Wawrinka separates from wife - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-05-2011, 04:33 AM   #31
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wawrinka separates from wife

If this is true, then Stan has a shot at the douchebag of the year award

http://supersport.com/tennis/more/ne...ave_his_tennis

Quote:
Swiss Stanislas Wawrinka quit his new family less than a year after the birth of his daughter, with Swiss media reporting that the ATP number 21 left home for a hotel room in late September.

Since the dramatic walkout, the one-time No 8 won six of 10 matches to end 2010 and began 2011 this week with a first-round win in Chennai.

"I have separation from my wife Ilham Vuilloud. We want our role as parents (of daughter Alexia) to continue. We ask the press, our privacy be respected at this difficult time," the Wawrinka management said in a statement.

The 25-year-old married former television presenter Ilham in December, 2009, with their child born last February.

"Stan returned on September 20 after the Davis Cup in Kazakhstan and told me he had new priorities. He packed his bags and moved into a hotel," Wawrinka's wife told tabloid the Blick.

The marital split came only a few months after the player parted with his longtime coach and childhood friend Dimitri Zavialoff, hiring Swiss Peter Lundgren, former mentor to Roger Federer.

Media report that Wawrinka feels he has only five more years to make an impact in tennis and is cutting out family distractions. "There would have been another solution, if he had spoken to me about," Ilham told Blick.

The Wawrinka drama is a contrast to the relationships of his good friend and compatriot Federer, who has been with wife Mirka for 10 years with the pair happily travelling the world – albeit on an elite VIP level – with their twin daughters born in July 2008.

Wawrinka appears determined to keep a lid on his personal problems, tweeting: "I feel great and look forward to the season."

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2011, 04:50 AM   #32
country flag theMEESH

theMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond repute

UGH. Total douche.

"Media report that Wawrinka feels he has only five more years to make an impact in tennis and is cutting out family distractions. "There would have been another solution, if he had spoken to me about," Ilham told Blick."

Five years of an impact in tennis?! Nothing compared to a lifetime of impact in a child's life.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:03 AM   #33
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlyM View Post
I feel bad for little Alexia.
Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:32 AM   #34
country flag dabeast

dabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond repute

dunno what Wawrinka's playing at?? He's got his priorities all messed up... yeah top level tennis is a short timespan, time's always gonna run out, but this is his kid. Bringing up a kid, securing his childhood is always always going to take precedence over whatever else goes on in your life,Wawrinka needs to find that balance between successful career and parenthood, and this is coming from a student counsellor.
dabeast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:26 AM   #35
country flag theMEESH

theMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond repute

This gif is dedicated to Wawrinka.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:38 AM   #36
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Uhm, I'm sorry, but Fed managed to have a career AND a family. Why can't Stan have the same? Doesn't make any sense..

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:48 AM   #37
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

(from allezfederinka in LJ)

http://www.lematin.ch/actu/suisse/il...le-bebe-369029

Quote:
Ilham gave a phone interview to the Swiss newspaper Le Matin, yesterday. According to it, they have been separated since last September, on Stan's will. He said that he needed to concentrate entirely to his tennis career and that he only had 5 years left. Ilham says she had kept the news confidentiel bc she hoped he would change his opinion. She says she fell from high and that happily her family is supportive, but she's pretty affected and nobody saw it coming. She also says he was "unrecognizable".

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:50 AM   #38
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

Good thing tenniswise, I say Wawrinka back into top 10.
Ad Wim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:03 AM   #39
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Have to say I was stunned when the post came through on Twitter. Not long earlier he was just tweeting about how he was looking forward to his match... and then BAM bombshell

This is a private issue. I have no idea why he felt he had to declare it to the world via Twitter, the whole thing felt really strange and heartless.
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:19 AM   #40
country flag HNCS

HNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond repute

Very irresponsible.... to Alexia. Very Very. Less than one years old....

Richard Gasquet,David Nalbandian, James Blake,Marcos Baghdatis,Fabrice Santoro,Jonas Bjorkman,Mario Ancic,Mikhail Youzhny,Fernado Verdasco
HNCS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #41
country flag Geo

Geo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond repute

If Wawrinka's wife is telling the truth, then I can't believe anyone here would defend the guy! He sounds like a real asshole. If he was so committed to his tennis as he's saying then he would realize he needs to get himself into proper shape, and not allegedly walk out on his family. It's no secret his fitness has never been top notch

A lot of people forget how selfish and self-centered pro athletes are. Wawrinka's attitude has changed ever since he started working with Lundgren and those other goons in his player's box who shout loudly during his matches. I just feel sorry for his wife and child.
Geo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:30 AM   #42
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

All this twittering is ridiculous considering after the interview the Swiss paper asked him about the seperation and he answers:
Quote:
«C’est du domaine du privé. Je ne désire rien dire de plus.»
("This is private. I don't want to tell anymore about it.") Oh well...

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #43
country flag tennis2tennis

tennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond repute

in this sort of situation most people back the celeb but in this case most people are with ilham...what the fuck kinda of explanation is I'm giving up my family to concentrate on tennis it should be the other way round dickhead....fastforward 15 years and left Alexia read that explanation...my respect for Stan just nose dived
tennis2tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #44
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody will give a damn about that "story" within 2 weeks and Stan knows this... Storm in a teacup here
Old 01-05-2011, 01:34 PM   #45
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JM- View Post
Nobody will give a damn about that "story" within 2 weeks and Stan knows this... Storm in a teacup here
a little girl called Alexia will care very much even after 20 years.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote