Starting off 2011 Down Under - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-30-2010, 12:16 AM   #1
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Starting off 2011 Down Under

Well it's that time again. Andy's in Brisbane practicing and says it's the first time since last May that he's felt 100% healthy...

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2010, 01:09 AM   #2
country flag snaillyyy
rainha (:

snaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Starting off 2011 Down Under

Doesn't seem five minutes since last season ended I see he is wearing the new shoes certainly won't lose them in the dark

snaillyyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:00 AM   #3
country flag straitup

straitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond repute

Rockin' shoes . I'm looking forward to see what he does this year
straitup is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:38 AM   #4
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not ready for this yet. Maybe I'll tune out until the AO starts.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:51 AM   #5
country flag arodfanpe666o

arodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond repute

Andy creates expectations in his interviewes. I hope it is not for nothing.
arodfanpe666o is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:05 PM   #6
country flag Roddick2k9

Roddick2k9 is on a distinguished road

I hope this year we will see aggresive A-Rod. Sort of the A-Rod that played Nadal in the WTF. But then again Roddick only brings that type of play when he has no other option. C'mon Andy step onto that baseline and take the ball early and flat!!!!!!!! yeeaaaahhhhhh.
Roddick2k9 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:35 PM   #7
country flag arodfanpe666o

arodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I think it is too late to hope for this sort of things...
arodfanpe666o is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:37 PM   #8
country flag Roddick2k9

Roddick2k9 is on a distinguished road

Yh unfortunately i know...but it was worth a thought
Roddick2k9 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:48 PM   #9
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/DEU...y-Roddick.aspx

RODDICK AS HUNGRY AS EVER

Andy Roddick’s physical trainer Lance Hooten and physio Doug Spreen discuss the American’s off-season training.

Andy Roddick has been as hungry and motivated as ever during the off-season as he prepares for his 12th full season on the ATP World Tour and another assault on the Australian Open title.

“I haven’t seen him this motivated for some time,” said Roddick’s physical trainer, Lance Hooten. “Andy’s always been a grinder, a hard worker; you have to put reins on him all the time because he’s always going to work too hard, too long and too much.”

Indeed, on the first day of Roddick’s pre-season training the American was due to work out with Hooten and other professional athletes. As Roddick had finished the season with a couple of nagging injuries to his groin and hamstring, Hooten had intended to ease the 28 year old into the programme with short sprints on a more forgiving grass surface.

Roddick, who will first compete in 2011 at the Brisbane International, was not interested in the softly, softly approach.

Recalls Hooten, “Andy whispered to me, ‘I don’t want to do a Plan B workout, I want to do today’s work out.’ I said ‘I don’t know, you’ve got to show me you can handle this so let’s build into it a little slowly.’ And he looked at me and said, ‘We’re not doing a %#@!!% Plan B workout.’

“So we started the workout and he was doing really well, and I was actually going to cut him short because if he’s not finishing the work out healthy then it doesn’t really matter. Andy looked at me and said, ‘You don’t win the %#@!!% Australian Open by cutting short your work outs.’”

It is undoubtedly that sort of attitude and determination that has seen former World No. 1 Roddick succeed for so long at the top of the game. Despite suffering mononucleosis that set him back during the crunch stage of the season over the summer, Roddick still produced strong enough results to earn his place at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals for the eighth straight year. And the Texan firmly believed that had he not been ill, after his blistering start to the season, he could have finished in the Top 3 or 4 in the South African Airways 2010 ATP Rankings.

With that in mind, Team Roddick is treating victory at the Australian Open as a realistic target for the American and as such, the hard work began in earnest as soon as Roddick returned from London. “The planning and talking about it started the day that the season ended,” confirmed Roddick’s physio, Doug Spreen. “At that point he and Larry [Stefanki] had a chance to sit down and talk and go over a few things. Within a few days of getting back to Austin he was already starting to do some conditioning work and strength training, so it started up pretty quick.”

After the illness and injury problems of 2010, Spreen confirmed Roddick’s primary goal for the off season was to get healthy. “The goal coming out of December is that when you go down to Australia you want to feel good. The goal is to find a happy medium where you continue to do a lot of work to get yourself in shape, but at the same time you want to show up in Australia feeling healthy and hopefully a little bit rejuvenated.”

The No. 2 goal was to pay attention to the American’s body composition.

“As a power-speed athlete you have to be very lean and very strong,” explained Hooten. “So what we wanted to do was lose a few pounds of body fat and gain a few pounds in muscle tissue, so his body weight tends to stay around the same, but you change the body composition. By doing that you have a stronger athlete, a more explosive athlete, you have an athlete who can withstand the rigours of his sport.”

The tough regimen that Hooten devised has seen Roddick’s workout alternate between the track and the court. Track work involves explosive short sprints over 10-40 metres and longer sprints between 150-300 metres for speed endurance. Other exercises have involved the American doing sprints up a 50-60 metre hill on a 4-5 degree incline. On the court, Roddick has been doing short, explosive agility drills.

With Roddick’s late finish to the season there has not been much time to add specifics to his game. However, Hooten has been focusing on improving the American’s first step to chasing balls on the court, achieved by increasing Roddick’s lean muscle tissue and taking away his hesitation by making him as fit and supple as possible. “With the drills we’re doing lots of ply metric jumps, we do a lot of medicine ball throws for power and speed,” he explained.

Along with the physical training, Roddick has also been paying close attention to his diet — getting lots of fresh vegetables, lots of fresh fruit, very lean proteins, supplements of protein smoothies and eating frequent meals throughout the day — in the knowledge that consuming proper foods aids recovery by 50-75 per cent.

With the hard work done, Roddick will travel to Australia as a four-time former semi-finalist in Melbourne, with a wealth of major experience, and the confidence of feeling fit, healthy and strong. He should not be discounted as a serious contender.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 12-30-2010 at 06:53 PM.
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:30 PM   #10
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaillyyy View Post
Doesn't seem five minutes since last season ended I see he is wearing the new shoes certainly won't lose them in the dark
I want those shoes. That's probably the five year old in me talking.

The side pieces
The Sweet but Dopey Argentine
The Bulgarian Headcase
That Douche from Australia

And when the daylight's fading we're gonna play in the dark til it's golden again
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:46 PM   #11
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

If it he can bring it back to Spring 2010 form he'll have a great year.

Realistically I think this year and next will be his last shots at taking home another slam (or two?)
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:56 PM   #12
country flag solowyn
Banned!

solowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond repute

Some pics from practice with Steps in Brisbane, from tennis warehouse Apparently Andy looked to be moving pretty well around the court.

solowyn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:58 PM   #13
country flag andymo

andymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond repute

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress....-joins-pledge/

ANDY IS THE REAL A-ROD
I AM A BIG FAN OF ANDY
I LOVE ANDY
andymo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:00 PM   #14
country flag Kate87

Kate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New Year Andyland!!!

let's start 2011 with amazing news...

MANDY IS BACK!

http://www.brisbaneinternational.com...MDD-1.1.11.pdf

besides them rooting for: Bob Bryan; Mike Bryan; MarTy Fish
Kate87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:06 PM   #15
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote