Milos Raonic - Page 68 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-21-2011, 06:39 PM   #1006
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Milos Raonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokk View Post
I am really interesting in seeing him on clay, I'm not expecting much, since his game isn't really suited for clay, but.. you never know. I think the most important thing for him is to get the clay feeling before the Davis Cup tie. Where is Canada playing Davis Cup btw? In Mexico?
Yeah, the tie is in Mexico; this year is a great chance for us to make the WG PO, since winning in Mexico would have us face a Nico-less Ecuador, though that tie would be away too.
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2011, 06:44 PM   #1007
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarghman View Post
Yeah, the tie is in Mexico; this year is a great chance for us to make the WG PO, since winning in Mexico would have us face a Nico-less Ecuador, though that tie would be away too.
Ok, thanks for the update Good luck to Canada! I hope you make the WG PO. Norway has no chance in hell, and I really like Canada, so I'm rooting for you guys

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:34 AM   #1008
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute

No surprise - Milos has withdrawn from Acapulco "after visiting with doctors there".
Gonzil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:35 AM   #1009
country flag pica_pica

pica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond repute

Good move. He should really rest.

Believe in yourself, Novak.
That's all I ask of you.

2011 & 2014 Wimbledon. 2011 US Open.
2008, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Australian Open.
Laureus World Sportsman of the Year 2011
pica_pica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:49 PM   #1010
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

For anyone who speaks French, here's an article about Milos from Eurosport

http://www.eurosport.fr/tennis/atp-t...83/story.shtml

Makes reference to the comment by Roddick that Milos is the most interesting player he's seen hit the circuit in a while.
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:20 AM   #1011
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute

Milos did a conference call with press and talked about tendonitis in the shoulder:
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/moresports/...tp-raonic.html

and worked hard to justify his decision ever to agree to play in Acapulco:
http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...907/story.html

I remain amazed that Blanco would not factor in mental exhaustion - Raonic's answers make it look like they were only considering physical fitness.
Gonzil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:30 AM   #1012
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzil View Post
Milos did a conference call with press and talked about tendonitis in the shoulder:

I remain amazed that Blanco would not factor in mental exhaustion - Raonic's answers make it look like they were only considering physical fitness.
Doesn't he have to answer a certain way to avoid pissing off the tournament organizers, who gave him SE only to have him pull out? And this line from the 2nd article:

When you withdraw from an ATP event, it’s mandatory to be examined by the tournament’s physician.

He wants to maintain good relations with tournaments, especially if they were willing to do him a favour. Rather than say something that implies the real reason was that he just didn't feel like it.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:31 AM   #1013
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

they never "gave" him the SE, he was the highest ranked player who was qualified for it(I think he was the only one), and he wanted it, so they had to give it to him. Not like they did him a favour, it was something they had to do, unlike if it would have been a WC

That being said I haven't yet looked at the articles

EDIT: after looking at the articles, I notice that he was offered a WC into Acapulco, but eventually got the SE? WEll maybe they wanted to do him a favour, That being said I understand not wanting to get on the bad side of any tournament, so I understand where he's coming from, but he needed a rest so I glad he too it

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion

Last edited by 156mphserve : 02-23-2011 at 03:38 AM.
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:07 AM   #1014
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzil View Post

Is he really injured? what about Davis Cup, will he be able to play it?

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:36 AM   #1015
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokk View Post
Is he really injured? what about Davis Cup, will he be able to play it?
He's fine.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #1016
country flag alexito
amo la nba

alexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond repute

atp memphis roddick vs raonic http://videobam.com/riwUC

atp memphis fish vs raonic http://videobam.com/aLhxc

atp san jose verdasco vs raonic http://videobam.com/jMqSO
alexito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:12 PM   #1017
country flag Trypt

Trypt has a reputation beyond reputeTrypt has a reputation beyond reputeTrypt has a reputation beyond reputeTrypt has a reputation beyond reputeTrypt has a reputation beyond reputeTrypt has a reputation beyond reputeTrypt has a reputation beyond reputeTrypt has a reputation beyond reputeTrypt has a reputation beyond reputeTrypt has a reputation beyond reputeTrypt has a reputation beyond repute

Man, finally a real Canadian hope, and after watching him play three matches, the only negative is obviously his age and lack of tennis maturity, which was evident in his loss at the Australian Open which he should have won handily. Even the three straight he lost after winning the first he seemed like the better of the two, and it wasn't nerves, it was something else, perhaps just being overwhelmed or perhaps even being satisfied and in awe and not going for it. But it was a great experience, and although I don't know anything about his clay play, I am looking forward to the next Clay masters and of course the Open.

I have no doubt, barring injury, this guy will be top 10 by year end, and have a quarter final appearance in an Open if not this year, definitely the next, and perhaps even a semi in a Masters level tourney, that would be great. He is still not at the point where he can defeat the Soderlings and Murrays which he needs to do to get to the semis at the big ones, and I don't expect him to ever become a Djokovic or Nadal, but as long as he can complete with Murray I'll be happy.

But you never know, even after a few matches, this guy is the first real threat to come out of Canada in a long time, and a bonus, his background is balcan, a tennis mecca (Djokovic is my fav player, a bit of favouratism here I know, lol).

It was tough for me to watch him play Roddick in the final since I play with Roddick's racquet and he is one of my fav players, but I just wanted the better man to win, and to see Milos play so well convinced me of his bright future.

There are a few things that can derail a young player. Injury of course, but also management, if he is not careful, and of course love/relationship. If you look back at the greats, all the slumps always come with relationship issues. If he can focus and if he is strong enough mentally not to be taken advantage of by those who want money and those who want his heart, he will be fine.
Trypt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:56 PM   #1018
country flag ad-out

ad-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond repute

I watched Milos in Memphis last week and got a few pics from his pressers. Very impressive guy! Also in case you didn't know, his sister was traveling with him there and I am attaching a pic of her as well.

ad-out is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:00 AM   #1019
country flag letshavefun3

letshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond repute

So Milos has officially withdrawn from Indian Wells qualies list and so far there isn't anywhere that states he has a Main draw wild card, let's hope his injury isn't substantial and his MDWC is coming soon.
letshavefun3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:24 AM   #1020
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by letshavefun3 View Post
So Milos has officially withdrawn from Indian Wells qualies list and so far there isn't anywhere that states he has a Main draw wild card, let's hope his injury isn't substantial and his MDWC is coming soon.
Don't think there's anything to worry about; Milos has said his 'injury' wasn't serious, just maintenance and rest, and, looking at the guys who have pulled out of qualys, it seems pretty likely that the WCs will be Milos, Nishikori, Harrison, Blake and Tomic.
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote