Milos Raonic - Page 55 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-14-2011, 02:35 AM   #811
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Milos Raonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds_hockeygrl1536 View Post
I found him to be totally endearing! He's a nice kid and it definitely came across in the ceremony.
Yeah, everything we see suggests he is a nice kid.

The comment was about the ceremony. Canadians are a little sensitive about being associated with maple syrup and hockey (though it could be worse).
Gonzil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2011, 02:36 AM   #812
country flag bandtree

bandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds_hockeygrl1536 View Post
I found him to be totally endearing! He's a nice kid and it definitely came across in the ceremony.
Oh I completely agree...the kids a real class act. But the hockey jersey/maple syrup presentation was a bit hokey.
bandtree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:37 AM   #813
country flag Keech

Keech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond repute

Milos, is your head spinning as much as mine... I think not. You're way too centred.
Props dear lad! You do us proud!
Keech is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:38 AM   #814
country flag ds_hockeygrl1536

ds_hockeygrl1536 has a reputation beyond reputeds_hockeygrl1536 has a reputation beyond reputeds_hockeygrl1536 has a reputation beyond reputeds_hockeygrl1536 has a reputation beyond reputeds_hockeygrl1536 has a reputation beyond reputeds_hockeygrl1536 has a reputation beyond reputeds_hockeygrl1536 has a reputation beyond reputeds_hockeygrl1536 has a reputation beyond reputeds_hockeygrl1536 has a reputation beyond reputeds_hockeygrl1536 has a reputation beyond reputeds_hockeygrl1536 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandtree View Post
Oh I completely agree...the kids a real class act. But the hockey jersey/maple syrup presentation was a bit hokey.
I'm a huge pro hockey fan from Texas, but I see what you mean. He was a good sport. I'm sorry you guys have to be associated with those things forever and always, but they're really great things to be associated with
Marc Lopez Marcel Granollers
ds_hockeygrl1536 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:38 AM   #815
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandtree View Post
Surprised they didn't dress the MC up in a mounties costume, would have fit right in
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:40 AM   #816
country flag SK-

SK- has a reputation beyond reputeSK- has a reputation beyond reputeSK- has a reputation beyond reputeSK- has a reputation beyond reputeSK- has a reputation beyond reputeSK- has a reputation beyond reputeSK- has a reputation beyond reputeSK- has a reputation beyond reputeSK- has a reputation beyond reputeSK- has a reputation beyond reputeSK- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ARENA: There is a possibility that one day start playing for the Montenegro national team?
MILOŠ Raonić: For the time being, but later ... Anything is possible ...- concluded Raonic, stating that it's never been contacted by the Tennis Federation of Montenegro.
http://www.vijesti.me/sport/emocije-...ra-clanak-4241
http://www.vijesti.me/sport/milos-ra...to-clanak-4121

Quote:
Raonić told us that when conditions are created there will be no problem to get into the procedure for acquiring the right to play for Montenegro, but for now this is not possible - said Rašović.
Montenegrin player with a Canadian passport Milos Raonic due to earlier commitments to now can not play for Montenegro, said today the president of Tennis Federation of Montenegro (TSCG) Dimitri Rašović.

It is in this interview with MINA said Raonic hindered by rules of the World Tennis Association (ITF), which specifies that he could play for another team after three years of the last representative appearance.
According to him, but Raonic year did not play for Canada so you had to pass two more to gain eligibility to play for Montenegro.

- With him there's a will, it is He told us he was proud to be a Montenegrin and constantly referred to Montenegro. He stated that when conditions are created there will be no problem to get into the procedure for acquiring the right to play for Montenegro, but for now this is not possible - said Rašović agency MINA.

Rašović stressed that Raonić interested, but also to be complied with procedures.

- He is willing, his father was always proud to mention Milos Montenegro. Is interested in playing for us, although Montenegro and infrastructure, and professional staff and economically much weaker than Canada - said Rašović.

He believes that "much more should coincide so that Rašović play for Montenegro. "

- It TSCG not be alone, and the state would have to be involved, the sponsors to bring it up one such player, who will be among the top ten in the world - said Rašović.

Rašović pointed out that the ATP tournaments Raonić right to play a Montenegrin flag can obtain very quickly.
http://www.vijesti.me/sport/pravila-...ru-clanak-6204
SK- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:41 AM   #817
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasquetGulbis View Post
I actually just read around the forums that young Andrea Collarini, who used to represent Argentina, but then switched to the U.S. was cheered against pretty badly in his qualifying match today, and lost to a qualifying wildcard 6-1, 6-1 in a pretty bad fashion. His opponent was a higher rank then him, but he was serving at 35% firsts, winning 17% of those, and 18% of his seconds.... I hope Raonic would be better received if he decided to switch, and was playing at the Rogers Cup
If he were to switch, boo him.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:47 AM   #818
country flag d_s

d_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond repute

First of all amazing job to Milos tonight. I have no idea how he played with so much composure in his first ATP tour final.

Regarding changing nationalities, I really don't think he would. He's lived in Canada since he was 3, went to school here, trained here, and has family/friends here. As Canada's clear top player he's going to have way more opportunities than he ever would in Montenegro. He's also talked about how he wants his results to help with tennis development in Canada. For me it would be a shock if he were to ever play for Montenegro. Plus, being a Canadian is awesome anyways. Why would he want to?
d_s is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:51 AM   #819
country flag Miss Molly

Miss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond repute

I am pretty sure the media has brought this up before and asked him if he would switch allegiances and he said no.
Miss Molly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:52 AM   #820
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute

We discussed this article a few pages ago. I think the general consensus was that this was a combination of wishful thinking from the Montenegrins and some diplomatic words from Milos and his family, who probably didn't want to deny outright. Keeping his options open also has obvious advantages from his point of view, as it means he has a bargaining chip with Tennis Canada, should a rift ever develop.

The only words from Milos himself you've posted are about as non-committal as you can get, and he was pretty emphatic in the opposite way at one of his AO pressers. The rest just seems like this Rašović talking out of his ass, frankly.
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:53 AM   #821
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

IW can't make him play qualies there now can they?

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:57 AM   #822
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute

On the downside, Milos is going to have a daunting start to the 2012 season with all those points to defend.
Gonzil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:35 AM   #823
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Clearly very topical to the conversation here, thanks. Particularly as its been posted before.

Guess Montenegro would go all out to get Milos though considering you can't produce even a half decent footballer... I'm sure he has tons of fond memories of the place living there from 0-3 years old.
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:44 AM   #824
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Not shocking that this part of the world has so many wars, people from there are just... (you know what I want to say, but I can't say it, have to be nice)
Old 02-14-2011, 03:55 AM   #825
country flag GasquetGulbis

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
Clearly very topical to the conversation here, thanks. Particularly as its been posted before.

Guess Montenegro would go all out to get Milos though considering you can't produce even a half decent footballer... I'm sure he has tons of fond memories of the place living there from 0-3 years old.
Mirko Vucinic, and Stefan Jovetic are a bit above half decent
GasquetGulbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote