Andy's 2011 - If you fall, say you'll fall for Andy - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-18-2011, 06:56 PM   #31
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy's 2011 Australian Summer

So Marchenko up next. Come on!!!

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2011, 11:30 PM   #32
country flag Yazoo.C

Yazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond repute

Post Match Interview (18/01/11)

Quote:
Q. Do you get much out of that?

ANDY MURRAY: Well, yeah. I mean, I don't know exactly when he hurt himself. But, I mean, he was serving pretty well up until, you know, the end of the second set. And, yeah, I thought it was a pretty good match. I started well. Wasn't great at the end of the first set, then played better in the second.

But, uhm, yeah, I mean, obviously you'd rather finish the match off without your opponent being hurt. But, you know, it does happen quite a lot. So you just have to move on and get yourself ready for the next round.

Q. Does that affect your preparation for the next round in any way?

ANDY MURRAY: No, it was pretty close to the end. I mean, I think, you know, I don't know if it was maybe 4 2 in the third when he stopped. So, yeah, I mean, I don't think it will affect me too much in the next round.

Q. When he was going for it in the third set, he was firing everything. Did you think, At some point he's going to blow up or can he keep this going?

ANDY MURRAY: He's a very talented player. He hit some great shots. Yeah, obviously, you know, yeah, he just started throwing everything at me. He went for some huge shots. I just kind of had to weather the storm a little bit. I had some chances to go up a break in the third set, and again Love 30, didn't manage to break. So I was having chances.

I just had to hang in, make a lot of balls. It was high risk tennis. Managed to make a few mistakes before he stopped.

Q. Is that court a little tricky? You had that great match against Martin three or four years ago. Because it's so far away, is it sometimes difficult to get your concentration right?

ANDY MURRAY: It's actually one of the nicest courts to play on. When you hit the ball, like the echo, the noise it makes, you always feel like you're hitting the ball well. I practiced on it a couple of times before the start of the tournament. It's actually a really, really nice court to play on.

There is a lot of space around the court. There's a huge space between the people on the side and the crowd. Sometimes it takes a little bit of time to get your bearings.

But I like that court. It's a really nice court.

Q. What do you think of the weather conditions so far?

ANDY MURRAY: It's different, you know, to what we normally have here. Today was actually pretty cold. It changes the way the court plays a lot. He hits the ball very flat anyway. With the court not being particularly warm, it was coming through quite low, whereas I'm sure in the next round later on in the week when it gets warmer, the ball is going to be bouncing very, very high. Very different tennis.

Yeah, it's just conditions that, you know, you have to deal with. A lot of the slams, the conditions can vary from day to day. You just have to be ready for anything.

Q. Reassuring to get that first one always, isn't it, in a slam?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, like I said before the tournament, everyone always has slight doubts before the start. You know, you're always a bit nervous. But getting off to a good start, getting a break early in the match, does help a lot, which I managed to do. Yeah, nice to be through to the second round with no drama.

Q. First meeting with Marchenko. Can you give your thoughts on what he might pose in terms of problems?

ANDY MURRAY: I don't really know him that well. I saw him play a little bit when the Ukraine played Great Britain in Davis Cup. That was obviously quite a while ago. He's improved a lot since then.

Danni and my mom went to watch some of his match after I finished, so they will give me the tactics, things to look for. But, yeah, I don't know his game that well.

Q. (Question regarding getting pictures developed.)

ANDY MURRAY: I haven't actually seen them. I don't know if they were in the papers or not. I haven't seen them.

Q. Was it a million you helped to raise?

ANDY MURRAY: It was great. Yeah, there's many of those things that the players can do the better. Obviously, raised $2 million, it's a huge amount of money and I'm sure will help out a lot. So, yeah, I mean, I think all of the players enjoyed it. It was obviously for a good cause. The crowd I think loved it. TV enjoyed it, too. Yeah, the more of those things we can do, the better.

Q. Spoke to Jamie about his accident?

ANDY MURRAY: I haven't spoken to him about it. My mum told me about it when I woke up this morning. But, yeah, I haven't seen him yet today.

I think it actually happened in a doubles match here. I saw that on YouTube. I think Llodra hit a bird a few years ago. That doesn't happen that often.

Q. (No microphone.)

ANDY MURRAY: Not that I'm aware of. I'll ask him, but I hope not.
Yazoo.C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:35 PM   #33
country flag Igede

Igede has a reputation beyond reputeIgede has a reputation beyond reputeIgede has a reputation beyond reputeIgede has a reputation beyond reputeIgede has a reputation beyond reputeIgede has a reputation beyond reputeIgede has a reputation beyond reputeIgede has a reputation beyond reputeIgede has a reputation beyond reputeIgede has a reputation beyond reputeIgede has a reputation beyond repute

come on Murray!!!!
Igede is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:10 AM   #34
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently Andy is going to approach Wimbledon about organising some sort of charity event there like happens every year at the French and US Opens and has the last two years here in Australia.

Will be interesting to see if they can set something up, might be a bit tricky though, they tend to be possessive about their weekends and the usual issues with the neighbours etc.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:09 PM   #35
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Murray last match on MCA tomorrow so we can watch at a civilised hour.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:54 PM   #36
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Murray last match on MCA tomorrow so we can watch at a civilised hour.
Or brave the internet police and follow the livescore at work

Old 01-20-2011, 11:11 AM   #37
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Andy through 61 63 63 - overall a very good match from Andy.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:38 AM   #38
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute

Marchenko tried to fistpump his way to victory. Andy wasn't having any of it.

Good job old chap.(I'm feeling British today)

The side pieces
The Sweet but Dopey Argentine
The Bulgarian Headcase
That Douche from Australia

And when the daylight's fading we're gonna play in the dark til it's golden again
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:51 PM   #39
country flag MsTree

"Gaun yersel big man" might be more appropriate Jade

Looked like a strong performance from Andy from the 10 mins of highlights I've seen so far. Good stuff!

Old 01-21-2011, 10:22 PM   #40
country flag Yazoo.C

Yazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry not really sure which thread to post this in, so I'll just post here.

Quote:
Q. If you could sit here and ask any player any question, what would you ask?

CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Depends on the player. I know them so well. I could put some of them on the spot, but I wouldn't like to do that.

Q. What about Andy Murray?

CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Andy Murray? For sure I would not ask him if he thinks that he will win a Grand Slam this year, because I think he's got asked that question quite a few times.

Probably I'd ask him something I know he likes to play PlayStation, so I'd probably ask him a few questions about that. And about soccer, because I know he likes Arsenal. No?
Caro does know Andy quite well
Yazoo.C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:29 PM   #41
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Andy about 2am British time, I think.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:32 AM   #42
country flag MsTree

Nearly there! Thanks to the beeb for scheduling Point Break to finish just before his match starts
Love Keanu Reeves

Old 01-22-2011, 02:58 AM   #43
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

First set Murray 61

Tasty.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:38 AM   #44
country flag Andi-M

Andi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond repute

Andy looking very very good today

So very very proud to be a fan of Mr Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Double Grand slam champion. Olympic Gold Medalist. Holder of 9 Masters 1000 events # legend
Andi-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:08 AM   #45
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Well Andy ripped GGL a new one, to be blunt.

Not that the Spaniard did too much other than to bend over and assume the position - he was lousy.

Even if he hadn't been, Murray was playing very well, his form in R2 was good and here it was a step up again.

He needs it from now on, now the draw gets tougher - Baghdatis or Melzer in R4 is starting to get serious.

I'm hoping he proves my prediction of doom wrong at this event - this would be the sort of match I can see him lose.