I have a new tennis blog. It is superb - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-04-2011, 02:48 AM   #76
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have a new tennis blog. It is superb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
Just watched Tomic now. What a complete little shitbird he is.

Didn't look for any proper media work for the Ireland match if that's what you mean. I fucked my ankle playing footie so it was touch and go whther I'd make it at all. I can't drive but I managed to secure a lift so I'll be there. I'll be the scruffy curly haired fucker hopping around on crutches.

Yeah, Perotta seemed to be completely denying that racket technology had affected tennis in anyway.Putting changes down to "athleticism" he was classy after I argued with him though.. Said he was a fan of the blog.
oh right man... no dramas... i may be there late tomoro depending on the pace of the ties.... but deffo sat n sun... may don my irish hat n shirt combo... hopefully a bit louder there at riverview than sitting with the prawn sandwich eating brigade over at fitzwilliam... seriously have abused some stuffy old wankers over there for telling people to be quiet... 'wtf is this...? it's davis cup old mate... where do you think you are...?' amazing scenes...

yeah... was wondering if you'd heard about the tomic match in the media... dude ends up at a concert later on...

fully questionable...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2011, 02:51 AM   #77
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Great stuff as usual. Bonus points for the random pictures of Mandy Minella. Can't see enough of her.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:54 AM   #78
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

nah, saw nothing about Tomic at all. First I heard was the MTF thread. Hopefully write something on him myself tomorrow depending on what time I get home from Riverview.

Never made it to any DC matches in Fitzwilliam. Fucking cursed with them. Something always turning up to screw me. And it almost happened again with this ankle thing. Delighted I was able to get the lift.

Tie is sold out so atmosphere should be decent although given the location it could be prawny enough. Seriously plush spot the David Lloyd centre apparently.

and thanks smoke. She is a stunner alright. For this tie I would approve of Fed and Davis Cup taking place simultaneously
Old 03-04-2011, 03:00 AM   #79
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

yeah... it'll be a bit like that over there man but, i'm hoping not as ancient as fitz... i'll be the gooch wig under the hat and maybe go for the irish flag combo man... sad thing is that the fitz venue had refeshments down to a fine art with a little beer n food tent out the back... we'll see what the riverview crew churn out for the punters
Old 03-04-2011, 03:05 AM   #80

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

haha, I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Now that I'm definitely not driving beer sounds good. Best way to generate an atmosphere for sure. It should be free, nay, mandatory.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:09 AM   #81
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome that you got media accreditation btw
Old 03-07-2011, 12:12 AM   #82
country flag fast_clay

yeah man... muller ripped us up a new one... baggy-like spearhead... need sorenson to diffuse these one day wonders like bram
Old 03-07-2011, 12:18 AM   #83

did he beat Niland as easily as scoreline suggested?

was obvious all along doubles was gonna be key. few points here and there and failing to make first serves in the breakers.

I think Bram hitting an ace set point down at 5-6 in the doubles was THE key shot of the whole tie. he got broken there he might have crumbled but he just went from strength to strength after that.

need luke back alright. a trip to the desert in july might be fun though
Old 03-07-2011, 12:29 AM   #84
country flag fast_clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
did he beat Niland as easily as scoreline suggested?

was obvious all along doubles was gonna be key. few points here and there and failing to make first serves in the breakers.

I think Bram hitting an ace set point down at 5-6 in the doubles was THE key shot of the whole tie. he got broken there he might have crumbled but he just went from strength to strength after that.

need luke back alright. a trip to the desert in july might be fun though
are we away in tunisia...? i have been waiting for another decent road trip since cyprus...

yeah, got the last set in vs niland and niland was being a bit generous by all accounts with the odd double... was up 4-1 in the first which is worth noting...

fuck that bram guy though... luxembourg just pull some guy off the practice court down the local club and boom instant hero... eats dead dogs bollocks...
Old 03-07-2011, 12:41 AM   #85

Irish Times article says we're away in Tunisia but I just checked the media guide and it will be decided by lots.

Yeah, that Bram guy. Maybe he is a millionaire engineer that plays as a hobby or something
Old 03-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #86

The Week in Tweets is back with some all too easy Janko bashing

http://shanktennis.com/2011/03/07/th...tweets-week-9/
Old 03-07-2011, 10:42 PM   #87

Monday Ranking report (aka Davis Cup points suck)

http://shanktennis.com/2011/03/07/mo...p-points-suck/
Old 03-07-2011, 11:44 PM   #88
country flag ExcaliburII

ExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond repute

Why did you not play on slow slow clay?

ExcaliburII is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:27 AM   #89

Doubt there would be a company in Ireland capable of laying clay indoors. Probably too expensive and messy even if there was. Niland doesn't like clay anyway.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:48 PM   #90
country flag fast_clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcaliburII View Post
Why did you not play on slow slow clay?
it's a fair enough question mate...and i wish the governing body were at such a liberty to lay a surface on-call like that

in all truth, sadly, it would take a rich irishman with a lazy coupla mill to throw around for laughs to get stuff done like that...

to give you an idea of what it's like... for the billions that have been rorted through the banks here via the housing bubble that has crippled anyone wishing to do something, one can only sit and ponder on the wonderful things that may have been done for the irish population - not only through tennis - but also the countless other sports for which ireland show an equal talent compared to the rest of the worls - but receive a laughable financial backing in relation to various other, less worthy pursuits... shameful...

a world sport like tennis is not mainstream here... and, if the mainstream coverage were anything to go by then Ireland would be Euro/Africa Group 7 if it existed...

again, sadly... because ireland would be better than even money if GB arrived here without murray and we had sorenson...

sorry bout the novel, but that's how it is man...