Rafachat Vol. 67 - Chaotic conversations. - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 10:03 PM   #121
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat Vol. 67! The N. American sneaks in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post

It reminds me of how MTF sucks.
That doesn't need reminding
"Who ain't a slave? Tell me that. Well, then, however the old sea-captains may order me about—however they may thump and punch me about, I have the satisfaction of knowing that it is all right; that everybody else is one way or other served in much the same way— either in a physical or metaphysical point of view, that is; and so the universal thump is passed round, and all hands should rub each other's shoulder-blades, and be content." - Herman Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2011, 10:06 PM   #122
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

I think Nole will have problems in bo5 matches with Nadal on any surface if he doesn't start playing more aggressive. Even if Nadal is not at his best.

Actually maybe even the amount of aggression isn't the problem... sometimes he just plays like a retard. (to the side where Rafa is running, etc.)

He even admitted he knows how retarded he plays against Fed/Rafa, and he claims that will change in 2011. ()
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-11-2011, 10:36 PM   #123
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Watching a great "documentary" called Old Enough To Be His Mother Slightly disturbing scene showing a 72 yo lady and her 30 yo boyfriend snuggling naked in the shower but, tell you what, it gives a girl some hope
l_mac is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-11-2011, 10:38 PM   #124
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
Arsen, seriouly, I ask you this because you're a Nole fan: did you expect him to win last year USO final? Or let me put it better: how big you thought his chances were?

I can't understand the haters: you'd say Nole was playing Montanes :retard:
I know you didn't ask me, but I LOVED the way Nole played at the USO. It made me very hopeful for the future, and I hadn't felt that way for quite a while. Also fans on the Nole Forum were quite pleased with his play.

Of course, he didn't play every point perfectly and he made mistakes, but everyone does that in tennis matches especially long ones. Nadal made mistakes too and it cost him a set. Nadal was very opportunistic that day and made Nole pay for some of his mistakes.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-11-2011, 10:40 PM   #125
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

you didn't answer my Q. Do you fell like he choked or that Nadal was very beatable and he blew it?
acionescu is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-11-2011, 10:42 PM   #126
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
Watching a great "documentary" called Old Enough To Be His Mother Slightly disturbing scene showing a 72 yo lady and her 30 yo boyfriend snuggling naked in the shower but, tell you what, it gives a girl some hope
I'd rather have my dignity, thanks
Old 01-11-2011, 10:44 PM   #127
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd rather have my dignity, thanks
Come back to me when you are 60, and some (very unattractive 30 yo virgin) younger guy comes a knocking
l_mac is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-11-2011, 10:44 PM   #128
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Ha! Old enough to be his grandmother!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:45 PM   #129
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wayne Rooney taping it to keep for later

granny grabber
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-11-2011, 10:46 PM   #130
country flag acionescu

So you think I'd make a fool of myself for a guy who's unattractive AND a virgin?
Old 01-11-2011, 10:50 PM   #131
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
you didn't answer my Q. Do you fell like he choked or that Nadal was very beatable and he blew it?
Me?

I thought Nole played some great tennis, but was never truly in a winning position. I think a player has to be in a winning position before one can say he choked. So, No, I don't think he choked.

I do think he became tired and disprited at the last -- sort of accepted defeat. So, he lost the mental struggle. That's not the same as choking in my opinion. Players fight for mental dominance in tennis matches too. Djoko lost the battle.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:52 PM   #132
country flag acionescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Me?

I thought Nole played some great tennis, but was never truly in a winning position. I think a player has to be in a winning position before one can say he choked. So, No, I don't think he choked.

I do think he became tired and disprited at the last -- sort of accepted defeat. So, he lost the mental struggle. That's not the same as choking in my opinion. Players fight for mental dominance in tennis matches too. Djoko lost the battle.
More or less agreed so you have to wonder what match did the haters saw or who did they think Nole was playing
Old 01-11-2011, 10:53 PM   #133
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
but I LOVED the way Nole played at the USO.
of course you did
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-11-2011, 10:55 PM   #134
country flag acionescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
of course you did
I gather you didn't

You really wanted that final against Rafa, didn't you?
Old 01-11-2011, 10:56 PM   #135
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

After a few games it was obvious Nole has no chance to win that match
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread