Andy's 2011 - If you fall, say you'll fall for Andy - Page 61 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #901
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy's 2011 - The Summer of (Muzza) Love

Andy was too good for the first set. Middle two sets were horrible, then the last one was a good fight. Could've been better, but not too bad. Semi-final for the 3rd year in a row

US Open is coming, good chance at a title there

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 6 semi-finals, 5 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 13 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $30,651,672 (6th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 435-135...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2011, 06:59 AM   #902
country flag Turquoise

Turquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond repute

Still feeling deflated at yet another missed opportunity. Oh, the trials and tribulations of being a Murray fan, but my faith in him remains. In F1 terms, he has the skill and equipment to stick himself on the front row of the grid, but race pace lets him down in the actual race to the finish line. Hope he doesn't fall into his famous slump before the US Open - just keep pushing and never give up.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #903
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Muzza doesn't usually slump after a Wimbledon loss. I don't expect this to be different. He'll be glad to be back on hardcourt. He has a couple of masters titles in him and perhaps a US Open title too.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:06 PM   #904
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't given up hope either. He does have it in him to win a slam, but if he never achieves it he'll still be the Andy Murray whose game I love to watch and who makes me laugh with his huffs on court

An interesting BBC article ~ Andy's "blog" http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/13999537.stm

Quote:
It hurts a lot to lose another Wimbledon semi-final but I can honestly say I still love the challenge of taking on some of the best tennis players ever.
You might think I'd never want to play Rafael Nadal again but I'm a better tennis player because I have to try to keep up with him and the other guys above me.
It obviously makes it harder to win the major titles but it's pushing me to play better tennis, although the margins are so small.
There certainly isn't a much tougher challenge than playing Rafa in a Grand Slam. It was the same again on Friday. We know each other's games very well and he didn't do anything especially different this time. I had chances, I just didn't take them.
When I've played Rafa at Slams in the past, there have been periods that I've struggled, or he's come back and gone breaks up and won sets against me.
Normally I've been better at playing a bit more patiently. That's been a big part of my game. This time I was a bit impatient once he started to come back.
When I made a few more mistakes, I needed to rein it in a little bit. I didn't do that. Rafa started playing better and made less mistakes as the match went on.
I don't really look at the stats too much afterwards because what is an unforced error or a mistake is open to question. Winners and aces are the only ones you can really look at seriously. The stats are quite inconsistent otherwise.
I was going for a lot of winners in the first set and was dictating most of the points for a lot of the match. I just started making more mistakes, while he got better and better.
He is an unbelievable player. If I'm going to compete with him and the top guys, I'm going to have to find that extra few per cent in all departments.
I know it's possible, just look at Novak Djokovic. I remember watching him lose in the semi-finals of Wimbledon last year against Tomas Berdych and then a tough match against Rafa in the US Open final. He's obviously improved a lot since then. That's something I need to look at and try to replicate.
I'm 24. Right now, this age is pretty much the time I'm going to be at my peak in terms of fitness and strength, so I need to sit down with my team and get the priorities sorted in terms of my game and my training.
I've been working recently with Darren Cahill from the Adidas player development programme but he wasn't around during Wimbledon because of other commitments. I haven't had that much time together with both him and Dani Vallverdu from my regular team.
I've got the Davis Cup tie against Luxembourg in Glasgow this week but then I'll have three or four weeks before the next tournament. I need to get ready for that with a good training block.
In the meantime, the Davis Cup is really important and a good way to get over the disappointment of Wimbledon.
I never really get the chance to play in Scotland, so it will be fun and good to see the other guys. I'll probably head up there in the next few days and start getting ready for it.
I always enjoy the grass-court season. It's been a good month and great playing in front of a home crowd. The support has been amazing. I just wish I could have ended it a bit better.
But it's up to me to come back stronger than ever - and I will.
Andy Murray was talking to Piers Newbery.

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:23 PM   #905
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Luxembourg better be scared. They won't get a set off Murray and then there's Ward to deal with and then Fleming and J.Murray.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:29 PM   #906
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Wish I could afford to go! Need to get new brakes on the car

Old 07-06-2011, 10:36 PM   #907
country flag Duncan
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Duncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond repute

Got tickets for Sunday so really hope that it's not a dead rubber either way by then.

Andy confirmed as far as i know to play doubles with Jamie on Saturday. Should be goo!
Duncan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:23 PM   #908
country flag MsTree

I might go Sunday too if I can get a ticket

Old 07-08-2011, 07:04 PM   #909
country flag MsTree

A triple bagel!!! He finished that match in less than an hour???

Old 07-08-2011, 07:18 PM   #910
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Andy's first ever triple bagel. Brilliant. Even if he was against an unranked and hugely inferior opponent, that is still a smashing score. Good stuff, Andy!

Old 07-08-2011, 09:52 PM   #911
country flag OddJob

OddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if he got bored during the triple bagel.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.
OddJob is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:31 AM   #912
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute

A triple bagel? That's the first time I've ever heard of any player having one. Awesome.
The Sweet but Dopey Argentine
The Bulgarian Headcase
That Douche from Australia

When you touch me I die
Just a little inside
I wonder if this could be love
This could be love
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:25 AM   #913
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

60 60 60 is always fun but against an unranked player who doesn't play professionally, it's not vastly surprising.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:30 PM   #914
country flag MsTree

He was good with Jamie in the doubles 7-5 6-2 6-0.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #915
country flag MsTree

Anyone watch his match today? He was quite teary at the end
ES ddn't show it live the useless feckers!