Canadian Players 2 - Page 148 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-20-2012, 01:58 AM   #2206
country flag mayumashu

mayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Players 2

No particular good news for Canadians in first round of Canada F9. Peliwo lost pretty handily to a guy ranked over a thousand spots lower than him. Krainik and Di Feo beat a couple of lower ranked fellow Canadians to advance - them along with Peter and Prokajac mean there are four left out of 16 players in singles.
mayumashu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #2207
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I thought R1 would go better when I saw the draw.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:50 AM   #2208
country flag mayumashu

mayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond repute

Antoine Richard continues to get results, into the quarter of Turkey Futures.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:30 AM   #2209
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute

Top 1000 rankings for 24 September:

15 Raonic, Milos (CH 15) (start of year: 31)
122 Pospisil, Vasek (CH 85) (start of year: 119)
139 Dancevic, Frank (CH 65) (start of year: 151)
149 Polansky, Peter (CH!) (start of year: 285)
213 Chvojka, Erik (CH 204) (start of year: 268)
253 Diez, Steven (CH!) (start of year: 363)
430 Duclos, Pierre-Ludovic (CH 229) (start of year: 249)
557 Bester, Philip (CH 229) (start of year: 391)
571 Peliwo, Filip (CH 564) (start of year: 864)
630 Pokrajac, Milan (CH 411) (start of year: 839)

New career highs for Polansky and Diez.

Bring out the trumpets to celebrate the fact that we have 4 players in the top 150. If I am not mistaken, the first time in over 20 years. On 18 March 1991 we had:

74 Connell, Grant (CAN)
111 Sznajder, Andrew (CAN)
145 Pridham, Chris (CAN)
150 Wostenholme, Martin (CAN)

Enjoy it to the full this week, as next week Peter's going down again (he has points dropping off).
Gonzil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:33 PM   #2210
country flag mayumashu

A low point for Canadian players now. Can only go up from here. Raonic losing to Nieminen indoors in straight sets. Frank not playing despite signing up (in Belgium). Peter retiring from his match. Bester withdrawing from the Brazil challenger. Duclos not playing. Chvojka losing in the second round of a Future (last week).

Pospisil is playing pretty good, taking Dimitrov to three sets and Diez came back from 0-6 to win, but in a Futures 1st round match. Like I say, it can only go up from here.

Last edited by mayumashu : 10-02-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #2211
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

erik playing in a futures event this week is a bit rediculous..actually its alot rediculous

no one in that event is anywhere near him in the rankings
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #2212
country flag mayumashu

If he wins the tourney, he'll win 18 points and gain 16 points (since he drops two points at week's end). I can't tell where this would put him since ATP.com's ranking listing is screwed up now (ranking for a player on their profile page and on the rankings list page are different - Chovojka is either 214 or 227 now - I think it is actuallly the former but not sure). So, he might climb ten places, I'm guessing. I suppose this allows him to be safe to qualify for Aussie Open qualies, but is that the right way to approach tour tennis?

Is he in it for the money or to hope to break through and get ranked higher. If it's not the latter, you'd think he'd pack it in. Or maybe he just loves tennis that much? You'd think he d play challengers so to get better, and let the rankings come with that. Definitely seems he struggles with confidence, as tour tennis players go.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:17 AM   #2213
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

I can see some of the reasons your saying but it kind of annoys me that he's doing this. Its one thing for players who dont need to the points or money to drop down to the challenger level.(I have a few exceptions to that being okay but in general it annoys me). Its another thing for a player almost in the top 200 to be playing a futures event where the guy ranked highest after him is 400 places below.

his rankings looks great but he doesnt have alot of good results at stronger tournaments to back that up. His ranking is really inflated at the moment. I know he hasnt done well on hgiher level events but if he would play more of them instead of insisting on constantly jumping down to the futures he'd get better
Old 10-03-2012, 12:51 AM   #2214
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumashu View Post
I can't tell where this would put him since ATP.com's ranking listing is screwed up now (ranking for a player on their profile page and on the rankings list page are different - Chovojka is either 214 or 227 now - I think it is actuallly the former but not sure).
The reason it looks screwed up is that ATP suddenly decided a couple of weeks ago to have the rankings page default to the race (i.e. year to date). Nice, I suppose, if you are looking for the race, but extremely confusing for people who thought they were getting the rankings. You have to click on the menu on left for singles rankings.

Chvojka is 214 in rankings, 227 in the race.
Gonzil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:13 AM   #2215
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
I can see some of the reasons your saying but it kind of annoys me that he's doing this. Its one thing for players who dont need to the points or money to drop down to the challenger level.(I have a few exceptions to that being okay but in general it annoys me). Its another thing for a player almost in the top 200 to be playing a futures event where the guy ranked highest after him is 400 places below.

his rankings looks great but he doesnt have alot of good results at stronger tournaments to back that up. His ranking is really inflated at the moment. I know he hasnt done well on hgiher level events but if he would play more of them instead of insisting on constantly jumping down to the futures he'd get better
You realize sports are competitive and if you are ranked higher, you can do anything you want. This post is almost at the level of those who say NHL players shouldn't be playing in Europe in the lockout. Erik can play any tournament he wants to if his ranking is high enough, its a business, he is not in it to make players ranked #600 in the world feel good.

Now, I do have a guess as to why he is in it. Two actually. I think he has a small lingering injury, giving him no chance to win at the challenger level (or so he believes), so his options are to pack it in and make no money and lose ranking points or to play futures he should do well in even with his injury to keep his ranking and earn money to play in other events and get healthy.

We know that Tennis Canada gives Erik nothing so I can see why he has do to this and if this situation is true (I only guess based on recent terrible results which are out of character for Erik, he always beats players ranked below him and rarely beats players ranked ahead of him) then its laughable to say he shouldn't be making an earning and he should be making no money on the challenger tour.

We could have had some insight into this but the 2eazy was scared into leaving by the crazies of this board sadly.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:28 AM   #2216
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post

One thing you gotta know when the rankings are that low, is that they really don't mean as much at that level, there isn't much seperating CH players from Futures players, there could be and are some very good young Futures players there, you can't always go just by a players rank.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Janowicz, Kohlschreiber, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #2217
Snowwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
One thing you gotta know when the rankings are that low, is that they really don't mean as much at that level, there isn't much seperating CH players from Futures players, there could be and are some very good young Futures players there, you can't always go just by a players rank.
If Vinceguerra is healthy he will win the event. And what's he, unranked?
Old 10-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #2218
country flag misty1
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
You realize sports are competitive and if you are ranked higher, you can do anything you want. This post is almost at the level of those who say NHL players shouldn't be playing in Europe in the lockout. Erik can play any tournament he wants to if his ranking is high enough, its a business, he is not in it to make players ranked #600 in the world feel good.

Now, I do have a guess as to why he is in it. Two actually. I think he has a small lingering injury, giving him no chance to win at the challenger level (or so he believes), so his options are to pack it in and make no money and lose ranking points or to play futures he should do well in even with his injury to keep his ranking and earn money to play in other events and get healthy.

We know that Tennis Canada gives Erik nothing so I can see why he has do to this and if this situation is true (I only guess based on recent terrible results which are out of character for Erik, he always beats players ranked below him and rarely beats players ranked ahead of him) then its laughable to say he shouldn't be making an earning and he should be making no money on the challenger tour.

We could have had some insight into this but the 2eazy was scared into leaving by the crazies of this board sadly.
Of course he's not in it to make those players feel good. But i feel like every level of the tour was designed to help you build yourself up so that you can get to that next level. Futures were designed to help people break on to the tour. Challengers are the next step up from futures and are to help you prepare for the atp tour and then once you get good enough in challengers you start transitioning to the main tour, hopefully forever leaving the challengers behind. Some guys need to go back and forth between challengers and the atp tour.

Erik can love the game all he wants but there are plenty of challengers for him to to get in to or try and get in to. Yes there are some great young players playing the futures tour but there is a real difference between the challengers and futures tour

if he wants to make an earning playing this game then why not try and play the events that will earn you more money? futures only really help you if you do good in them point wise and the money isnt that great

also if he does have an injury even if its just a small one why not take the time off to get rid of it and then go back and play at a higher level

besides if he is injured to the point where its affecting his play that much and he really cant fight through it then maybe ikt would be better to tak time off.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:17 AM   #2219
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
If Vinceguerra is healthy he will win the event. And what's he, unranked?
Your point being that you agree with me, of course there can be some good vets too, but to say that he will win the even for sure is a bit of a stretch.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Janowicz, Kohlschreiber, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:55 AM   #2220
Snowwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Your point being that you agree with me, of course there can be some good vets too, but to say that he will win the even for sure is a bit of a stretch.
If he is healthy, he's a borderline ATP player