Of the slams Fed failed to win, which chance do you think he blew the most? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which potential slam win did Fed blow the most do you feel?

2003 AO 0 0%
2003 USO 0 0%
2005 AO 14 8.54%
2005/2006 French Open 3 1.83%
2008 AO 4 2.44%
2009 AO 23 14.02%
2009 USO 108 65.85%
2010 French Open 0 0%
2010 US Open 12 7.32%
2001 Wimbledon 0 0%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #31
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Of the slams Fed failed to win, which chance do you think he blew the most?

2009 Australian Open. How he lost to Nadal, I don't know, but it was a disgusting defeat.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 17 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $32,454,018 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 460-146...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2011, 05:17 PM   #32
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Of the slams Fed failed to win, which chance do you think he blew the most?

Oz 09. He knew how badly he choked that one, hence the tears.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:28 PM   #33
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute

If you can't beat nadull after spending 5 hrs on a HC then you should cry imo,,,for your brainless tactics.

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:33 PM   #34
country flag 2003

2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
So? The fact he was always behind while playing much much better is just another reason.

Del Pony played well. Nadull won playing that same awful moonballing stuff he always does.
I know you have always had a very special place in your heart for that 2009 AO final, but your comments here are at odds with those you made in the match result thread for the 2009 USO final, in which I clearly remember you blowing steam about how Fed was so stupid for blowing a match he should have won in straights, certainly you were a far cry from suggesting Del Pot Smoke played "well" or that he was a great hard court player by any stretch.

As for the AO, yeah its partly true but Nadal also blasted some very memorable forehand and backhand winners in that match too.

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.

Proud member of the Anti Dull Alliance
2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:37 PM   #35
country flag 2003

2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute

For what its worth I think Nadal played a much higher level than Del Potro in the 2009 AO, even though Fed should have won both and secured the calander year grand slam.

Del Potro was pretty aweful, and even as the match wore on his stamina and first serve percentage dropped dramatically..it was just a gift from the gods, never ever going to be his day.

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:49 PM   #36
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvly1 View Post
that doesnt matter...roger is/was the second best clay courter hasnt helped him any more than anyone else. your skill set only matters when you bring it...he was a lot closer to bringing it in the USO than the AO
Closer he might have been but that has nothing to do with his chances before the match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Lee View Post
2009 Australian Open. How he lost to Nadal, I don't know, but it was a disgusting defeat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
Oz 09. He knew how badly he choked that one, hence the tears.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luie View Post
If you can't beat nadull after spending 5 hrs on a HC then you should cry imo,,,for your brainless tactics.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003 View Post
I know you have always had a very special place in your heart for that 2009 AO final, but your comments here are at odds with those you made in the match result thread for the 2009 USO final, in which I clearly remember you blowing steam about how Fed was so stupid for blowing a match he should have won in straights, certainly you were a far cry from suggesting Del Pot Smoke played "well" or that he was a great hard court player by any stretch.

As for the AO, yeah its partly true but Nadal also blasted some very memorable forehand and backhand winners in that match too.
Frauderer should've won the 2009 USO final, period. However, his AO defeat was much more pathetic.

Nadull is a moonballer. He can't hit an outright winner to save his life. Saying he's a species of "great player" is just one of the excuses the Fraudtard gloryhunter brigade created to give rise to Frauderer's mythification.

Del Pony doesn't have to be a great player to be better than Nadull on HC. Nobody does.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:16 PM   #37
country flag luvly1

luvly1 has a reputation beyond reputeluvly1 has a reputation beyond reputeluvly1 has a reputation beyond reputeluvly1 has a reputation beyond reputeluvly1 has a reputation beyond reputeluvly1 has a reputation beyond reputeluvly1 has a reputation beyond reputeluvly1 has a reputation beyond reputeluvly1 has a reputation beyond reputeluvly1 has a reputation beyond reputeluvly1 has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=GlennMirnyi;10642536]Closer he might have been but that has nothing to do with his chances before the match.QUOTE]

if he is the better hardcourt play then he has the same chance against both of them because in the end it is a predicted win...you dont more points for doing it in more or less sets...

believe me he was a bigger fav against del potro...he beat him 6-3 6-0 6-0 the last time they played a hardcourt slam, del potro had never beaten him, never played a slam final... just put the hate aside and be objective for like five seconds its not that hard
luvly1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:47 PM   #38
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=luvly1;10642662]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Closer he might have been but that has nothing to do with his chances before the match.QUOTE]

if he is the better hardcourt play then he has the same chance against both of them because in the end it is a predicted win...you dont more points for doing it in more or less sets...

believe me he was a bigger fav against del potro...he beat him 6-3 6-0 6-0 the last time they played a hardcourt slam, del potro had never beaten him, never played a slam final... just put the hate aside and be objective for like five seconds its not that hard

So if you're better than 3 players you're equally the favorite to beat all of them?

Not quite.

It's less vexing losing to Del Pony than to Nadull.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:57 PM   #39
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

1980 Wimby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
I didn't see the match but I hope Nadal's injury isn't too serious. Get well soon Rafa!
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #40
country flag Chartreuse

Chartreuse has a reputation beyond reputeChartreuse has a reputation beyond reputeChartreuse has a reputation beyond reputeChartreuse has a reputation beyond reputeChartreuse has a reputation beyond reputeChartreuse has a reputation beyond reputeChartreuse has a reputation beyond reputeChartreuse has a reputation beyond reputeChartreuse has a reputation beyond reputeChartreuse has a reputation beyond reputeChartreuse has a reputation beyond repute

2009 USO. I still can't believe he lost that final..
Chartreuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:47 PM   #41
country flag swisht4u

swisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond repute

When Fed lost to Del Potro at the USO. It seemed he wanted to win by out bashing Del Potro, he wanted to show he can win with any style he wanted, he was wrong.
All the different ways he could of used to win that match but he wanted to be the "macho man".
Fed was old enough to put those kind of things aside and do what it takes to win, but he gets stubborn that way.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXÈ

Federer

Del Potro

Gulbis

Janowicz
swisht4u is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:53 PM   #42
country flag coonster14

coonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond repute

USO 2009, Roger lost to a guy he was 6-0 against, never made a grand slam final before, Roger's serve really let him down that day, and his tactics were just , yep, just keep hitting topspin forehands right into Delpo's hitting zone on the forehand, but those sledgehammer forehands were awesome to watch.

I like Delpo, but seriously Roger should have won that match in 4 sets maximum, but then again, 'should have', 'could have', 'would have' are all meaningless, what's important is that Delpo was good enough to take advantage of the situation.

Also, add in AO 2005 (Why would you go for a tweener shot on match point? )

- AO 2009, everything was in his favour there, he had 3 days of rest after brushing aside Roddick in 3 sets, Rafa in comparison, only had 42 hours of rest (<2 days), he played an epic 5 setter 5 hour 14 minute marathon against Nando in the SF, Roger was never close to winning though as yet again, his BP comversion rate was abysmal in the final (remember the BP's he had in that 3rd set, he was just passive), as it usually is in his GS losses to Rafa.

- USO 2010 IMO should not have been included in the poll, Nole took away those match points in the SF with unbelievable courage, I didn't think that he had it in him, he hit 2 huge forehands to save them, there wasn't much that Roger could have done about that, Nole deserved to win that match.

Also supporting: Rusty, Pics, Nalby, Nando, Baggy, Kei, Isner, Blake, Kolya, Berdych, Richie, Soderling, Gil

Ana - Wozzy - Vika - Kimmy - Makiri

AGASSI,RAFTER,SAFIN

Last edited by coonster14 : 01-04-2011 at 10:12 PM.
coonster14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:59 AM   #43
country flag 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by coonster14 View Post
USO 2009, Roger lost to a guy he was 6-0 against, never made a grand slam final before, Roger's serve really let him down that day, and his tactics were just , yep, just keep hitting topspin forehands right into Delpo's hitting zone on the forehand, but those sledgehammer forehands were awesome to watch.

I like Delpo, but seriously Roger should have won that match in 4 sets maximum, but then again, 'should have', 'could have', 'would have' are all meaningless, what's important is that Delpo was good enough to take advantage of the situation.

Also, add in AO 2005 (Why would you go for a tweener shot on match point? )

- AO 2009, everything was in his favour there, he had 3 days of rest after brushing aside Roddick in 3 sets, Rafa in comparison, only had 42 hours of rest (<2 days), he played an epic 5 setter 5 hour 14 minute marathon against Nando in the SF, Roger was never close to winning though as yet again, his BP comversion rate was abysmal in the final (remember the BP's he had in that 3rd set, he was just passive), as it usually is in his GS losses to Rafa.

- USO 2010 IMO should not have been included in the poll, Nole took away those match points in the SF with unbelievable courage, I didn't think that he had it in him, he hit 2 huge forehands to save them, there wasn't much that Roger could have done about that, Nole deserved to win that match.
How do you think Roddick would have gone in the final against Nadal at 09 AO? Or say the semi if he got on Nadals side of the draw?

Old 06-21-2012, 09:10 AM   #44
country flag romismak

romismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond repute

Where is Wimbledon 2008 ? i can´t see in at poll...

2005 AO - he was dominant NO.1, had MP vs Safin, i think everyone here can´t see Hewitt to take more than set from Fed in final
2009 AO - he wasn´t able to use Rafa´s 5th setter match sooner vs Verdasco, he should have somehow beat him i think

2008 Wimbledon - FED was dominant whole tournament, i think never lost set and serving great than final started and FED in shankerer mode, he was mentally down from RG and it was 2-0 sets for Rafa sooner than Roger started to play ,,normal,, for that tournament standard, he won 2 tie-breaks but wasn´t enough, with better confidence vs Rafa he never would be down 2-0 on sets and i think he would win
2011 Wimbledon - Nobody is mentiong this one, because Roger lost in QF, but his level was good enough and most important fact he would play Nole-Nadal - neither of them is better on grass, i am sure he would beat Nole, he did at RG, so WImby should favour him even more and Rafa´s level whole event was average, he would have chances against him in F too.

USO- for sure 2009 USO- Delpo was good but FED was in lead whole time, he should have won it
2010-2011 USO - hard to tell about his chances vs Rafa in F, but the fact it is fast HC and Roger was pretty solid at both events, say he would be at least competitive in F and could have won maybe 1 of those USO´s

From RG in 2007 he had like million BP´s.... and his level was really high and of course 2011 - Rafa´s worst RG level probably in years, Roger leading in 1st set choke it away, serving like Karlovic whole tournament and really his best RG maybe, dropped only 1 set in his way to F to unbeaten Nole that year. I think this was maybe even bigger chance to beat Nadal than in 2007.
romismak is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #45
country flag JurajCrane

JurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond repute

AO 2005 - matchpoint vs. Safin - final would be one way traffic for Federer.

W 2008 - saved 2 MP against Rafa, but then rain arrived. Even though he had that breakpoint at 4-3* in the 5th.

AO 2009 - 3rd set was a key, lost in tiebreak. Nobody was giving Nadal a chance in that final, me neither.

US 2009 - Set and break up, 5-4 in the second, 30-0 on serve ... and then 2-1 lead and 4th set tiebreak.

These are not small things, he could have now 20 GS without eye-wink - because in every match from these was Federer in winning situation.

Dustin Brown - Nick Kyrgios - Norbert Gombos - Stanislas Wawrinka - Dominic Thiem
JurajCrane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote