Starting off 2011 Down Under - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-17-2011, 05:25 AM   #91
country flag arodfanpe666o

arodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Starting off 2011 Down Under

Andy just produced another performance playing like just a pusher. Well, I don't know how he thinks he will do something in this tournament playing like this.

It is just painfil to see that players twice smaller than Andy hit the ball twice harder...
arodfanpe666o is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2011, 09:07 PM   #92
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Did not watch it but I believe you

Question? Could his forehand change in tactic or whatever you want to call it have anything to do with his previous injuries? Any thoughts?
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:36 AM   #93
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

who knows? I dunno if it has to do with the forehand specifically, but the way he's playing, he's having to work and run a lot harder to win matches, and that obviously causes injuries (see Exhibit A: Rafa). Plus Andy is just clumsy. Now they're saying he has changed his FH this season to hit it a little flatter. i did not notice the difference but ok if they say so

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:37 AM   #94

arodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think his forehand has something to do with injuries. Actually, in couple of matches per year, when he decides to hit it hard, he has one of the most powerful and fast forehands on tour. So it is his decision. And I agree with Deboogle, there is no difference this year. His forehand is the same.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:58 PM   #95
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
who knows? I dunno if it has to do with the forehand specifically, but the way he's playing, he's having to work and run a lot harder to win matches, and that obviously causes injuries (see Exhibit A: Rafa). Plus Andy is just clumsy. Now they're saying he has changed his FH this season to hit it a little flatter. i did not notice the difference but ok if they say so
I think the commentators just like to talk about things. No one really knows why Andy changed up his game like he did. It's a mystery, even to those who follow tennis closely. It's just like one day he decided he was going to move away from the stuff that brought him all his success early in his career. It's not a loss of form/technique or anything like that; he didn't forgot how to hit the ball flat. It was a conscious decision made by Andy that he would out steady and outlast his opponents rather than take unnecessary risks.

Some experts like to say the power game has gone away and this switch was made to keep up with the competition. I disagree though, players are more powerful than ever with guys like Soderling, Tsonga, Del Potro, etc. I think it's been proven you can still win by hitting the ball hard and flat, over powering your opponent and going for winners. I don't know what goes on in Andy's head but for him to become relevant again it won't be a change in the forehand technique that will be required, it will require a change in mentality; from passive/defensive to aggressive/offensive.
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:52 PM   #96

Yes, Fumus is right. He made the best explanation.

I don't know about you, but I wonder why nobody asks him about it? He makes like hundreds of interviewes per year, and nobody asks him why he made such a drastic and dramatic change to his game. I'd absolutely love to see his own explanation.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:38 AM   #97
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

well andy managed to win but more of the same old shit.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 01-19-2011, 02:48 AM   #98
country flag OnyxRose

OnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond repute

Slice slice slice serve. The only set that wasn't as embarassing was the third set because he at least made some winners that weren't aces. It's frustrating because you can see a forehand wanting to come out and it just...doesn't. Andy's forehand was such a thing of beauty. His backhand has more power to it now so I don't get why he doesn't try to hit winners off that side now. The few times he tried, it worked, lol. He's such a tactics midget.
OnyxRose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:02 AM   #99
country flag andymo

andymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you realize that the opponent always plays on his backhand.He won in straights sets so he must be doing something right. It is the win that is important.

ANDY IS THE REAL A-ROD
I AM A BIG FAN OF ANDY
I LOVE ANDY
andymo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:09 AM   #100
country flag Deboogle!.

Just b/c the opponent plays to his backhand doesn't mean Andy needs to slice 99.9% of them. Sure it's good to win but he's not doing anything that will prepare him for later rounds. He was getting out-winnered two to one by IGOR KUNITSYN. I mean come on

Old 01-19-2011, 12:11 PM   #101
country flag tsurupettan
aeroDYNAMIC

tsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond repute

that slice was killing me. god. i wanted so bad to just shove him up on that baseline and have him do something more, but that's a normal feeling.

tsurupettan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:19 PM   #102
country flag andymo

andymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the great Federer had to play 5 sets to win vs chicken legs Gilles Simon, so what's wrong with that picture. Andy won in straight sets. Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.......Andy must do something right......haha

ANDY IS THE REAL A-ROD
I AM A BIG FAN OF ANDY
I LOVE ANDY
Old 01-19-2011, 01:40 PM   #103
country flag Deboogle!.

No, he was lucky to have a much easier opponent. Andy was seriously lucky not to lose the first set last night.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:42 PM   #104
country flag OnyxRose

OnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymo View Post
Well, the great Federer had to play 5 sets to win vs chicken legs Gilles Simon, so what's wrong with that picture. Andy won in straight sets. Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.......Andy must do something right......haha
Simon is not Kunitsyn. If Gilles played to his potential, he was always going to give Roger fits as he has in the past. He's only ranked where he is because of his injury.

I was only kidding with the bh stuff but you don't see a problem with how Andy is playing? Even after Brisbane, where he was cruising against the lower ranked players but got destroyed by Soderling? I like your optimism but he's pretty much getting called out by everyone and everyone knows it's only a matter of time before he gets destroyed, if he doesn't step up and play more aggressively. It's like watching a car wreck in slow motion.
OnyxRose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #105
country flag andymo

He was in the final in Brisbane but he lost to #5 then and now #4......logic here. You prefer to listen to the has been and frustrated commentators instead of rejoicing when Andy wins. Andy is so lucky to have you as a fan, one who believes in him.

ANDY IS THE REAL A-ROD
I AM A BIG FAN OF ANDY
I LOVE ANDY