The Next Point - New tennis site - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-16-2011, 02:35 PM   #46
country flag TennisViewer531
Banned!

TennisViewer531 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisViewer531 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisViewer531 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisViewer531 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisViewer531 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisViewer531 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisViewer531 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisViewer531 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisViewer531 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisViewer531 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisViewer531 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Next Point - New tennis site

You have a great blog Jesmond! Keep up the good work!

I have a blog of my own but for now it's mostly in a news format. [Tennis Guru]
TennisViewer531 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2011, 10:59 AM   #47
country flag Jesmond10

Jesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone,

Another week's worth of posts up on The Next Point, all covering the underwhelming Cincinnati Masters:

Raging Impotence: Early round action, including Roddick's meltdown, and many others.

Bad Scene: Ineptidue abounds.

The Heart of Rage: Musings on Seneca, and the absurdity of expecting anything from Gael Monfils. That way lies madness.

Victory Without Triumph: A hollow victory for Andy Murray, a buggered shoulder for Novak Djokovic, and lingering questions for the rest of us.

Hope you enjoy it, and thanks for reading.
Jesmond10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:49 PM   #48
country flag Jesmond10

Jesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone,

Another week's worth of posts up on The Next Point, all covering the first week of the US Open:

The Merely Talented: Dimitrov's loss to Monfils.

Subtle Iterations: The Gulbis resurgence, before it stopped surging, and Golubev's gobsmacking choke against Nadal.

A Comprehensive Threshing: Musings on the various means via which wheat and chaff have been separated. Followed by Ferrero's victory over Monfils.

Scintillating and Spiritless: Murray and Haase don't perform at their best, but produce a typically engaging muddle.

Casualties: The US Open 2011 gets set to smash the retirement record.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:54 PM   #49
country flag Tom Hutchinson

Tom Hutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeTom Hutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeTom Hutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeTom Hutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeTom Hutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeTom Hutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeTom Hutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeTom Hutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeTom Hutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeTom Hutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeTom Hutchinson has a reputation beyond repute

Really great site lots of great articles!
Tom Hutchinson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:19 AM   #50
country flag Jesmond10

Default Re: The Next Point

Hi Everyone,

Another week's worth of posts up on The Next Point, all covering the final week of the US Open, including the Monday final:

Historical Precedent: Federer demolishes Monaco (the player not the principality), and Fish and Tsonga produce the expected epic.

Rambling…: A rainy day post for some rainy days.

Cynical Voices: Roddick beats Ferrer, and Tipsarevic decides a quarterfinal is good enough.

Divertimento: A deep breath before the semifinals, looking back, looking forwards.

Favouring The Brave: The US Open semifinals. The match, the forehand return, the legend. Also Murray stinking up the joint.

Wholly Sam Stosur: A rare foray into women's tennis, simply because Stosur's victory over Willaims was too stirring to ignore.

Never In Doubt: Nadal leaves it all on the court, takes a set and seven games. Djokovic should somehow be ranked higher than No.1.

The Right of Might: Is Super Saturday history? Should 'precautionary' retirements be subject to the lack of best effort rule?

Hope you enjoy it, and thanks for reading, and thanks to all who've made comments.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:02 AM   #51
country flag Jesmond10

Hi Everyone,

Another week's worth of posts up on The Next Point, all covering the World Tour Finals:

Luck of the Draw: World Tour Finals 2011: A preview of the year's final event, in which I make several bold prediction that fail to come about.

Less Dramatic Than It Sounds: A look back at the 9 Masters Events this season.

Indecipherable Patterns: What can we meaningfully say about Federer beating Tsonga again? Mainly that Tsonga needs to play better. Also a low-grade encounter between Nadal and Fish.

Doings, Transpiring: Federer thrashes Nadal, Murray's season ends.

I Could Be Wrong: David Ferrer proves that none of us know as much about tennis as we think we do. Djokovic looks spent.

Moving Parts: Fish and Federer play an exhibition. Tsonga sends Nadal to Seville early.

An Earnest Discussion: Djokovic's greatest season ends early, eventually. Berdych steals the win in Groub A, and Tipsarevic ends his year on a high.

As The Gods Intended: The semifinals showcase the glory of all-court tennis, and for that I give thanks.

Astonishing Numbers: Federer takes his sixth tour finals title, but not easily. Good signs for Tsonga.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:49 PM   #52
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the great work. Particularly liked this from your latest entry, thought it was spot on.

Quote:
Federer is well-loved for the way he makes the impossible look easy, but Tsonga inspires affection for the way he makes the brilliant look fun.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:28 PM   #53
country flag Jesmond10

Thanks very much for reading!
Old 12-07-2011, 06:32 PM   #54
country flag Tchovs

Tchovs has a reputation beyond reputeTchovs has a reputation beyond reputeTchovs has a reputation beyond reputeTchovs has a reputation beyond reputeTchovs has a reputation beyond reputeTchovs has a reputation beyond reputeTchovs has a reputation beyond reputeTchovs has a reputation beyond reputeTchovs has a reputation beyond reputeTchovs has a reputation beyond reputeTchovs has a reputation beyond repute

I discovered your awesome, smart, witty, elegant, suave yet cool blog only today (duh indeed!) - read all the entries. It took me the day - a perfectly well spent time! THANK YOU!

Here is a little something for you - to express my gratitude :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ4uSqunRi8

warm regards
Tchovs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:50 PM   #55
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

loved the piece on the F word
Old 12-10-2011, 02:18 AM   #56
country flag Jesmond10

Hey thanks for all the great comments, guys. It really means a lot.

And thanks for the Richter / Chopin link! How did you guess he was my favourite pianist? My dog is actually called Richter.

I have a piece up on the best matches of 2011. It's always subjective, and I've already come up with half a dozen others that deserved a mention, but the piece can only be so long:

The Match of the Year 2011
Old 12-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #57
country flag Tchovs

Tchovs has a reputation beyond reputeTchovs has a reputation beyond reputeTchovs has a reputation beyond reputeTchovs has a reputation beyond reputeTchovs has a reputation beyond reputeTchovs has a reputation beyond reputeTchovs has a reputation beyond reputeTchovs has a reputation beyond reputeTchovs has a reputation beyond reputeTchovs has a reputation beyond reputeTchovs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesmond10 View Post
Hey thanks for all the great comments, guys. It really means a lot.

And thanks for the Richter / Chopin link! How did you guess he was my favourite pianist? My dog is actually called Richter.

I have a piece up on the best matches of 2011. It's always subjective, and I've already come up with half a dozen others that deserved a mention, but the piece can only be so long:

The Match of the Year 2011

to Richter-the-dog!
Tchovs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #58
country flag Jesmond10

Hi Everyone,

Another week's worth of posts up on The Next Point, all covering the first week of the season:

Stern, Assured and Aromatic: A stern Tomic watches on as Benneteau obligingly folds, while Baghdatis departs from the script by beating Harrison. Meanwhile, Davydenko's decline is symbolised in Doha.

Good Clean Fun: Musings on the Hopman Cup so far.

Bold Predictions: Brisbane Quarterfinals. Tomic has toned his wild ambitions, but not quite to sane levels. Channel 7's tennis coverage remains crap.

Miniature Disco Balls: A wrap-up of the Hopman Cup, particularly the Fish-Dimitrov kerfuffle, and the final.

Acts of Heroism, Acts of Mercy: The finals of Chennai, Brisbane and Doha, in that order.

Also, Richter-the-dog says hi.

Last edited by Jesmond10 : 01-10-2012 at 02:18 AM.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:49 AM   #59
country flag Jesmond10

Hi Everyone,

Another week's worth of posts up on The Next Point, all covering the week before the Australian Open:

The Elementalists: Day 1 of Australian Open Qualifying. Some tennis, lots of weather.

Total Saturation: Day Two of Qualifying.

Luck of the Draw: Australian Open 2012: A look at the main draw.

Sizeable Hurdles: Summaries from Kooyong and Auckland.

I'll be at the Australian Open next week, prowling the grounds. Look for daily updates.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #60
country flag Jesmond10

Hi all,

New post is up on the first day's play at Melbourne Park, a cruelly hot day that many players celebrated by going five sets. At least the winners can console themselves that tomorrow will be even warmer.

Sometimes The Moment Gets You

Hope you enjoy it.