The Next Point - New tennis site - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #31
country flag Jesmond10

Jesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Next Point - New tennis site

Hi Everyone,

Another week's worth of posts up on The Next Point, mostly covering the second week at Miami:

A Real Mouth Opener, featuring Dolgopolov v Tsonga, and Youzhny losing to Rochus. Some eye-watering action.

Vintage Stuff: Federer smashing Rochus in the wee small tiny hours, as well as a bunch of other matches, featuring Mayer, Berdych, Tipsarevic, Simon, Fish and del Potro.

Game Over: Nadal and the Machine, in which my general antipathy for Tomas Berdych can no longer be contained. Also some stuff about Simon's retirement in the quarterfinal.

Aura of Invincibility, covering the Miami semifinals.

A Mind Free From Doubt, covering the Miami final.

Hope you enjoy it, and thanks for reading.
Jesmond10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2011, 12:59 PM   #32
country flag Jesmond10

Jesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone,

Another week's worth of posts up on The Next Point, mostly covering the lull after the Miami Masters, and including a look back at the hardcourt season:

Hardcourt Retrospective (Part 1), the first part looking at the players who featured most in the hardcourt season just ended.

Hardcourt Retrospective (Part 2): The second part.

Back and Forth, looking at quarterfinal action from Houston.

The Sin Of Pride, covering the Houston final, and some early round action in Monte Carlo.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:47 PM   #33
country flag Jesmond10

Default Re: The Next Point

Hi Everyone,

Another week's worth of posts up on The Next Point, covering the final week of the Monte Carlo Masters:

Bandchariots and Backstops, featuring an extended metaphor on Raonic, Gulbis and bandwagons, and in which I express my continuing bafflement at French player's aversion to the baseline. I also have a go at Verdasco, because it's hard not to.

Humble Pie: More Verdasco, but this time relevant, and then some stuff about Almagro, for whom I predcit big things, only to have him lose easily in the next round.

What About Me?, looking at Melzer's defeat of Federer in the quarterfinals.

A Very Difficult Opponent, featuring the semifinal between Nadal and Murray, which ended up being one of the few decent matches in the entire tournament. The prevailing vibe is that it's good to see Murray play well again.

There isn't anything on the final, which was pretty dull, and demonstrated nothing we didn't already know. I'll have some reflections on the tournament as a whole up soon.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:40 AM   #34
country flag Jesmond10

Hi Everyone,

Another week's worth of posts up on The Next Point, covering Blegrade, Estoril and Munich:

Fated To Be, featuring Marcos Baghdatis, and his loss to Dimitrov.

No Quarters Given: this time looking at Dimitrov, and his honorable loss to Mayer.

Weeks Like This, a summary of semifinal action from all three tournaments.

A Confluence of Cock-Ups, featuring del Potro and Davydenko, two players who for whatever reason remain entwined in my mind. There isn't anything on Djokovic winning Belgrade, because there's really nothing to say.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:51 PM   #35
country flag Jesmond10

Hi Everyone,

Another week's worth of posts up on The Next Point, covering the Madrid Masters:

Fiasco, covering the first round adventures of last week's finalists.

Just Because It All Looks Smooth: looking at Xavier Malisse, in light of Federer's blunt assessment.

Atmospherics: covering the semifinals, and taking issue with the constant recourse to Madrid's altitude, as though the world No.1 and reigning Wimbledon and US Open champion should be relegated to underdog status just because the Spanish capital isn't at sea level. Seriously.

'Red Hardcourt!': looking at the final, in which Djokovic overcame Nadal for the first time in weeks.

Old 05-19-2011, 05:44 AM   #36
country flag Jesmond10

Hi Everyone,

Another week's worth of posts up on The Next Point, covering the excellent Rome Masters:

Roman Horror-day. If it feels like every week begins with a disastrous perfromance by Verdasco, well . . .

Important Points: some high quality matches, and one that wasn't.

In Praise of Ephemera: Andy Murray finally gives us something to cheer about, but still loses.

Running On Vapour: Novak Djokovic increasingly makes the writer's job harder, not to mention Nadal's.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:29 AM   #37
country flag Luinir

Luinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond repute

great blog
Old 05-20-2011, 08:37 AM   #38
country flag wee

wee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond repute

good work,great
Old 06-06-2011, 11:47 AM   #39
country flag Jesmond10

Hi Everyone,

Another week's worth of posts up on The Next Point, covering Roland Garros:

Epic. Gasquet defeating Bellucci. Issues with Spidercam.

The Fog Lifts: Fognini's astounding match against Montanes.

Vexing Questions: I get a root canal, and am made to suffer for my sins.

Yet Again . . . A look at the semifinalists, and their paths to the final four.

He Is The Man, No?: Federer, Djokovic and the match of the year, from the perspective of someone on no sleep.

Blooming Into Dominance: The French Open final.

Last edited by Jesmond10 : 06-06-2011 at 10:44 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:45 PM   #40
country flag Jesmond10

Hi Everyone,

Another week's worth of posts up on The Next Point, covering the week before Wimbledon:

Sod-Kissing: Covering the Queens final, with a focus on Tsonga.

Luck of the Draw: Wimbledon. Considerations of riggedness, and various sundry musings.

Eternal Bridesmaid: The Eastborne final, and the lengths Janko Tipsarevic will go to in order not to win a title.

A slow week, before a hectic few. Look for plenty of updates through Wimbledon.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:00 PM   #41
country flag Jesmond10

Hi Everyone,

Another few week's worth of posts up on The Next Point, covering Wimbledon:

Those Little Flags: Covering the early round adventures of Hewitt and Tomic, and the local broadcaster's determination to avoid any semblance of a fair and balanced coverage.

Expected Upsets: If an upset is not unexpected, is it still an upset?

The Paradox of Experience and Decline: Soderling and Hewitt conduct a five set classic.

The Future Thus Assured: Tomic beats Andreev, saves Australian tennis.

Varying Efficacy: Tomic beats Soderling, saves the ratings for Channel 7. Plenty of even better players do their thing, and so I take my chance to write about that.

Found Very Out: Quarterfinal preview for the draw's top half.

Those Fabled Mole People: And for the draw's bottom half.

Uncounted Little Points: Tsonga beats Federer in five, from two sets down. Astounding.

The More Things Stay The Same: A semifinal preview, and the ramifications of each man winning.

Definitive Moments: A semifinals recap.

No, And Never: The answer to the question of if and when Djokovic will falter.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:14 PM   #42
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic read mate, loving your work.

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:19 PM   #43
country flag Jesmond10

Thanks very much, appreciate it!
Old 08-01-2011, 10:49 PM   #44
country flag Jesmond10

Default Re: The Next Point

Hi Everyone,

Another few week's worth of posts up on The Next Point:

Great Matches You've Probably Never Heard Of #6: Looking at Lleyton Hewitt's time at No.1, and specifically the epic San Jose final of 2002.

This Mighty Quartet: Some numbers on why the top four are the Big Four.

Don't Bet On It: Early round going at Hamburg and Atlanta.

The Passing of an Era: Verdasco and his new do. Also some tennis in Hamburg.

A Final Mix Up: The Hamburg and Atlanta finals.

Here We Are: The US Open Series is under way, and Juan Martin del Potro's fans have no more excuses.

All Fun and Games: On bad tennis writing.

The Art of Understatement: On European trophies, Granollers, and an old Roddick ad.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:48 PM   #45
country flag Jesmond10

Hi Everyone,

Another week's worth of posts up on The Next Point, all covering the Montreal Masters:

Luck of the Draw: Montreal: It is what it looks like.

Deuced Flat: The Washington final snuck in there somehow.

The Big Flaw: The defending champion goes out.

Federer-like: Tsonga has Federer's number.

A Comforting Thought: In which I argue that Mardy Fish truly belongs in the top ten.

Resistance Is Futile: Novak Djokovic wins a final.