I have a new tennis blog. It is superb - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-13-2011, 09:17 PM   #16
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have a new tennis blog. It is superb

yeah... the string one is intruguing... such a fine, fine art to measure what is actually happening at contact as such high velocity... and you'd have to nearly be sure that there is something else they arent seeing though... great topic for an applied physics student to spend a year on though...

i dont think it's wise to use nadal's forehand technique as a measurement, or even to base an argument... his lassoed left side forehand finish pretty much ensures there is gonna be higher rotation on a ball...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2011, 09:50 PM   #17
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

true. It was a bit disingenuous alright. I think they just used Rafa to "sell" the idea seeing as he is the player people most associate with massive topspin
Old 01-13-2011, 09:52 PM   #18
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

write about mannarino

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:53 PM   #19
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_clay View Post
great topic for an applied physics student to spend a year on though...
thank you Justin and, of course, Steve.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:47 AM   #20
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

just read the brisvegas tourney one there... it's true about how simple the site + youtube promo is... i watched a few of those highlight packages... sydney does them too... the tourney made supreme use of the technology and websites that have become commonplace in the life of many... not to mention that fact that the highlight packages i saw usually ran from somewhere between 2:30 to 3:00 mins - just about the length of a radio pop hit - user friendly, instantly accessible, no need to turn away at a 5:45 'epic', and just enough to have you buy a ticket for tomoro's order of play...

all so simple... just using a bit of commonsense...

great aussie engineering...

good article...
Old 01-14-2011, 03:57 AM   #21

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, it's not so long ago the tennis authorities were taking tennis clips off youtube for copyright violations. Glad they finally saw the the light.

Nathi, I lost a bet on Mannarino last night so it wouldn't be fair to write about him for a while.

Maybe before the match v Harrison. Looking forward to that one. Two players with unorthodox styles by modern standards
Old 01-14-2011, 12:32 PM   #22
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Loved what I have read so far, very entertaining but informative at the same time. The First title club 2011 is top notch. Also really liked the twitter pictures feature and your comments on it. Wasn't aware of the SI Memorable AO Moments either so that reading list was fabulously super.

Really enjoyed reading the articles, you keep it to the point.

Your twitter feed is not bad either:

"If Gulbis isn't fined for that performance then the ATP has no credibility whatsoever. He won THREE points in the 2nd set, 1 was a Simon df"

That's what I like about blogs like this; you try to be informative but at the same time put your own touch. This is not the BBC where you have to be PC and unbiased. Really good to see.

I'm out of compliments, but great Job Henry. (Steve, right?)
Old 01-14-2011, 04:42 PM   #23

Thanks a lot Nadine. Yes, Steve is correct.

Just started my day with a rant about the ATP and the Gulbis tank. Took about five minutes:

http://shanktennis.com/2011/01/14/ta...ility-deficit/
Old 01-17-2011, 07:23 PM   #24
country flag fast_clay

nice addition to the blog... no wonder the field sucked so much this year in sydney...

after the way murray came out of the blocks and cut thru the tourney in 2010 seems like the best preperation for the AO in these times in my opinion...
Old 01-18-2011, 12:33 AM   #25

was it just Hopman Cup that The Tradesman played last year?

He did something right anyway and he'll need to do the same this year if he wants to have a chance v Rafa in the semi-final. Tough, tough section he's in.

Two new posts today:

The Week in Tweets

http://shanktennis.com/2011/01/17/th...tweets-week-2/

and

Monday Ranking Report (need a new name for this but can't be arsed thinking of one)

http://shanktennis.com/2011/01/17/mo...port-17012011/
Old 01-18-2011, 01:40 AM   #26
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

"I’m sure you’ll be able to read more about them, and all the developments further down the rankings when the folks over at Challenger Tennis get their asses in gear and publish their weekly Ranking Watch."

---

You do all the info and research for us so we don't have to and compress it into one article. Great stuff, yet again.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:32 AM   #27
country flag fast_clay

huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Fats
Shank Rank Watch. Not to be confused with the Skank Rank system I use at my brothel franchise. Ok. The Fats work here is done.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:14 PM   #28
country flag fast_clay

i apologise for the old fella... i think he was bang out of order with that brothel quote...
Old 01-19-2011, 12:01 AM   #29

Tell him I thought it was genius
Old 01-19-2011, 01:52 PM   #30

Latest post is the weekly reading list

http://shanktennis.com/2011/01/18/th...list-18112011/