and situations in my life as a good school. Just learning every day how I should behave on and off the court and how I should accept my commitments in my profession that I have around me."

---------------

I think he's already working towards being the guy he was in 2007/08.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:02 PM   #83
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

"This page is in Croatian. Would you like to translate it?"

Google fail
Old 01-12-2011, 08:24 PM   #84
country flag DTL

DTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Here is my reasoning since you asked.

He was down 2 sets to 0 against Falla last year. I think Soderling, Nadal, Berdych, and Murray all played better than him in Wimbledon 2010. He lost to Hewitt on grass as well. And mainly because the only top 10 player he has beaten on grass in the last 3 years is Roddick whom I dont consider to have any chance at winning this title.

What are your predictions?
I am not sure I agree with your analysis. You are basing your numbers on ONE year which could very well be an outlier. Federer had a bad grasscourt season last year and he has already upped his level of play under Annacone. The loss to Berdych was the only bad one he has had since 2002!! And you do Roddick injustice by saying that he has no chance of winning Wimbledon while Soderling and Berdych do. My predictions?

Federer - 48% Nadal - 48% Roddick - 4%
DTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:38 PM   #85
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

Last year was a disaster with Todd Martin's serve change.

If not for Soderling's injuries and Murray's random apathy, he'd be world #5 right now

I think Soderling could really win AO. He's only played one post-breakthrough, and was injured. Still, I must say, he confuses me a bit about his chances here.

I'll say
AO 25% Soderling 25% Nadal 25% Federer 15% Djokovic 5% Murray 1% Nalbandian 1% Roddick 3% Other
RG 50% Nadal 20% Soderling 15% Djokovic 5% Ferrer 5% Federer 1% Melzer 1% Montanes 3% Other
Wb 35% Nadal 35% Federer 10% Murray 10% Soderling 5% Djokovic 3% Hewitt 1% Nalbandian 1% Other
USO 40% Federer 20% Djokovic 15% Murray 10% Nadal 10% Soderling 5% Other
Of course, there's del Potro & Davydenko out there, who I haven't seen enough of lately. Plus, we could always have a male Schiavone.

Matosevic, Dolgopolov, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Chiudinelli, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Garcia-Lopez, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Gonzalez, Thiem

Last edited by emotion : 01-12-2011 at 08:53 PM.
emotion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:11 AM   #86
country flag DTL

DTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Federer has very much improved under Annacone, esp. on the backhand..but he can still have off days like we have seen in Shanghai F as well as Paris and US Open SF. All it takes is one off day against a top player and you are out. I am not basing it over 1 year only..I said the only top 10 player he beat on grass over the last 3 years was Roddick. And as much as I feel bad for Roddick I just dont see him outplaying Federer, Nadal, Murray, or Soderling. I could probably throw out Berdych. However, there is still time to come and I may increase his chances after seeing his performance at the AO.
Yes, he can have his off days, but 8.75% indicates that Federer has next to no chance of winning Wimbledon.

As for Roddick, he beat Murray not too long ago, didn't he?
Old 01-13-2011, 02:16 AM   #87
country flag DTL

Quote:
I give him a chance just a small one. Of course there is some guesswork involved in these predictions and I simply dont think he will win Wimbledon this year. Not that I'd be surprised if he did. And I'm not hating on Federer either; I put him as co-favourite for the AO and USO.

And you give Murray and Soderling a greater chance of winning when they have not even made the finals before (Sod has not even made the semis) AND Roger trashed both of them at the WTF recently. Okkk. I know you are not being a hater but your logic evades me.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:16 AM   #88
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute

I hope he can back-up these statements. I'll take anything...even if his 2011 looks like this:

Australian Open: SF
French Open: W
Wimbledon: 4th round
U.S. Open: SF

MIMIC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:51 AM   #89
country flag bokehlicious
Banned!

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Very small chance at Wimbledon (8.75%) [50%-Nad 20%-Mur 10%-Sod 8.75%-Fed 2.5%-Ber]
another raftard gem
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:40 PM   #90
country flag Everko

Everko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond repute

He will win one this year. Mark it down

about the Federer Will Fall thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raferminator
Best damn thread I've ever read on MTF. You should be awarded for being a visionary. Some of us out here noticed it and appreciated it.
Federer will fall
Murray will never win a slam
Federer will never beat Nadal again in a slam
Golubev will rise
Go Ouahab
Everko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote