Tennis Tipping #4c - Reunion Island - Friday OOP posted..send picks by 9:00 am CET - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #136
country flag stealthisnick

stealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping #4c - Reunion Island - send Monday picks by 8 am CET

a reasonable choice would be not to use qualy matches between 40yo guys

Tennis Tipping Doubles
W: San Marino CH 07 (with Salum) , Tampere CH 08 (with Overlord) , Samarkand CH 08 (with Kielian) , Seville CH 08 (with Filipo) , St Brieuc CH 09 (with stbanchile) ,
Ostrava CH 09 (with ghan) , San Marino CH 09 (with lukela85) , Lyon 09 (with Overlord) , Yokohama CH 09 (with Boarder35m) , Sunrise CH 10 (with Boarder35m),
St. Petersburg 10 (with Overlord), Johannesburg 11 (with Gallina)
stealthisnick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2011, 04:23 PM   #137
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthisnick View Post
those are qualy matches, the main draw starts on tuesday
TT main draw should start on tuesday as well
This is a quote from the FAQ/guide thread:-

"Should the Monday qualifying matches count for doubles?

The manager should let players know whether they want to count the qualifying matches for doubles or not. If it's not specified, the matches will be counted."

This is one of the few occasions where a manager has discretion. Abollo has chosen to count these matches, I would have done the same. Many managers would not, it's a free choice.

Please support the new manager.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:25 PM   #138
country flag illepingis

illepingis has a reputation beyond reputeillepingis has a reputation beyond reputeillepingis has a reputation beyond reputeillepingis has a reputation beyond reputeillepingis has a reputation beyond reputeillepingis has a reputation beyond reputeillepingis has a reputation beyond reputeillepingis has a reputation beyond reputeillepingis has a reputation beyond reputeillepingis has a reputation beyond reputeillepingis has a reputation beyond repute

can i still play here if i qualified for doubles in aus open but lost in 1 round

Tomas and Jonas we miss you

Serve and volley

http://www.vamosrafa.se/
Tennis tipping

Ranking 221
Good results Singles : W Sao Paulo Ch 2011 SF Vancouver Ch 2009
Doubles: Qf Vancouver 2009
illepingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:35 PM   #139
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by illepingis View Post
can i still play here if i qualified for doubles in aus open but lost in 1 round
You could have done, but the entry lists are closed. If you have not committed anywhere else for week 4 you can commit here and send picks as an Alternate.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:38 PM   #140
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenoldie View Post
You could have done, but the entry lists are closed. If you have not committed anywhere else for week 4 you can commit here and send picks as an Alternate.
He's in the main draw.

As for picking these qualifying matches, maybe later in the week we can pick the local club matches that are going on on adjacent courts also!!
Old 01-23-2011, 04:44 PM   #141

stealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond reputestealthisnick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is a quote from the FAQ/guide thread:-

"Should the Monday qualifying matches count for doubles?

The manager should let players know whether they want to count the qualifying matches for doubles or not. If it's not specified, the matches will be counted."

This is one of the few occasions where a manager has discretion. Abollo has chosen to count these matches, I would have done the same. Many managers would not, it's a free choice.

Please support the new manager.
I know that rule perfectly, since I've been playing this game for three years and an half and mostly challengers
it makes no sense to use matches whose result is unpredictable between unknown players, since there is no need
qualies have been used generally only when there is lack of matches to tip on and this is not the case

he is doing a good job in managing up to now
but I think this is a bad choice

Tennis Tipping Doubles
W: San Marino CH 07 (with Salum) , Tampere CH 08 (with Overlord) , Samarkand CH 08 (with Kielian) , Seville CH 08 (with Filipo) , St Brieuc CH 09 (with stbanchile) ,
Ostrava CH 09 (with ghan) , San Marino CH 09 (with lukela85) , Lyon 09 (with Overlord) , Yokohama CH 09 (with Boarder35m) , Sunrise CH 10 (with Boarder35m),
Old 01-23-2011, 04:53 PM   #142
country flag Goldenoldie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
He's in the main draw.

As for picking these qualifying matches, maybe later in the week we can pick the local club matches that are going on on adjacent courts also!!
He is out of the main draw so entitled to enter here.

We have just had our first Futures tournament, so we are going down the pyramid, perhaps local club matches will be next.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:57 PM   #143

Quote:
he is already in the main draw of THIS tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by illepingis View Post
if you are already out of AO, singles and doubles, you can play here

Tennis Tipping Doubles
Old 01-23-2011, 04:58 PM   #144
country flag Goldenoldie

Quote:
I know that rule perfectly, since I've been playing this game for three years and an half and mostly challengers
it makes no sense to use matches whose result is unpredictable between unknown players, since there is no need
qualies have been used generally only when there is lack of matches to tip on and this is not the case

I don't see why players in the main draw should be exempt from picking qualy matches, while players in the qualy draw have to pick them week after week. Also the first and second rounds are surely more difficult than the final qualy round.

It's the manager's choice - you think it's a bad one, I think it's a good one - no more to be said I think.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:01 PM   #145
country flag Goldenoldie

Quote:
he is already in the main draw of THIS tournament
ok, I missed that
Old 01-23-2011, 05:02 PM   #146
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I forgot for a moment that i wasn't playing here. i completely agree with you; having to pick matches between unranked 40 years old seems pretty absurd. saying that, i'm not playing here, so it doesn't bother me as much as it would if i were playing here
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:02 PM   #147
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

We have just had our first Futures tournament, so we are going down the pyramid, perhaps local club matches will be next.
He isn't out of this tournament, he plays me in the first round here so he is in fact in here.

Did the first round of the futures tournament include qualifying from the futures tournament?

Have you even seen the qualifying draw for this tournament? Of the 8 players only 3 have ever played ANY itf match before. We are picking based on which name sounds cooler, how is that a good choice, I'd love to hear your reasoning.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:07 PM   #148

Quote:
I don't see why players in the main draw should be exempt from picking qualy matches, while players in the qualy draw have to pick them week after week. Also the first and second rounds are surely more difficult than the final qualy round.

It's the manager's choice - you think it's a bad one, I think it's a good one - no more to be said I think.
because players in the main draw have better ranking or they committed in time
here there is no qualy final round, there is a single qualy round between eight 40yo players at their first itf\atp whatever game in their life
if you think that is a good choice than you are wrong

and I'm not complaining about the manager, I'm complaining about you
he is doing a great job, it is his first tournament and he can do small mistakes, no problem
but you are experienced and you should give him good advices

Tennis Tipping Doubles
Old 01-23-2011, 05:11 PM   #149
country flag Goldenoldie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
He isn't out of this tournament, he plays me in the first round here so he is in fact in here.

Did the first round of the futures tournament include qualifying from the futures tournament?

Have you even seen the qualifying draw for this tournament? Of the 8 players only 3 have ever played ANY itf match before. We are picking based on which name sounds cooler, how is that a good choice, I'd love to hear your reasoning.
1. I thought he was asking about a new entry. I didn't check that he was already in.

2. The first round of the Futures tournament may have included qualy matches, but the manager's computer crashed, so there was a gap between the end of qualifying and the start of the main draw.

3. I haven't looked at the draw here because I'm not playing here, but I am quite happy researching unknown players. I remember there were a lot of 15 year olds playing in Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:26 PM   #150
Snowwy

Quote:
1. I thought he was asking about a new entry. I didn't check that he was already in.

2. The first round of the Futures tournament may have included qualy matches, but the manager's computer crashed, so there was a gap between the end of qualifying and the start of the main draw.

3. I haven't looked at the draw here because I'm not playing here, but I am quite happy researching unknown players. I remember there were a lot of 15 year olds playing in Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan.
Sorry, I wasn't really referring to #1, that was fine.

In response to #3. Even the players in the first round of a GB future have information around about them. They are good players, they have played tennis before, most of them have attempted to qualify before and so on. So by the time you get to the last round, they not only have 3 matches from that tournament but other matches from before, they are generally ranked players.

The players here are 40 year olds that have no information, not on the ITF site, they have never played ANY qualifying matches before, not on the Great Britain National Rankings site. There is nothing. There is a HUGE difference between a futures qualifying draw in GB or USA and these eight players.