Canadian Players 2 - Page 141 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-05-2012, 03:48 PM   #2101
country flag handofgod

handofgod has a reputation beyond reputehandofgod has a reputation beyond reputehandofgod has a reputation beyond reputehandofgod has a reputation beyond reputehandofgod has a reputation beyond reputehandofgod has a reputation beyond reputehandofgod has a reputation beyond reputehandofgod has a reputation beyond reputehandofgod has a reputation beyond reputehandofgod has a reputation beyond reputehandofgod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Players 2

Peliwo into the semis at Wimby, facing Krueger.

Not much talk about him anymore - worn out after the last two final losses ?
handofgod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2012, 09:46 PM   #2102
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by handofgod View Post
Peliwo into the semis at Wimby, facing Krueger.

Not much talk about him anymore - worn out after the last two final losses ?
Every event you look at his draw and say, this will be tough and every time he does it. We are really being spoiled by the recent success of Canadian tennis.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:15 PM   #2103
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Henry Choi with a quarter final in Kelowna.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #2104
Snowwy

Peliwo is so clutch. Saved match points in the 5-2* game and the *5-3 game.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #2105
Snowwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Peliwo is so clutch. Saved match points in the 5-2* game and the *5-3 game.
Saves more match points at *5-6
Old 07-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #2106
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

genie made the final!

im so happy for her

elina svitolina spoiled the party and prevented an all canadian final by beating francoise 6-4, 3-6, 6-2

abanda was up and early break in that 3rd set and dropped 6 games in a row

on another note the scheduling decisions of some of these girls confuses me. What the hell is svitolina still doing playing juniors for example? or gavrilova?

im also hoping this is the last year genie will play the junior slams and she'll start focusing on her pro career..same with peliwo
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #2107
Snowwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
genie made the final!

im so happy for her

elina svitolina spoiled the party and prevented an all canadian final by beating francoise 6-4, 3-6, 6-2

abanda was up and early break in that 3rd set and dropped 6 games in a row

on another note the scheduling decisions of some of these girls confuses me. What the hell is svitolina still doing playing juniors for example? or gavrilova?

im also hoping this is the last year genie will play the junior slams and she'll start focusing on her pro career..same with peliwo
I think it makes a lot of sense for juniors no matter age to play junior slams. Big pressure, big courts, if they do well, lots of spectators, I think its better preparation for their careers than playing in some 10k futures event.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #2108
Snowwy

Peliwo to a 3rd set!!!! How did that happen. I think 5 match points saved, in 3 different games.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #2109
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
I think it makes a lot of sense for juniors no matter age to play junior slams. Big pressure, big courts, if they do well, lots of spectators, I think its better preparation for their careers than playing in some 10k futures event.

thats true but at some point they should be thinking about actually working on their pro careers. At some point they need to move on. I dont see the benefit of staying and playing junior slams when girls like svitolina and gavrilova have already had success there and been playing juniors for a number of years so they'll have experienced all that already
Old 07-06-2012, 04:14 PM   #2110
Snowwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
thats true but at some point they should be thinking about actually working on their pro careers. At some point they need to move on. I dont see the benefit of staying and playing junior slams when girls like svitolina and gavrilova have already had success there and been playing juniors for a number of years
I guess the question is, at least in my mind, do you want to be the tortoise or the hare? I don't know which is better.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #2111
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Yep Filip saved 5 mp, I got hom at 5-7 1-1 to see him lose serve. This is awesome, keep going Filip!!!

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #2112
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

He breaks, will serve for his 3rd straight GS final. C'Mon!!!

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 07-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #2113
country flag 156mphserve

He won. Wow, that's wicked, I felt like afterf those mp at 2-5, if Filip could make him serve for it he may crumble under the pressure, and after he got broken I felt like Filip had a great chance.

He also upped his game after being down in set 2. He was 9-20 W/UE at that point but finished the match 34-33, so he went 25-13 from then on. That's impressive

Time to win one of these finals

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 07-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #2114
country flag handofgod

handofgod has a reputation beyond reputehandofgod has a reputation beyond reputehandofgod has a reputation beyond reputehandofgod has a reputation beyond reputehandofgod has a reputation beyond reputehandofgod has a reputation beyond reputehandofgod has a reputation beyond reputehandofgod has a reputation beyond reputehandofgod has a reputation beyond reputehandofgod has a reputation beyond reputehandofgod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
He won. Wow, that's wicked, I felt like afterf those mp at 2-5, if Filip could make him serve for it he may crumble under the pressure, and after he got broken I felt like Filip had a great chance.

He also upped his game after being down in set 2. He was 9-20 W/UE at that point but finished the match 34-33, so he went 25-13 from then on. That's impressive

Time to win one of these finals
I am amazed. AMAZING.
handofgod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:23 PM   #2115
country flag misty1
Banned!

well they say the 3rd time is the charm..it just depends on whether or not he lets his nerves get the best of him yet again