Milos Raonic - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-18-2011, 07:32 AM   #121
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Milos Raonic

Milos wins 7-6 6-3 7-6. Last breaker was really tight - had a match point at 6-5 that he squandered, Phau came back to get a set point at 7-6 but Milos won both points on Phau's serve and sealed the deal.

Looks like Llodra might be up next - he's up on Chela now.

Regardless, a great day for Milos, and hopefully the start of a new era in Canadian tennis at the Grand Slams
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2011, 07:38 AM   #122
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

great result and great fight when he was down a sp on phau's serve but he saved it, minibroke again and served out the match, very nice to finish that in 3. Awesome for Milos to get his first GS victory

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:34 AM   #123
country flag ShotmaKer
Unregistered User

ShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond repute

So happy

He definitely could beat Llodra next round. Play big and keep his focus, Llodra is not gonna give much rhythm.

instagram.com/ballstriker
Y'all are gobbling like a confused turkey !
ShotmaKer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #124
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so happy for Milos, and so proud of him too! First win in the MD of a GS! Not bad. He has done well here, no matter if he wins or loses his next match.. I wish him luck anyway It's obvious that this guy is going places

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:06 PM   #125
country flag Emeraldhands

Emeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond repute

Good to wake up to the good news
Emeraldhands is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:07 PM   #126
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

its a good win..maybe a little suprising that he only managed to break phau once

if i look at the fact that he needed 2 tiebreakers to beat phau and only managed to break him once then i cant see how he'll beat llodra.

llodra is 50x the player phau is and playing some great tennis so i dont see milos winning that

but good on him for getting his first grand slam win
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:30 PM   #127

Emeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Phau was playing out of his mind on this serve, or Milos still needs alot of work on his RoS. Fact is he didn't give Phau anything on his serve and that is how you win matches, granted you still have to win the tie breakers. I think his next challenger is to start playing top 100 players regularly because he has shown us that he can beat them.

If I were him this year I would play only 250, try to qualify for a few 500's if the opportunity arose, of course try the GS's and the high level challengers (100k +). I know he will play in Reunion Island next week but do you guys think he will make the trip now with this win?

Oh, I wanted to check the score before coming here and I just have to say that the five bowing emoticons at the top of this page were a dead giveaway. I was really pleased when I saw them. This could be start of something great. Defenitely top 100 this year for sure. This win will get him up around 132.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #128
country flag GasquetGulbis

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

Well lets consider that a ton of Llodra's points are coming from the Paris Masters that were on ridiculously fast courts, whereas the Australian Open is always played on slow hard court, so that may play into Raonic's hand. But his return is going to be really important because Llodra will be serve-and-volleying, and the serve will sit up a bit, so he has to take advantage of that.
GasquetGulbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:15 PM   #129
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

i've never really thought of phau as a monster on serve but that could be true, he could have been playing out of his mind..i cant tell

i agree the return of serve is key but i dont think its good enough yet.

we'll see if im wrong, im wrong
Old 01-18-2011, 02:59 PM   #130
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Interestingly Llodra only has 3 lifetime wins at the AO

AO 2000 over Gaudio
AO 2010 over Roger-Vasselin
AO 2011 over Chela
Old 01-18-2011, 03:12 PM   #131
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Well one thing Milos certainly doesn't lack is confidence

http://www.lovemeansnothing.ca/node/757

"Thursday’s second round, Raonic plays Michael Llodra, the French serve-and-volley stylist. Prior to knowing who would win between Llodra and Juan Ignacio Chela, Raonic said about the potential match-up, “I feel that I have more weapons than either of them. So I feel I can impose my game on either one more so than they can impose theirs on me. I know Llodra likes to play quick but I know, if I hit hard, I can keep him away from the net.”
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:55 PM   #132
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post

"Thursday’s second round, Raonic plays Michael Llodra, the French serve-and-volley stylist. Prior to knowing who would win between Llodra and Juan Ignacio Chela, Raonic said about the potential match-up, “I feel that I have more weapons than either of them. So I feel I can impose my game on either one more so than they can impose theirs on me. I know Llodra likes to play quick but I know, if I hit hard, I can keep him away from the net.”
Well, seems like he has confidence and a game plan. I hope that together with his strong serve and his mental strength will make him the winner!

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:08 PM   #133
country flag misty1
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post

WOW confidence and lots of it

delusional in thinking that he has more weapons then either chela or llodra though

and yes he can hit hard but llodra has faced better hard hitters than him like isner and soderling and he still manages to get to the net

i want him to be confident but come on
Old 01-18-2011, 08:03 PM   #134
country flag misty1
Banned!

i want to make it c lear im not saying its a bad thing he has condifence. Even if i dont agree with him in his thinking that he'll beat llodra i wouldnt have said anything because i certainly dont expect him to go in with the thought of only giving a good match.
Plus everyone knows how i feel about now

but to say he has more weapons than llodra and chela is just not true. A guy who's game is still developing doesnt have more to compete with then veterans like them. Same thing with thinking he can hit llodra off the court..when he's beaten bigger, better and stronger hittersw then milos.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #135

I think it's good for his confidence saying that he is superior than his opponent. I think you should always be in the mindset of thinking that you are better than your opponents even if you might not be. If Milos were to beat Llodra I think he is going to withdraw from Reunion Island because that tournament starts on Monday and he would play on Saturday. I think he will try to qualify for the 250 in South Africa and that starts on Friday so I don't really see him playing in Reunion Island next week.