Canadian Players 2 - Page 144 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-13-2012, 11:53 PM   #2146
country flag mayumashu

mayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Players 2

I agree. I think inside the top 150, even. I guess it's just that he plays aggressively and serves well; tries to get to the net where he plays well. Old school grass court tennis.
mayumashu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #2147
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Isade Juneau and Hugo Di Feo with two wins today, including over ranked players.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:12 PM   #2148
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Isade Juneau and Hugo Di Feo with two wins today, including over ranked players.
And they play each other next, so one of them gets through

I really feel for them, though, playing 2 matches in this heat! One would be bad enough.
Gonzil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #2149
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzil View Post
And they play each other next, so one of them gets through

I really feel for them, though, playing 2 matches in this heat! One would be bad enough.
Juneau wins. Will be intersting to see how he plays against a ranked player.

I think some interesting WCs too.

Dancevic
Bester
Peliwo
Monette
Krainek

Not sure which on the 5 but all of them are in the doubles draw.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:53 PM   #2150
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dancevic
Bester
Peliwo
Monette
Krainek

Not sure which on the 5 but all of them are in the doubles draw.
Peliwo is in on his own ranking.

Unfortunately all of our guys with a realistic chance of going anywhere are in the top half of the draw.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #2151
Snowwy

All of them got in since Peliwo was a direct entry.

3 direct entries,
2 qualifiers
4 wild cards.

I think that there is a good chance here for a Canadian in the final from the top half with the three highest ranked players being Canadian. Maybe Pokrajac can make a run on the bottom half, he does well in these events sometimes.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:51 AM   #2152
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

its kind of funny that of the 9 canadians in the draw 6 of them ended up in the same half

vasek has a QF to defend, honestly i dont see anyone stopping him from reaching at least the semi final. IF frank is healthy id take frank to get to the final over him but his recent performances really have be doubting he'll even get that far

i think the favorite in the bottom half is sijsling

i call a sijlsing v.s dancevic/pospisil final
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:38 AM   #2153
country flag Gonzil

The good thing about the draw is that only 2 Canadians play each other 1st round, so if all goes well, we can have 8 in round 2

I think Vasek probably needs to win this tournament if he wants to get direct entry to US Open.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:17 AM   #2154
Snowwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzil View Post
The good thing about the draw is that only 2 Canadians play each other 1st round, so if all goes well, we can have 8 in round 2

I think Vasek probably needs to win this tournament if he wants to get direct entry to US Open.
If he wins the event, he is into the low 80s, around 82. I think a finals appearence will get him into the US Open.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:02 PM   #2155
country flag tommyg6

tommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If he wins the event, he is into the low 80s, around 82. I think a finals appearence will get him into the US Open.
Its doable.
tommyg6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #2156
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

i think alot will also depend on where his confidence is. He hasnt had a successful run on the main tour on a part of the season vasek was very excited about.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:04 AM   #2157
country flag misty1
Banned!

i'm delighted to see that gabriela dabrowski is back. I hadnt seen her in a while
Old 07-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #2158
country flag misty1
Banned!

shout out to genie who crushed dubois in the final of the womens event this past weekend. Future of canadian womens tennis right there
Old 07-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #2159
Snowwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
shout out to genie who crushed dubois in the final of the womens event this past weekend. Future of canadian womens tennis right there
I was happy to see that.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:55 PM   #2160
country flag misty1
Banned!

Quote:
I was happy to see that.
me too. Im hoping she can crack the top 100 and start making grand slam main draws by next year. My oppinion is that if she keeps the form she has right now for long enough she wont need that wild card to get into wimbledon next year