Milos Raonic - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-20-2011, 02:25 AM   #196
country flag Emeraldhands

Emeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Milos Raonic

Who think he will make the main draw of the French?
Emeraldhands is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2011, 02:26 AM   #197
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cath777 View Post
I'm expecting great things from him. Any thoughts on Niemeyer as a coach?
Niemeyer must have done an outstanding job last year to get Milos to where he is but he is no longer his coach, its Galo Blanco now, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stzenit View Post
If Youzhny wins i am a little worried about this Raonic guy, how is he from the back of the court i have never had the pleasure of watching the Montenegrin.

edit.. Youzhny has been broken in the Third i think i jinxed him without realizing..
Raonic is actually decent from the back of the court but to beat a top 10 player after 5 matches at your second GS is a lot to ask for.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:27 AM   #198
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldhands View Post
I think he'll be in directly by then

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:32 AM   #199
country flag stzenit

stzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Raonic is actually decent from the back of the court but to beat a top 10 player after 5 matches at your second GS is a lot to ask for.
Thanks mate, I will go check him out if you guys want a report as I arrived in Australia yesterday

Marat Safin Matches Youtube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/MaratSafinVideos2
stzenit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:34 AM   #200
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldhands View Post
Only if he has a direct entry, which by then is very realistic.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:34 AM   #201
country flag cath777

cath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Niemeyer must have done an outstanding job last year to get Milos to where he is but he is no longer his coach, its Galo Blanco now, isn't it?

Thanks for the info. I googled and found the following article

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/T...081/story.html

MELBOURNE, Australia — While he’s not quite the sensation of this year’s Australian Open — at least not yet — Canadian Milos Raonic is definitely opening a few eyes.

It isn’t just the Canadians in the crowd who know what the product of Thornhill, Ont., is all about, total strangers are raving about his monster serve.

He has support from the Spanish contingent, friends and training partners picked up at his training base in Barcelona. He even had a gaggle of agents, including Ken Meyerson (who represents Andy Roddick) watching his final qualifying match over the weekend.

“I don’t really make any decisions without my parents; I’m not rushing into any decisions, any big life change. Everything’s talked about. I’ve been offered many different things, and sometimes it’s not the best thing for me,” Raonic said. “I feel I’m making a big impact, so it’s going to draw attention. But to me it doesn’t matter. I know that when I get the results, the attention will come.”

It’s heady stuff for a 20-year-old still ranked No. 152 in the world, who just won his first match in the main draw of a Grand Slam event on Tuesday.

“I’ve been getting great advice, even from other coaches,” Raonic said. “(David) Nalbandian’s coach says, ‘Keep at it, you have a very bright future. Just listen to Galo (Spanish coach Galo Blanco) and do the work.’ People are noticing it.”

Raonic said he doesn’t think people perceive him as a typical qualifier.

“Out of all of them, I think I’m one of the few people don’t want to play in the first round. And even compared to some of the guys in the main draw,” he said. “It’s one of the reasons why top players have been willing to train with me, because the level is there and I’m just trying to pick up the experience, learn new things, and show progress in my development with my tennis, my mental game, and my fitness.”

A year ago, Raonic was talking the talk. But he didn’t necessarily believe it.

After a slow start to 2010, retired player Fred Niemeyer, now a Tennis Canada coach, took Raonic under his wing. It made a huge difference.

Raonic said he would have loved to continue working with Niemeyer, who has a young family and didn’t want to commit to being on the road more than 15 weeks a year.

And so Tennis Canada put him together with Blanco, a former top-50 player from Spain who has great connections and who, Raonic says, has given him some tips — especially about playing best-of-five set matches, as he now must do in Grand Slams — that he had never heard from anyone before.

Raonic’s next opponent will be No. 22 seed Michael Llodra, a brilliant but oft-injured Frenchman whose lefty serve-and-volley game is a throwback to the golden era of tennis.

It’s a full-out attacking game that is hard to counter, and increasingly hard to produce in the era of huge hitters and powerful rackets.

They’ll play on Thursday.

Raonic isn’t worried.

“My serve, I can take care of, I don’t care who’s on the other side. I think I serve better than most, so I think I’ll have more chances on their serve than they will on mine,” he said. “I know Llodra likes to play quick. But I know that if I get behind the ball and hit hard, I know I can keep him away from the net.”

Raonic defeated Llodra 6-4, 7-6 in the second and final round of qualifying at the Rogers Cup in 2009. It was the first big splash for the kid, just 18 at the time.

But Llodra was coming off an injury suffered at Wimbledon that year, when he retired in the first set of a second-round match against Tommy Haas of Germany.

After beating Marco Chiudinelli in the first round of qualifying in Montreal, he remembers he absolutely couldn’t move the next day.

Llodra, 30, chucked Tuesday at what he referred to as the “insouciance” of youth, in the confident proclamations of his young opponent.

“I have a few weapons, too,” he said.

Montreal Gazette

smyles@montrealgazette.com
© Copyright (c) The Montreal Gazette

I wonder what Llodra will say to the press now
cath777 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:34 AM   #202
Snowwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stzenit View Post
Thanks mate, I will go check him out if you guys want a report as I arrived in Australia yesterday
That would be great.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:06 AM   #203
Snowwy

Blaz is up at break in the 4th set now after winning the third, the longer this match goes on the better.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:39 AM   #204

Emeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond repute

Blaz could be a bete noire of a match for Milos.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:45 AM   #205
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute

Great to see Kavcic and Youzhny toiling out there in the Melbourne heat. Hopefully they'll stay out there a couple more hours
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:47 AM   #206

Been watching ESPN and not even a mention yet of Milos
Old 01-20-2011, 03:52 AM   #207
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarghman View Post
Great to see Kavcic and Youzhny toiling out there in the Melbourne heat. Hopefully they'll stay out there a couple more hours
We need Isner/Mahut #2

Tire them out please

But give us Kavcic

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:46 AM   #208
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute

Milos' interview, post match:

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...495237578.html

Quote:
Q. What do you feel like this means for Canadian tennis?

MILOS RAONIC: That's actually big, because always I want to be able to give back. With the state of Canadian tennis, I feel like there's a lot I can give to that. This is, I'm hoping, going to have a big effect on it.

My presence and my voice will have more of a say, I feel, within the Canadian tennis. I hope to help the sport grow, so this isn't a big deal for us. We want this to be four times a year in each of the Grand Slams, we want to have this consistent level.

Q. How are you feeling physically after five matches? It was quite warm today. Your opponent looked like he was feeling it fairly early on. You're even a bigger guy than he is. How did you feel? How did the heat affect you?

MILOS RAONIC: I was very fortunate last year. It's a fortunate situation, not unfortunate, that I got hurt at the end of the year. I tore my pec. But this allowed me to start up the off season on November 15th.

So this gave me six weeks of very tough fitness. It's really paying off here. It's helping out. I'm really feeling no stress, no fatigue in my body. I'm feeling fresh day in and day out. I'm obviously doing the things I have to to recover: taking care of my body, making sure I don't get hurt.

But I feel I did put in the hours this off season that are shining right now in my game and in my fitness, so...

Q. If it is Youzhny, any thoughts about possibly playing him?

MILOS RAONIC: He's going to fight for every point and so am I. We're going to get out there. It's going to be a good match. I'm going to try the same: impose my game, try to dictate play more, try to go for my chances, really not have any regrets after my match.

I know if I do this, everything's going to come together. We'll see what happens.
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:22 AM   #209
country flag ShotmaKer
Unregistered User

ShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond repute

Milos

Am so happy right now.

instagram.com/ballstriker
Y'all are gobbling like a confused turkey !
ShotmaKer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:43 AM   #210
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond repute

wouldn't it be amazing to see Raonic - Berankis match in a 4th round of a GS? Let's hope it happens then