Expenses and life on tour (Amir Weintraub's blog, Tursunov's interview June 2013) - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-24-2011, 12:03 AM   #181
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New blog post (179) (24/12/11) The Best Univesity In the World - by Amir Weintrau

I just learned a lot Totally enjoy his blog. And yeah the elite make so much money.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2011, 11:13 AM   #182
country flag henwal_of_sweden

henwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New blog post (179) (24/12/11) The Best Univesity In the World - by Amir Weintrau

Thank you Or Levy for the translation-work. Really approciate it! =) Happy new year to you and al other members of MTF
Old 12-28-2011, 02:17 PM   #183
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:16 PM   #184
country flag fran70

fran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond repute

I enjoyed his blogs along the year and moreover it was great to see him playing almost a full time schedule on the CH tour.
[b]My hall of fame: Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal-Jo Wilfried Tsonga-David Ferrer-Juan Carlos Ferrero-Tommy Haas- Radek Stepanek-Lleyton Hewitt-David Nalbandian-Guillermo Cañas-Carlos Moya-Pete Sampras-Petr Korda- Kent Carlsson-Richard Krajicek-Karol Kucera-Tim Henman-Alex Corretja-Thomas Muster-Michael Stich-Pat Cash-Patrick Rafter-Darren Cahill-Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander-Miloslav Mecir-Karel Novacek-Joakim Nystrom-Henrik Sundstrom-Hans Simonsson-Anders Jarryd-Jimmy Connors-Bjorn Borg-Guillermo Vilas.
fran70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:22 PM   #185
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

We've brought up the biggest absurdity with the ATP people – prize money for winners in Masters and GS goes up each year, but those winners don't need another 100,000 dollars to their already inflated check, while us, the players who need to play qualies, don't get any raise.
All of the big money goes to the elite. The bottom line – something in the ATP mechanism is broken if only top 100 players can make money. How could it be that a player ranked between 100-200 in the world needs a daddy who will pump him with money to keep him afloat?

Amen - and this needs to change - they really need to spread the wealth a little lower down the greasy pole. I really like his blogs.

I also hope he knows that he has people reading these blogs and finding them fascinating, informative and at times inspiring.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:39 PM   #186
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Another top notch read.

Yup, prize money needs to be sorted lower down the leagues, not the top.

Do enjoy how he always shows his fascination at the privilege of meeting well known people.

Beautiful girls are like complex puzzles. The closer you look the harder it gets.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Sham Kay is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:45 PM   #187
country flag fran70

fran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
We've brought up the biggest absurdity with the ATP people – prize money for winners in Masters and GS goes up each year, but those winners don't need another 100,000 dollars to their already inflated check, while us, the players who need to play qualies, don't get any raise.
All of the big money goes to the elite. The bottom line – something in the ATP mechanism is broken if only top 100 players can make money. How could it be that a player ranked between 100-200 in the world needs a daddy who will pump him with money to keep him afloat?

Amen - and this needs to change - they really need to spread the wealth a little lower down the greasy pole. I really like his blogs.

I also hope he knows that he has people reading these blogs and finding them fascinating, informative and at times inspiring.
Definitely players doing it on the quallies of ATP or CH events should get a better prize amount of money (and points) for taking part of them. Quallies push public attendance to go to the main draw of a tournament when the price of tickets are reasonable. I can see that year after year on the ATP Buenos Aires where the quallies are for free.
[b]My hall of fame: Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal-Jo Wilfried Tsonga-David Ferrer-Juan Carlos Ferrero-Tommy Haas- Radek Stepanek-Lleyton Hewitt-David Nalbandian-Guillermo Cañas-Carlos Moya-Pete Sampras-Petr Korda- Kent Carlsson-Richard Krajicek-Karol Kucera-Tim Henman-Alex Corretja-Thomas Muster-Michael Stich-Pat Cash-Patrick Rafter-Darren Cahill-Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander-Miloslav Mecir-Karel Novacek-Joakim Nystrom-Henrik Sundstrom-Hans Simonsson-Anders Jarryd-Jimmy Connors-Bjorn Borg-Guillermo Vilas.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:49 PM   #188
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fran70 View Post
Definitely players doing it on the quallies of ATP or CH events should get a better prize amount of money (and points) for taking part of them. Quallies push public attendance to go to the main draw of a tournament when the price of tickets are reasonable. I can see that year after year on the ATP Buenos Aires where the quallies are for free.
That's why they put the points up so they didn't have to raise the prizemoney at lower level.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:02 AM   #189
country flag fran70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
That's why they put the points up so they didn't have to raise the prizemoney at lower level.
Well, if they rise the amount of money and points too would push some good CH players to play on the quallies and even more people would be around. Therefore, more people would be attending on the first rounds when the tickets are cheaper.

Years ago there were "cheaper locations" and lots of "illiterale" tennis spectactors tended to attend matches when a seeded player was on court against a player that probably you or me wouldnt pay a penny for that match.

I do believe that is for good that masses attend matches. Under my opinion that always bring more people to tournaments and helps the organization aswell.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:03 AM   #190
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe so but the effect of such paltry increases in prize money is that you see gaps in qualifying at tournaments now where you wouldn't expect to - larger challengers and even backwater 250 events with byes in R1 qualifying, which I find bizarre - cost-benefit of whether it's financially viable for players to take the risk travelling to them has to be a factor.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:11 AM   #191
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Maybe so but the effect of such paltry increases in prize money is that you see gaps in qualifying at tournaments now where you wouldn't expect to - larger challengers and even backwater 250 events with byes in R1 qualifying, which I find bizarre - cost-benefit of whether it's financially viable for players to take the risk travelling to them has to be a factor.
Well I've spoken about it many times. There needs to be a clear differential between the respective levels, with Futures, Challs, IS events.

Relatively during the growth of the sport, the prizemoney hasn't increased so of course it creates problems which they won't address because it doesn't impact on the top players.

fran, as for illiterate tennis people they exist everywhere.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-30-2011, 12:56 AM   #192
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Many of them show up here on a daily basis
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:13 AM   #193
country flag fran70

Quote:
AJ, it`s pretty much like for every sport. I was just noticing that for certain levels of tournaments as it is like for quallies the uprising of prize money and points would help to improve the quality of players that take part of them.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:15 AM   #194
country flag fran70

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
Definitely this forum shows up what is pretty much like on daily basis as you well mentioned. Hopefully you would feel not reflected
Old 12-30-2011, 01:30 AM   #195
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
Too true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fran70 View Post
AJ, it`s pretty much like for every sport. I was just noticing that for certain levels of tournaments as it is like for quallies the uprising of prize money and points would help to improve the quality of players that take part of them.
It's a business, have to balance out whether it's a challenger week or try ATP qualies. These guys can't do Federer with the scheduling.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1