Milos Raonic - Page 116 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-11-2011, 06:24 AM   #1726
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Milos Raonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by milosraonicfan View Post
Decent effort by Milos. This means he gets 45 points and brings him to #26. If he makes it to the 4th round of Wimbledon which is very likely he will get 200 points which will bring his points to 1579 which will put him in a good position for #19 and challenging for #18! Wow Milos is actually threathing for Top 20!!! I honestly think Milos can make it to the Top 10 by the end of the year!! What do you guys think?

I think you are somewhat over-optimistic: as the #31 seed, he is set to face a top 8 seed in R3, so it's hardly 'very likely' for him to make R4. And of course, as we saw this week, there are plenty of unseeded players that could take him out before he even makes it to that seed meeting.

That being said, he should be able to press on for top 20 by the end of the season. If he can get a big breakthrough result or two at one of the GSs or 1000s, top 10's certainly not of the question either, though it will be very tough.
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #1727
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

your getting way over excited here in saying top 10 by the end of the season.He could be top 20 but he could also stall out and finish the year right in the area that he is now

but top 10..out of the question

and your also falling in with everyone else in thinking he'll be great on grass when thats just not true
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:06 PM   #1728
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Doubles Final at Halle
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #1729
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute

I second those saying top 10 this year is completely unrealistic.

The thing to bear in mind is that Milos is now at a level to qualify for all the mandatory events. While the plus side is that he gets in, the minus side is that the mandatory events must be counted among his points. He already has 4 mandatories at 10 points each from first round losses - and those will continue to be part of his countable tournaments for the rest of the year. As the year goes by there will be ever less room to be gaining points from non-mandatory tournaments.
Gonzil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:38 PM   #1730
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzil View Post
I second those saying top 10 this year is completely unrealistic.

The thing to bear in mind is that Milos is now at a level to qualify for all the mandatory events. While the plus side is that he gets in, the minus side is that the mandatory events must be counted among his points. He already has 4 mandatories at 10 points each from first round losses - and those will continue to be part of his countable tournaments for the rest of the year. As the year goes by there will be ever less room to be gaining points from non-mandatory tournaments.
I agree that Milos is not going to gradually make his way into the top 10 by getting R4 at GSs and QFs at 1000s. However, it's certainly possible that he could have a big breakthrough result, especially late in the season, in Asia on the indoor European events. Win a 500 or make the final of a 1000, and the top 10 is not that far away. I don't think that will happen this year, but I didn't think he'd be seeded by RG, either. Get big results, and the ranking rise will come quickly, until you get to the very top.
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:25 PM   #1731
country flag Emeraldhands

Emeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond repute

I think he will fair alot better in the US Hardcourt season. Making the fourth round of Wimbledon is a stretch. He is going to need a very favorable draw in my opinion. I don't see him making the fourth round of Wimbledon, but I don't think any of us thought he would make the 4th round of the Australian so we'll see.
Emeraldhands is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:27 PM   #1732
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

different surface though

it depends on the draw, luckily for him there arent alot of grass courters left out there..petzschner and mahut are the only 2 i can think of off the top of my head

i would guess he'd reach the 3rd round..but then by that same token no one thought he'd lose to berrer at the french either so..
Old 06-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #1733
country flag AnotherGameFor

AnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
different surface though

it depends on the draw, luckily for him there arent alot of grass courters left out there..petzschner and mahut are the only 2 i can think of off the top of my head

i would guess he'd reach the 3rd round..but then by that same token no one thought he'd lose to berrer at the french either so..
He could have beaten Petzchner who was playing extremely well while Milos was playing only OK (especially his serve). I agree he can lose early as he isn't going to get very many breaks, but he isn't going to get broken very often. Petzchner broke him twice in three sets.

So while I think he is beatable on grass, he isn't going to get blown off the court by anyone, and with his good mentality in tiebreakers, he can go pretty far. But, he could also easily lose in the first round as well, but that is why we watch.
AnotherGameFor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:46 PM   #1734
country flag misty1
Banned!

oh, i dont think he'll get blown away7 all im saying is to beware the unexpected because while he's surprised us in the good way we before he's also surprised us the wrong way

but you are right, this is why we watch
Old 06-11-2011, 06:00 PM   #1735
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
different surface though

3rd round at wimbly is a good guess. I think 3rd round is the most realistic result for Milos there. He didn't impress at Halle, but he wasn't really bad either. He'll probably get a few wins at Wimbly, but I really don't think he'll reach the latter rounds. I second those saying that he'll probably fare better in the Asia swing and even in the Indoor European swing. Hopefully he'll do good on home soil too in Montreal

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #1736
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Speculating on how far Milos can go at Wimbledon is virtually pointless until we see the draw
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:17 AM   #1737
country flag Ravel

Ravel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond repute

yup, I agree

Premature high expectations are why there are some people out there who keep saying he's overhyped. To me, overhyping someone is almost as bad as bashing him. I'd rather see realism, and overhypers and bashers are not.

Go ahead and cheer for him, but one match at a time. How many times have people looked forward to a possible Raonic/Fed, Raonic/Sod match and it didn't happen?

He needs to prove himself in a long run first. He hasn't even finished or done a full year of ATP yet. He hasn't had the pressure of defending a lot of points yet. We still have to see how he deals with those.
Ravel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:33 AM   #1738
country flag milosraonicfan

milosraonicfan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravel View Post
yup, I agree

Premature high expectations are why there are some people out there who keep saying he's overhyped. To me, overhyping someone is almost as bad as bashing him. I'd rather see realism, and overhypers and bashers are not.

Go ahead and cheer for him, but one match at a time. How many times have people looked forward to a possible Raonic/Fed, Raonic/Sod match and it didn't happen?

He needs to prove himself in a long run first. He hasn't even finished or done a full year of ATP yet. He hasn't had the pressure of defending a lot of points yet. We still have to see how he deals with those.
Yea agree speculating is not that good. Well the draw is coming on Friday! Lets see what happens.
#25 and CLIMBING
CANADA'S HOPE!!!
milosraonicfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:43 PM   #1739
country flag milosraonicfan

milosraonicfan is on a distinguished road

So far decent double match against a pro team!!! Its first set 6 6 going into tie break!
#25 and CLIMBING
CANADA'S HOPE!!!
milosraonicfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #1740
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Double fault at 9-9 in super tiebreak.

Not sure if it was Milos or Robin.