Novak Djokovic: It's time for another Grand Slam - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #16
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak Djokovic: It's time for another Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
Novak Djokovic thinks that after a three year mini-crisis he is ready to break the domination of Federer and Nadal and work his way towards his goal of being #1.

Full article in Serbian:

http://www.b92.net/sport/vesti.php?y...&nav_id=485119

Thoughts?
Three year mini-crisis is an oxymoron.

And Nole is a moron for putting it out publically. 'Time to win a slam', how arrogant!
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2011, 07:25 PM   #17
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
Three year mini-crisis is an oxymoron.

And Nole is a moron for putting it out publically. 'Time to win a slam', how arrogant!
Thanks for the input, Roger.

He says how he's been experimenting with his game a lot in the past years, it wasn't just a mental crisis.

Everything is clicking now, according to him.
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:28 PM   #18
country flag Garson007

Garson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond repute

I seriously don't understand why he tried new things, while he was at the top of his game. I know you have to continually develop, but changing something as critical as your racket, is just retarded.
Garson007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:30 PM   #19
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

He says how he's been experimenting with his game a lot in the past years, it wasn't just a mental crisis.

As far as we know he could be Roger Federer himself.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:33 PM   #20

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Well, its good he's waking up but what about his breathing/ cyclops problems? Can he overcome those at clutch moments. I'm not buying into his 'I have improved a lot and will slay the world' theories until he performs a routine win over Nadal (as he should have last year's USO) without being a seasonal drama-queen.

Maybe he just wants to stir some shit up before the AO.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Old 01-11-2011, 07:34 PM   #21
country flag TMJordan

TMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond repute

the real question is if he does win another grand slam will there be a book available?

FUck Fuck

Idiot Idiot

John

you shit Isner

I hate you
TMJordan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:34 PM   #22
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
Well, its good he's waking up but what about his breathing/ cyclops problems? Can he overcome those at clutch moments. I'm not buying into his 'I have improved a lot and will slay the world' theories until he performs a routine win over Nadal (as he should have last year's USO) without being a seasonal drama-queen.

Maybe he just wants to stir some shit up before the AO.
Maybe he just believes in himself again.
That's all he needs I think, self-belief. Once he has that he will roll with it.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:37 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJordan View Post
the real question is if he does win another grand slam will there be a book available?
Safin had more charisma and never had a book. Aggassi had to win eight to get at least a thousand eyes to drool over his life laid open. What are the chances for Breathless act of wonder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
As far as we know he could be Roger Federer himself.
Bring on the creepy smiley
Old 01-11-2011, 07:39 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Maybe he just believes in himself again.
That's all he needs I think, self-belief. Once he has that he will roll with it.
History has it there's no such thing as 'Nole-on-a-rolle' in tennis.

What's his record winning tournaments back 2 back?
Old 01-11-2011, 07:45 PM   #25
country flag rofe

rofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic had the perfect opportunity to win a slam last year at the USO.

He was on a high after beating Fed, the rain gods smiled at him and gave him an extra day of rest and he was playing an opponent who was supposedly playing on his weakest surface and had lost to Djokovic on the same type of surface a few times.

If Djokovic couldn't grab that kind of opportunity then when will he be able to do it?
Old 01-11-2011, 08:01 PM   #26
country flag Arakasi

Arakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond repute

I would be suprised if he won a slam this year (barring a freak scenario in which he manages to avoid both Federer and Nadal).

His best chance this year is at the US Open. I don't think he has any chance in the first three slams of the year.
Arakasi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #27
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait to see this new and improved version of Novak Djokovic. However, to have any chance at all he has to avoid playing Nadal at all costs!!!! That's an absolute must. For him, everything depends on it. Kudos for placing more value to being a good person than anything else. It must have rubbed off his parents for they no longer thrash talk Rogi

I agree with Nole. It's time he won another slam...just not this one. There are other things of greater historical significance that get higher priority at this year's AO.
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:10 PM   #28
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic shouldn't kid himself or anyone else. He is not winning a slam again.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 6 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 15 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $31,928,448 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 453-142...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #29
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

AO would be his best shot for this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:27 PM   #30
country flag iriraz

iriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
AO would be his best shot for this year
In the last two years the heat and illness got the better of him.
Every top player will play day and night matches at some point.It all comes down who will deal with it better so i have my doubts over him
iriraz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote