I have a new tennis blog. It is superb - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-08-2011, 10:53 PM   #91
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have a new tennis blog. It is superb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
Doubt there would be a company in Ireland capable of laying clay indoors. Probably too expensive and messy even if there was. Niland doesn't like clay anyway.
former irish pro scott barron's dad built riverview...simply because he could... even laid clay courts out the back... again, because he could... that's what it takes i guess... there is also 2 x green clay at fitz... outside of that, that have playable clay courts in tipperary that host the irish national claycourt championships and i've been threatening to go down one of these years...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2011, 03:05 PM   #92
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

It's slim pickings really. Sooner we tear up a fair whack of the aritificial grass courts around the country and set up a decent clay (or artificial clay) infrastructure the better.

In Mullingar wel have 4 artificial grass counts and 4 slow, high bouncing hardcourts. Of course most of the clowns there want to tear up the hardcourts and put down 4 more artificial grass ones because they're easier on geriatric joints.

With the new committee there now it wouldn't surprise me if it happens. They are just oblivious to what's best for developing juniors. Not that they'd care anyway
Old 03-11-2011, 03:07 PM   #93

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

a bit on indian wells non-coverage:

http://shanktennis.com/2011/03/11/in...rage-nonsense/
Old 03-14-2011, 11:53 PM   #94

Week 10 in tweets

http://shanktennis.com/2011/03/14/th...weets-week-10/
Old 03-22-2011, 01:31 AM   #95

Shankwatch Ireland week 11

http://shanktennis.com/2011/03/21/sh...eland-week-11/

Monday ranking report

http://shanktennis.com/2011/03/22/mo...port-21032011/

week in tweets will have to wait. I am tired and possibly clinging on to the last vestiges of yesterday's hangover
Old 03-28-2011, 11:38 PM   #96

new week in tweets

http://shanktennis.com/2011/03/28/th...-12-and-a-bit/

and shankwatch ireland

http://shanktennis.com/2011/03/28/sh...eland-week-12/
Old 04-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #97
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

hey man... why do you say 'USTA finally realising the benefits of clay? It's taken them long enough' on your twitter...? i missed something i think...

and... good thing the bitterness levels going up... nothing like raw, emotive commentary from gamblers... turns harshness level up a coupla notches... much better for the audience...

imho
Old 04-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #98

they're changing the orange bowl to clay.

few quotes from p-mac about benefits of clay to juniors here

http://www.tennisidentity.com/

i see sam barry has picked up some wins in thailand this week
Old 04-06-2011, 09:58 PM   #99
country flag fast_clay

thanks man...

the u.s. used to have a couple of tourneys a year on clay right now before the euro clay...

the most realistic answer to the problem u.s. tennis faces is to make a 6-7 week long u.s. challenger swing on clay - right now... green clay, red clay, dusn matter one bit cos the movement factor is the key, adapting the movement is easy... can send them of to french open quallies knowing they are gonna have a fair shout... not just a token shot at a tourney before grass...

but, more importantly, you just encourage a well rounded culture... aussies are doing a clay itf swing at the moment with the mens and ladies on the fast stuff i know and love... but, this strategic placing is pretty fresh if i'm not mistaken...

with barry, he is the one irish junior that i would have said it was downright tragic if he went to college instead of turning pro... he owned a big man's game years ago... tore apart milton which is always a pleasure to see..
Old 04-07-2011, 05:18 AM   #100
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Orange Bowl used to be on clay, do you think the legend Kent Carlsson would have won it on hardcourt.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:28 PM   #101

time to get active again

monday ranking report

http://shanktennis.com/2011/04/11/mo...port-11042011/
Old 04-18-2011, 08:39 PM   #102

new rank report. bad sign that last article was also a rank report though

http://shanktennis.com/2011/04/18/mo...port-18042011/
Old 04-19-2011, 08:55 PM   #103

Easy money with Pere Riba

http://shanktennis.com/2011/04/19/ea...ith-pere-riba/

Link to Irish radio interview (not by me) with legenda Pat Rafter

http://shanktennis.com/2011/04/19/i-...th-pat-rafter/
Old 04-19-2011, 09:30 PM   #104
country flag fast_clay

mate... you could well have outdone yourself here... just quietly...
Old 04-22-2011, 09:06 PM   #105
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
Easy money with Pere Riba

http://shanktennis.com/2011/04/19/ea...ith-pere-riba/

Link to Irish radio interview (not by me) with legenda Pat Rafter

http://shanktennis.com/2011/04/19/i-...th-pat-rafter/
Excellent post

You forgot to point out though that Riba playing hard court events in the US is excellent value for the spectators who enjoy comical tennis.
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote