Milos Raonic - Page 146 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #2176
country flag Ravel

Ravel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Milos Raonic

Roger will be very tough. The drop shots alone will give Raonic trouble. I just hope he puts up a good fight.
Ravel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #2177
country flag AnotherGameFor

AnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravel View Post
Roger will be very tough. The drop shots alone will give Raonic trouble. I just hope he puts up a good fight.
Good point on the drop shots, those do give Milos alot of trouble, even mediocre ones.
AnotherGameFor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:22 AM   #2178

AnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond repute

Match is 5th on the centre court, not before 10pm EST. Looks like Sportsnet is covering it live now, so should hopefully be on at that time.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:58 AM   #2179
country flag MaratandMilos

MaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond repute

A good match for him. I didn't expect him to win it, but he played quite well all things considered and that should give him confidence against elite players in the future.
MaratandMilos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #2180

Pretty good to take Roger to 3 sets with such a low 1st serve % for the match (56%). The first set was pretty good at 62% (which is actually low for him I believe), but sets 2 and 3 at 52% and 56% respectively just won't cut it. He also had the odd stat in the 3rd set of winning a higher percentage of 2nd serve points than 1st serve (Roger really struggled returning his second serve all match, which is a great sign moving forward).

Also unusual for Milos was his performance on his own break pts. Roger went 3/4 on break pt vs Milos, and never carved out even a double break point, which I think also bodes well moving forward.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #2181
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic thinks Raonic can reach top 10

Novak Djokovic, who watched Roger Federer defeat Milos Raonic in three sets on Tuesday, said the young Canadian sensation has elite potential. "We all expected Milos to serve the way he serves," Djokovic said of the 27th-ranked Raonic. "He's always serving really strong and using that as a great weapon. It was a close match. Milos has a bright future in front of him. He's a very nice man in the first place, and somebody that you could feel that is very committed to the game.*He's very professional. He understands the match play, what he needs to do in important moments. That's going to be crucial for him to overcome those challenges in the future.*But he has potential to be Top 10."
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:17 PM   #2182

So Milos draws Murray in Rd 3, with Berdych the other top 8 player in the quarter, so if he can beat Murray, much is possible. Of the top 4, this is clearly the best chance for a Milos victory.

His first match will be the winner of Sela and a Qualifier,

Last edited by AnotherGameFor : 03-19-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #2183
country flag nellis_lv

nellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond repute

I think Andy Murray's the worst match-up for him amongst the top 4.

I was okay/excited about his match against Fed (knew he had a chance) and would've been just a little less okay/excited if it was Nadal or Djokovic.

But I seriously think Murray is the best 1st serve returner of the bunch... hoping for Istomin to take him out.
nellis_lv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:24 PM   #2184

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellis_lv View Post
I think Andy Murray's the worst match-up for him amongst the top 4.

I was okay/excited about his match against Fed (knew he had a chance) and would've been just a little less okay/excited if it was Nadal or Djokovic.

But I seriously think Murray is the best 1st serve returner of the bunch... hoping for Istomin to take him out.
At the same time, Murray is the worst of the big 4 once you get into a rally, and won't be able to exploit Milos' weaknesses as well as the other 3. Milos was able to hit with Federer, but Feds was able to move him just so to take control.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:14 PM   #2185
country flag mayumashu

mayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond repute

Call me crazy, but I filled out my Miami bracket and, as it works out, I've got Milos reaching the final, losing to Novak then.
mayumashu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:44 PM   #2186
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute

Close first set against Clement, but seemed to cruise in the second, pretty comfortable match
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:07 PM   #2187
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumashu View Post
Call me crazy, but I filled out my Miami bracket and, as it works out, I've got Milos reaching the final, losing to Novak then.
you're crazy

but I am too, I have him in the final losing to Fed

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #2188
country flag Loveforty

Loveforty is on a distinguished road

LOL, you two ARE crazy, I have him losing to Berdych, but if he beats Murray, I'm pretty sure it'll be a nice match against Berdych.
Hey, at least you didn't put him as the winner of the tournament ;-D

- - Milos Raonic - - - - - Tommy Haas - - - -
-
Marco Chiudinelli - Peter Polansky - - -
- -
Roger Federer - Michael Lammer- - - - -
- - - - - - - -
Vasek Pospisil - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
:-D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Loveforty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #2189
country flag guichard

guichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond repute

Neil Harman of the Times was saying earlier today that the match against Murray will be either the first one or last one on Centre court
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:14 PM   #2190
country flag guichard

guichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond repute

Oops he was wrong, it is the third match on grandstand
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote