Milos Raonic - Page 155 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-29-2012, 12:44 PM   #2311
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Milos Raonic

he's really in for it now

sam takes the 3rd set tiebreak 7-6

he did really well to fight back from 0-4 and 3-6 down but sam took his set point finally at 9-8
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #2312
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

and now querrey breaks

he's really come out flat today and it could cost him
Old 06-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #2313
country flag misty1
Banned!

at this point he would need sam to just go completely awol..which i guess is possible
Old 06-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #2314
country flag misty1
Banned!

easy hold

3-1 querrey
Old 06-29-2012, 01:03 PM   #2315
country flag misty1
Banned!

another easy hold

4-2 querrey

time is running out
Old 06-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #2316
country flag AnotherGameFor

AnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't quite get what he needed in the big moments. Querey was playing really well, particularly defensively, which when combined with the wind, gave him the edge. Milos also lost the plot for a minute after losing the tiebreaker.

Despite losing 2 TB and getting broken an extra time, the match finished 153-153 on pts, so this easily could have gone the other way.
AnotherGameFor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:53 PM   #2317
country flag misty1
Banned!

well at least he finished the match

he came out flat today and it cost him. Sam didnt have any of his lapses that you would almost expect when closing milos out today
Old 06-29-2012, 05:11 PM   #2318
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute

Some sensible comments from Milos on the match

Quote:
"Yesterday was tough but I thought today I could improve a lot of things," said Raonic. "But I just didn't do it. I shanked a lot of balls and missed a lot.

"It's frustrating, I only stepped up when I was down and he was serving for it. I had two set points in both of the tiebreaks I lost. I was just hoping for him to make errors."

"I have to learn to win more playing poorly," said Raonic. "I had the chance to win while not playing well.

"At a Grand Slam with seven matches in two weeks you will play poorly in at least one. I have to learn to get through those. I played poorly yesterday and knew what I needed to do to get better.

"Today I played worse. That's not a motivating feeling."
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/tennis/stor...os-raonic.html

Hopefully he will be able to learn from this.

Last edited by Gonzil : 06-29-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Gonzil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:39 AM   #2319
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

too bad, Milos
Probably didn't help having both of his matches broken up over two days; that's not the normal rhythm.

And I was surprised to hear he asked not to be put on the court where he slipped last year. That is really not the way to get over your fears. If you're thrown off you need to 'get back on the horse,' as they say.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #2320
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

I just noticed that Milos has 1445 points this year to date and he only has 1540 points total so he really has a chance to move up the rankings a bit.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:15 PM   #2321
country flag Keech

Keech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
too bad, Milos
Probably didn't help having both of his matches broken up over two days; that's not the normal rhythm.

And I was surprised to hear he asked not to be put on the court where he slipped last year. That is really not the way to get over your fears. If you're thrown off you need to 'get back on the horse,' as they say.
I wasn't surprised by that at all Kat. In fact, I half expected it. I had Milos losing to Cilic on my bracket because I had a hunch the fall last year might prey on his mind somewhat. And it did it seems. I wouldn't be surprised if it explains his performance to some extent too. ..But I think that's only normal. That was a seriously traumatic event for him. It must be difficult enough just to deal with the pressure of performing well at Wimbledon. To be expected to deal with those kinds of fears on top of that is a lot to ask I think. Anyways, it's what he felt. And feelings can't be dictated.

I also think there are other ways, besides playing on Court 3 at Wimbledon, for him to get over that fear. He's playing Newport the week after next which is also on grass, but that tournament has no negative history for him. I think a few good matches there would help him a lot with his confidence on grass, and he could carry that forward on into Wimbly for the Olympics and for next year's grass season too. ..At least, that's my hope.
Keech is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #2322
country flag misty1
Banned!

got a tricky little round in in ebden

most likely goffin in round 2 if he gets through that

i dont know why but for some reason i thought he would have pulled out of here.

Last edited by misty1 : 07-08-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #2323
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Disappointing Wimbledon for Milos. He's obviously not quite there yet. Hopefully he will improve though.

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #2324
country flag mayumashu

mayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond repute

I guess the uneveness of the bouce the Newport grass gives goes a ways to explain Raonic's complete inability to keep a rally going, and he is no serve and volley player / chip and charge player. But who cares - he probably he will reach the third or fourth round in the Olympics because of even bounces and I think will pick up his game and get a lot of points in the summer hard court season. I say he finishes the U.S. Open ranked about 15, hopefully a little higher, but it depends how he does as he fatigues, not used to a full summer schedule on the top tour.
mayumashu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #2325
country flag AnotherGameFor

AnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond repute

I think the low bounce is also bad for his game. He gets a ton of soft returns that land short, which on a high bouncing court sets up a really easy put away. On Grass, these balls stay low and he makes way more errors and way more "soft" second shots that lets his opponent in the point. I think he will have a worst % 1st serve pts won on Grass than on Clay (and certainly way worse than hardcourt).
AnotherGameFor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote