2011 Photo Thread - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-22-2011, 08:17 AM   #136
country flag KarlyM

KarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2011 Photo Thread

Nice bachelor pad!

The 2nd pic in this post is starting to make more sense now.
KarlyM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2011, 10:05 AM   #137
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by inez View Post
...Awww.....well, you have to remember that the magazine stylists would have spent probably about three hours preparing the place for the photoshoot - (you don't really think Marat makes his bed with hospital corners do you!!) and its clear if you compare the place as it is presented in these pics with what we can see of it in "real' life in the Pat Cash video (shoes by the door, clothes all over the chair....lol....) then I think it's clear he doesn't live in it looking like this!!...glad to see little Fenusya has control of the bed tho....I bet she bites his feet in the morning if he's late getting up to feed her.... ..as for the print - well, we now he likes David La Chappelle .. and that is definitely in his style if not actually by him...so he's consistent...although there was an advertisement for an alcoholic drink - I think it was Baileys or something like that, that used a very similar image....which is what sprang to my mind when I saw it hehehehe.......
well my main "pb" is the painting in his bedroom, not the too-clean-to-be-true look of the flat, ofc. I doubt stylists made him put this huge painting on his wall.

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/
luxsword is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:35 AM   #138
country flag takuma

takuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond repute

that photo/painting is indeed repulsive(a whorehouse aesthetics)...such vulgarity doesn't match the otherwise stylish and interesting interior imho
takuma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:03 PM   #139
country flag little_masha

little_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlyM View Post
The 2nd pic in this post is starting to make more sense now.
Yeah, I thought that too when I noticed the "Fear and loathing in Las Vegas" poster reflected in the mirror in the small photo with the training shoes and the armchair (same page as the big photo with his bed)

As regards the (now) infamous photo in the bedroom...it is tacky, of course, but he has some Helmut Newton albums on display in the living-room, so at least he's consistent with himself...Personally, I wouldn't put that on my wall, but I also don't find that that outrageous either! So, whorehouse or no whorehouse, it looks good with the chandelier, so give the guy a break...he's gonna have to take it down anyway, once he gets a lady bossing around in his life...

I like his bed and his cat, I don't quite get the photo/travel/artsy albums spread allover that house (they only seem to be outnumbered by the million candles he stores in; I personally believe that the candles & album thing must have been added by the photographs) and I love the fact that he sleeps on the left side of the bed (that's a good match, love! Call me!)

Monkey, once again thanks for work here; you truly keep this place going on, I'm sure everybody agrees.

PS: Is is just me, or does he actually does seem rather loaded from these photos?!
little_masha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #140
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

did you notice his bronze head on the mantelpiece ?

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/
luxsword is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #141
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxsword View Post

did you notice his bronze head on the mantelpiece ?
Yeah and it's wearing that fez from the 2009 Sabantui festival in Nizhnekamsk.
But what on earth is that hoof object on the living room table? a special ashtray for the jazz cigarettes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart9 View Post

does anyone know if he really plays the guitar or if it is just for decorative purposes?
Sorry, no idea but something tells me he may actually have an aptitude for music. I mean, hands like his are just made to play an instrument. And I reckon his musical tastes are much broader than he would have us believe, i.e. he listens to crap like Metallica and Halloween (apols 2 whoever) but then goes and puts John Lennon and Ronnie Wood etc. up on his wall.

Anyway, I can just picture Marat on the sofa of an evening, Fenusya curled up beside him and looking on dubiously, as he picks out the first few bars of "Stairway" ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryb View Post
His Fairy Godmother has made this request repeatedly ... and he is ignoring her. I will know my good work is done on this planet when he appears fully-kilted. I can then go back to my knitting.
I don't know, Mary, he's practically living in tartan these days, it might be down to your influence as his FG. Anyway, the AD cover is a good omen, I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_masha View Post

Monkey, once again thanks for work here; you truly keep this place going on, I'm sure everybody agrees.
No worries, masha, but you can be sure I'll stop posting here as soon as everybody else does.

Last edited by monkey247 : 01-22-2011 at 07:10 PM.
monkey247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:14 PM   #142
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

I know that bronze statue looks familiar (I remember he posed next to it). Was it a gift?

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Paire . Dimitrov . Thiem
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:22 PM   #143
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute

^ Yes, it's one of Yuri Beloyvan's sculptures which YB exhibited at Art Manege in 2008.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:36 PM   #144
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeytattoo View Post
Yes, it's a diminutive of Fenko I think. Fenya is another diminutive. (Russian speakers, have I got this right?)
I think cat's name is fenya not fenko
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:56 PM   #145
country flag Sileithel

Sileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, it's a diminutive of Fenko I think. Fenya is another diminutive. (Russian speakers, have I got this right?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
I think cat's name is fenya not fenko
I think -enka, -enko, -enya are all diminutive suffixes in Russian, but I'm not sure...maybe the Russian speakers can teach us this little bit about their beautiful language
Sileithel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:36 AM   #146
country flag inez

inez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond repute

Six degrees of separation........

....and as for the 'infamous' bedroom feature.....well, it's all falling into place....I thought I had seen that image somewhere else.....and sure enough......maybe Marat likes to roll his own?

http://ocbrollers.com/images/lick_it_up.png

Last edited by inez : 01-23-2011 at 06:11 AM.
inez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:51 AM   #147
country flag KarlyM

KarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond repute

^The painting was an ad for rolling papers...
Now the guitar is making sense, too.

BTW, I actually like the painting. It might be suggestive, but it's not nasty in any way. The colors are nice and matches the room - and it's fits the "bachelor pad" look. I'll say it again - VERY nice apartment!
KarlyM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:30 AM   #148
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileithel View Post
I think -enka, -enko, -enya are all diminutive suffixes in Russian, but I'm not sure...maybe the Russian speakers can teach us this little bit about their beautiful language
-ka is indeed diminutive suffix. Cat's name is Fenya and diminutives can be fen'ka, fenusya, fenechka.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:17 AM   #149
country flag monkey247

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post

Cat's name is Fenya and diminutives can be fen'ka, fenusya, fenechka.
Thanks.

Again, could a Russian speaker pls clarify these tweets from this morning? Is the tweeter at Sheremetyevo airport and did he just see Marat pass through? (Marat having been in New York?)

http://twitter.com/victorsamsonov/st...05229257510912
http://twitter.com/victorsamsonov/st...05405397307392

Quote:
Как все таки разнятся пассажиры разных рейсов. Пассажиры на Хельсинки через одного в толстых свитерах и угги.

about 1 hour ago via Nimbuzz Mobile
Quote:
о, только что Марат Сафин прошел. Видимо на Нью Йорк

about 1 hour ago via Nimbuzz Mobile
Old 01-23-2011, 10:52 AM   #150
country flag mer

Quote:
Is the tweeter at Sheremetyevo airport and did he just see Marat pass through?
that's correct.
Quote:
(Marat having been in New York?)
He assumed that Marat is flying to New York.