Canadian Players 2 - Page 101 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #1501
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Players 2

1 win against an okay player wont change my mind about her

she got lucky with the draw and even still it was iffy that she'd win today, tells you how bad she is

she has no chance in hell against petkovic
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2011, 12:28 PM   #1502
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

doesn't matter if she has a chance in hell against petkovic, round 2 is better than half the players playing

but yeah I see what you mean, that being said she won very easily today

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:34 PM   #1503
country flag Ravel

Ravel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond repute

a win's a win. That's all I'm gonna say
Ravel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:09 PM   #1504
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

what gets me so upset is, as i've said before this gets her closer to the top 100 and she's just not top 100 material the fact that she hasnt even cracked 20 main tour wins in her career and yet she's been on for how long? says that for itself

even as a canadian i'd be upset if she finished the year top 100

with that said it looks as though canadians aill go 4-1 in round 1 with the only loser being wozniak who went down in straights to barbora zahlavova strycova.That was probably expected anyway since aleks has never beaten her before
Old 06-21-2011, 01:17 PM   #1505
country flag letshavefun3

letshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond repute

Diez is the #8 seed in a Futures event in Morocco.
letshavefun3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #1506
country flag Ravel

Ravel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond repute

I can only see it as a good thing, we have kids at the NTC looking up at the Canadians winning matches in the main draw of a grand slam. It can only motivate them in that they can maybe get there one day. And they don't necessarily need to be a prodigy or anything to get that done.

Who cares if they're in the top 100 or if they're 750, it's pretty cool and nice seeing a Canadian winning these matches.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:31 PM   #1507
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
what gets me so upset is, as i've said before this gets her closer to the top 100 and she's just not top 100 material the fact that she hasnt even cracked 20 main tour wins in her career and yet she's been on for how long? says that for itself

even as a canadian i'd be upset if she finished the year top 100

with that said it looks as though canadians aill go 4-1 in round 1 with the only loser being wozniak who went down in straights to barbora zahlavova strycova.That was probably expected anyway since aleks has never beaten her before
Lots of players make the top 100 with less than 20 MD wins. They are AAAA players in baseball for example, its not that rare. On the ATP, check out Warner Eschauer for example.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:40 PM   #1508
country flag misty1
Banned!

true, but that doesnt mean its a good thing
Old 06-21-2011, 03:03 PM   #1509
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
true, but that doesnt mean its a good thing
If they work hard and can be consistently successful at the challenger level in an age where the odds are stacked against challenger players, I think that shows that they are a good player and the ranking is deserved.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:51 PM   #1510
country flag misty1
Banned!

she is where she belongs, she's a solid challenger player but you throw her against most of the top 100 or at least any consistent top 100 player and she'll lose

until she improves things she is exactly where she should be, around the 130 range
Old 06-21-2011, 09:04 PM   #1511
country flag Ravel

Raonic and Marino matches will be on tsn.ca tomorrow if anyone wants to watch
Old 06-21-2011, 10:04 PM   #1512
country flag ESimp

ESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond repute

PLD wins 6-3 6-3 in first round of the Guadalajara Challenger!

Good result and expected result vs Gonzales!
ESimp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:45 PM   #1513
country flag letshavefun3

letshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESimp View Post
PLD wins 6-3 6-3 in first round of the Guadalajara Challenger!

Good result and expected result vs Gonzales!
Duclos was a LL so great job to take advantage of the second chance!
letshavefun3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:33 PM   #1514
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

I think Steph proved she deserved that LL spot in her match against Petkovic, played unbelievable, if she hasn't mentality left for 3 games in that 3rd set I believe shed woulda won, played a better overall match than petkovic did

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:55 PM   #1515
country flag misty1
Banned!

she suprised me for sure, i was expecting a straight forward win for petko

but she needs to play like that more than once in a while and if she could i could change my mind about her