Mens Tennis Forums banner

Abu Dhabi Exhibition Tournament- Rafa starts 2011 there

2K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  vn01 
#1 ·
Rafa is the defending champion here. I know it's an exho, but all the players try to play at their top level. It's only 5 days before the start of the season.

So, Rafa will meet Tomas Berdych in the 1/2 finals. Discuss! :) VAMOS RAFA!

P.S. Federer will play Soderling/Tsonga in the other SF.

#2 ·
Rafa defeated Berdych 6-4 6-4 and qualified for the Final for 3rd straight year. He'll play Federer, who defeated Soderling 6-7 6-3 6-3.

Hope, Rafa wins for 2nd time the title. It's an exho, but every win worths it.

#3 ·
I was not impressed by Rafa's level of play today. It looks like there is little to no improvement to his backhand, ROS and serve. Where did this USO and Tokyo serve go?

But that said there were some really great rallies and his forehand is as lethal as ever. In the middle of the second set he was literally killing Berdych. I hope he can build up on that mid second set.

Good luck tomorrow, champ. Every win is valuable even the exho ones.

#4 ·
agreed :worship:
Rafa needs to arrive in Melbourne with "calm". Winning over Federer will help for sure :cool:

#5 ·
Does anyone know when does the final start ? (GMT time please) :)

#6 ·
It is 1pm GMT.

#9 ·
Great start of the year for Rafa! :) I didn't expect to win the match, but he did it. VAMOS!

I think he surprised Federer with the way he played- he wasn't so aggressive and played not like he played in 2010. Rafa's game was at most defensive and that surprised Federer. I am happy with his game today.

Good luck in Doha! VAMOS RAFA!!! :worship:

#10 ·
Impressed with Nadal's serve. He wins many cheap points with it now. Forehand is absolutely monstrous. Backhand could still use work.

#12 ·
Record second straight Abu Dhabi title without losing a single set! Great job! He still needs some improvement on his game. Hopefully Doha will fine tune his game!

#13 ·
He has an awful draw in Doha! :( Possible QF against Gulbis, SF against Davydenko/Kohlschreiber/Karlovic and Final against Fedclown.

He starts against Karol Beck. Their only meeting was... in Doha 2009, where Rafa wins 6-1 6-2. Don't you think it's a good sign for Australian Open!

#15 ·
Yeap, I noticed again Fedmug has an easier draw. It doesn't matter though. It is only important Murray to land in the other side in AO.

#14 ·
Congrats Rafa for defending your trophy :bowdown:
Good luck in Doha :D

#20 ·
never in doubt, nadal just needed to be fresh and fit.......nadal is the real king of this generation.......whatever federina does, nadal does better........he simply finds answers to whatever federina throws at him........

#18 ·
Yes, I want to see Davy eaten alive like crazy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.