Andy's 2011 - If you fall, say you'll fall for Andy - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-30-2011, 05:37 PM   #211
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy's 2011 Australian Summer

I hope he plays too. But if he doesn't, at least you'll have the lovely Gilles to watch

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2011, 08:56 PM   #212
country flag Andi-M

Andi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond repute

I just watched the presser, very different from reading it. He was wiping tears at one point, i sense major post - AO depression syndome part II.

I agree its really important he plays asap to prevent this from happening.

So very very proud to be a fan of Mr Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Double Grand slam champion. Olympic Gold Medalist. Holder of 9 Masters 1000 events # legend
Andi-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:18 PM   #213
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a link for it Rachel? I haven't seen it.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:29 PM   #214
country flag Andi-M

Andi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Les its on beeb website http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9381539.stm

So very very proud to be a fan of Mr Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Double Grand slam champion. Olympic Gold Medalist. Holder of 9 Masters 1000 events # legend
Andi-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:39 PM   #215
country flag Yazoo.C

Yazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond repute

Becker and Henman saying a few things (Andy should stay positive etc):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/9381465.stm
Yazoo.C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:59 AM   #216
country flag MsTree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi-M View Post
Thanks, wasn't expecting to find it on the beeb, I was looking on youtube!

I just feel really sorry for him. and goes to show even an accurate transcript doesn't convey the full story. Just want to give him a big hug!!!

Old 01-31-2011, 01:59 PM   #217

I feel badly for Andy But there are many, many, many Pro Players over the years that never even made it to a Grand Slam Final. He just needs to focus more and try to stay positive. The way Nole was playing in that Tournament I don't know if anyone could have defeated him!
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:31 PM   #218
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi-M View Post
Thanks for posting this. I didn't get to see the whole presser.

Yeah the words might be neutral but his body language gives him away.

Which is why I hope he plays Rotterdam.
The Sweet but Dopey Argentine
The Bulgarian Headcase
That Douche from Australia

When you touch me I die
Just a little inside
I wonder if this could be love
This could be love
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:49 PM   #219
country flag MsTree

It was on the BBC Radio Scotland news this morning that he'd said he was taking a fortnight off, perhaps even longer

But they've just said on Reporting Scotland that he's still entered in Rotterdam, and after that Dubai.

So who knows?

Old 01-31-2011, 06:37 PM   #220
country flag Yazoo.C

Yazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond repute

No idea what he intends to do. I just hope he gets over this loss quicker than last year
Old 01-31-2011, 07:03 PM   #221
country flag Yazoo.C

Got this from GM.

Quote:
Andy Murray craves 'normal life' after crushing Australian Open defeat
• Murray ponders break after Melbourne final flop
• 'I want to chill out, get away from the court'

Andy Murray says he wants "a normal life". When he reflects on that ambition, away from the clamour that attended a second crushing disappointment in the final of the Australian Open, he will know it is a forlorn wish.

What celebrities – reluctant or nakedly ambitious – struggle to understand is that they are not "normal"; otherwise they would not have to explain in the middle of the night where it went wrong and where it might be put right.

It went wrong in the Rod Laver Arena today, over two hours and 39 minutes, as Novak Djokovic won his second Melbourne title and second major 6-4, 6-2, 6-3. And where it might be put right, Murray says, is in time away from the pressures of tennis. "Normal life? Exactly. [That] is what I enjoy. Normal life ... not people bashing on your door at four in the morning."

The attentions of the sport's drug testers are among the minor inconveniences in his life compared with the nation's wish that he ease the lingering pain of 75 years and deliver a major title. It is doubtful if Murray has wondered how abnormal his life might have been had he won. While he said beforehand he would not go on to the court accompanied by the ghosts of previous failure or the expectations of others, that burden did bear down on him.

In the aftermath of defeat, a time when words often fail to convey real intentions, he said he might walk away from tennis for three months or he might feel like playing next week. "I was just saying that it depends on how I feel. I don't have to play until Indian Wells [10 March] and Miami [23 March]. If I am enjoying myself back home, then I won't start training again, because last year I went through the motions a bit and that is not the way to move forward. I want to spend time with my girlfriend, chill out and get away from the court."

This time last year he was trying to piece together his fractured relationship with Kim Sears. They had split but were soon reconciled. She did not come to Melbourne but they spoke every day on the phone – like normal people. "Tennis is a lot of fun, I am very lucky to be playing it but I enjoy the other parts of life as well. Right now I am disappointed. I've been away since the week after the tour finals. It's a long time. I'm looking forward to getting back to seeing friends, family, my dog, doing all the normal stuff I like doing. That's what I need to do – everyone would, if they had been away for so long.

"I am sure guys like [Roger] Federer, he's got family and stuff at home, he doesn't want to think about tennis."

Probably not. But tennis wants to think about Federer and Murray and all the others who a long time ago gave up those comforts that normality provides.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011...ustralian-open
Old 02-01-2011, 06:25 AM   #222
country flag MsTree

Hmmmm. Well I'm not surprised he's fed up, I'm sure he's thinking that if he'd picked footie over tennis then he'd be earning twice as much, no one would hear him swear during a match and if he was having a bad day he could always hide on the pitch or even not make the teamsheet. The match would still go ahead. And as far as I know the drug testers only test at matches, not come round your door at stupid o'clock in the morning. Is t really necessary for him to get tested at 4am??? Why don't they save that for folk who have been caught once already? Poor Andy

Old 02-01-2011, 07:27 AM   #223
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

I'm waiting for the withdrawn from Rotterdam announcement.

I suspect he'd rather slam his fingers in a car door than return to competition next week.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:26 PM   #224
country flag Yazoo.C

http://www.andymurray.com/#/home/news/andys-blog-3/

Andy's blog - sounds positive

Last edited by Yazoo.C : 02-01-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #225
country flag nalbyfan
Banned!

nalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Andy, I suppose those awful english tabloids (The Sun ) bash him like crazy....
Hope he'll pull out of Rotterdam and take a well deserved break before Dubai
nalbyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote