Andy's 2011 - If you fall, say you'll fall for Andy - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-27-2011, 12:20 PM   #91
country flag MurrayFan1

MurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy's 2011 Australian Summer

Here is my Ferrer-Murray preview... shameless self promo I know.

http://www.murraysworld.com/columns/article/17319/

READING FC

MurrayFan1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2011, 12:34 PM   #92
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi-M View Post
But you know those dumb assess in the press will be putting the pressure on Murray now. They are thick if they think Djokovic isnt the favorite for the title seeing as he's the only one in the final and he only one with a GS to his name.
See this is why I'm mad that Scotland wasn't able to win their independence from Great Britian. Why couldn't Andy be Irish? That way their long Slam drought would be GB's problem and there would be less pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
*shrug*

Well Andy will need to step up then and win comfortably - he's got the tools - if he doesn't, then it's really his own problem. If Djokovic can take down Federer in straight sets, Andy should be able to do the same to Pics. He's dropped 1 set this tournament and spent not much over 10 hours on court to this point, he should have it in the tank even if Pics extends him a bit.

Andy has to show what he's made of here, the stakes just got higher, he doesn't have the "lost to the GOAT" argument anymore if he makes the final and then doesn't perform.
Very true. He needs to go out there and act like he's been there before, because guess what? He has.

But just to be safe I'm looking up some African Voodoo rituals to use for tomorrow.

The side pieces
The Sweet but Dopey Argentine
The Bulgarian Headcase
That Douche from Australia

And when the daylight's fading we're gonna play in the dark til it's golden again
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:04 PM   #93
country flag Yazoo.C

Yazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic has been playing really well so even if Murray plays him for the first time in a Slam final (in fact their first GS match against each other ) I'm definitely not going to underestimate him.

First of all he has to get through Pics which will be tough.

And it is kind of unfair that both semis weren't on the same day but, hopefully he will still get a days rest.
Yazoo.C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:19 PM   #94
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Not going to get ahead of myself. Hope Andy plays great tomorrow and I'll brave the internet police again to follow the beeb livetext page at work. Although they might be on to me after my victory dance when Nole won today
Play well Andy

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #95
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Fox View Post
See this is why I'm mad that Scotland wasn't able to win their independence from Great Britian. Why couldn't Andy be Irish? That way their long Slam drought would be GB's problem and there would be less pressure.
It's coming And we've almost got enough players now for our own DC team
But Irish? No thanks, he's ours There's no pressure from us Scots, we just want him to do his best, we've no GS tradition to worry over, if Andy does it, he'll be our first.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:06 PM   #96
country flag Yazoo.C

Yazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond repute

I bet all the English people that hate him and say he is Scottish and not British will suddenly start saying oh he is British

Saying that there are a fair number of 'English' people that support him
Yazoo.C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:30 AM   #97
country flag hahayoyo

hahayoyo has a reputation beyond reputehahayoyo has a reputation beyond reputehahayoyo has a reputation beyond reputehahayoyo has a reputation beyond reputehahayoyo has a reputation beyond reputehahayoyo has a reputation beyond reputehahayoyo has a reputation beyond reputehahayoyo has a reputation beyond reputehahayoyo has a reputation beyond reputehahayoyo has a reputation beyond reputehahayoyo has a reputation beyond repute

C'mon...andy
hahayoyo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:48 AM   #98
country flag jadey

jadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond repute

Cmon Andy , this is your chance , lots of people are cheering you on !!
jadey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:13 AM   #99
country flag MsTree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazoo.C View Post
I bet all the English people that hate him and say he is Scottish and not British will suddenly start saying oh he is British

Saying that there are a fair number of 'English' people that support him
Well of course there are sensible tennis fans amongst the English too I supported Henman and I didn't feel nationality was a barrier to that

There are also numpties in every country but there's nothing I like better than an anti-Scottish clown to sharpen my claws on

I'm still a bit worried for today. Hope Andy's on his game!!! Enjoy the match everyone

Old 01-28-2011, 08:11 AM   #100
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Andy breaks for *4-3
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:49 AM   #101
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

And then loses 3 games to drop the set 6-4. And he was a break up in the second but lost it again.

I am not happy at all with this.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:13 AM   #102
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post

I am not happy at all with this.
Really why should you? He's had all the chances and he's been letting them slip away so far.

The side pieces
The Bulgarian Headcase

And when the daylight's fading we're gonna play in the dark til it's golden again
Old 01-28-2011, 09:44 AM   #103
country flag Jade Fox

And he finally takes a chance to win the set in a TB.

One down, two more to go.

The side pieces
The Bulgarian Headcase

Old 01-28-2011, 09:50 AM   #104
country flag enigma

enigma has a reputation beyond reputeenigma has a reputation beyond reputeenigma has a reputation beyond reputeenigma has a reputation beyond reputeenigma has a reputation beyond reputeenigma has a reputation beyond reputeenigma has a reputation beyond reputeenigma has a reputation beyond reputeenigma has a reputation beyond reputeenigma has a reputation beyond reputeenigma has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-28-2011, 11:31 AM   #105
country flag Jade Fox

Andy, I love you, but if you ever put me through anything like that again, I will kill you!

Now at least I can sit back and eat some popcorn for the final.

The side pieces
The Bulgarian Headcase