The Next Point - New tennis site - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #61
country flag Jesmond10

Jesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Next Point - New tennis site

New post up on The Next Point, from Day Two at the Australian Open:

Photon-Drunk

It is all about Murray's win over Ryan Harrison.

Cheers.
Jesmond10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #62
country flag Jesmond10

Jesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond repute

Another post up on The Next Point, covering Day Three of the Australian Open:

Skewed Straight Sets

Please enjoy responsibly.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:17 PM   #63
country flag Jesmond10

Another post up on The Next Point, covering Day Four of the Australian Open:

No Reason To Panic

Cheers.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #64
country flag Jesmond10

A couple more posts up on The Next Point, covering Days Four and Five of the Australian Open:

Night Thoughts: Some stuff on Henri Leconte and Gael Monfils, as well as Roddick.

Slaying the Dragon: Federer's win over Karlovic

Cheers.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:05 AM   #65
country flag Jesmond10

A couple more posts up on The Next Point, covering Day Six of the Australian Open:

What Price Quality?: Rod Laver Arena was an expensive waste of time today.

A Question of Experience: Hewitt d. Raonic, and some thoughts for those who just say Raonic played badly.

Cheers.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #66
country flag Jesmond10

A couple more posts up on The Next Point, covering Days Seven and Eight of the Australian Open:

A Species of Insanity: Federer defeats Tomic.

Resistance is Useful: Djokovic takes out Hewitt, and a reflection on the first week.

Cheers.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #67
country flag Jesmond10

A couple more posts up on The Next Point, covering Day Nine of the Australian Open:

Gravitational Forces: Federer takes del Potro in straights.

Petrushka in Fist Pumps: Nadal and Berdych conduct a long, hot four setter.

Thanks for reading.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #68
country flag Jesmond10

Another post up on The Next Point, covering Day Eleven of the Australian Open:

A Question of Judgement: The semifinal between Nadal and Federer.

Thanks all.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #69
country flag Jesmond10

A couple more posts up on The Next Point, both covering the final of the Australian Open:

This is Tennis: My bleary-eyed reaction to the match itself.

A Matter of Time: A more measured consideration of just how meaningless time-based records are when these two play.

Thanks for reading.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #70
country flag Jesmond10

I'm pleased to announce the release of The Next Point Annual 2011.

Completely free to download, this volume includes just about all of my articles covering the 2011 season, starting from the Hopman Cup, and, fittingly, with Novak Djokovic.

There is a post about it here.

Cheers.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #71
country flag Jesmond10

Hi Everyone,

Another week's worth of posts up on The Next Point, covering, among other things, the first Davis Cup weekend of 2012:

Jelly Bean Platters: Looking at the finals of Montpellier and Zagreb.

The Outward Display of Prestige
: Musings on Djokovic winning the Laureus.

Remembering Gonzo: A kind of farewell to Fernando Gonzalez.

Tactics and Execution: Day One of Davis Cup. Where the Swiss went wrong, where the Americans went right.

That Hackneyed Show-Tune: In praise of Ivo Karlovic.

Hope you enjoy it, and thanks for reading.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:28 AM   #72
country flag Jesmond10

Hi Everyone,

Another week's worth of posts up on The Next Point, covering San Jose, Sao Paulo and Rotterdam:

Empty Bleachers: Three concurrent tournaments, off to slow starts.

Worst-of-Three: Verdasco wins a terrible match against Marti. Caveat: please avoid if you're an easily-offended Verdasco fan. Otherwise, take it with a large pinch of salt.

A Fine Week in Holland: On Davydenko.

The Twilight of the Ponies: JMDP's personal Rotterdammerung.

Thanks for reading.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:56 AM   #73
country flag Jesmond10

Hi,

Another week's worth of posts up on The Next Point, covering Memphis, Buenos Aires and Marseilles:

The Wrong Place: Three more concurrent tournaments, with the wrong people turning up at each of them.

Pinecones in a Brushfire: Seeds tumble and burn.

The Nowhere Men: Great matches in February are always forgotten, as forgotten as fast-court tennis and one-handed backhands.

Forcibly Disarming: Melzer takes Memphis. Memphis takes the cake, which is then shipped to Graceland and deep fried.

Thanks for reading.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #74
country flag Jesmond10

Hi,

Another bunch of posts up on The Next Point, all covering Indian Wells:

Luck of the Draw: Indian Wells 2012: Just what it sounds like.

Luck of the Doubles Draw: Indian Wells 2012: Also what it sounds like.

The Unwatchables: Mandatory whine about the lack of early round coverage.

Battle-Hardened and Flak-Happy: Tennis returns to the screen. Andy Murray celebrates with his usual second round loss.

Untoward Scatology: Shit and Vomit are the themes of the week so far.

Forehand Compliments – A Ramble: On Djokovic.

The Usual Rules of Taste or Sanity: Quarterfinals. Federer, shockingly, beats del Potro. Nalbandian cannot get it done against Nadal.

It Was An Ace, It Was Victory: Two utterly different semifinals end with the same shot.

A Flash of Light: Federer. Title No.73.

Thanks for reading.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:41 PM   #75
country flag Jesmond10

Hi,

Another bunch of posts up on The Next Point, all covering Key Biscayne:

The Unwatchables (Part Two): Another minor rant about there being no coverage, especially in light of Gonzalez' last match.

Forced Perspective: Second round shenanigans.

When Only Gods Remain: Most of the seeds survived the early rounds, and now turn on each other.

A Sudden, Fey Glint: Roddick defeats Federer. Nothing will ever be the same. Except that it is.

The Tipsarevic: The first quarterfinal.

Drama or Quality: Apparently we can have one, or the other.

Too Much Luck: A final without drama or quality...

Thanks for reading.