Changes to Player Forums - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-29-2011, 09:06 AM   #1
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Changes to Player Forums

Hi everyone,

In order to reduce clutter from the ever-increasing list of inactive players, we have rolled out changes to the Player Forums. For countries / regions where there were player forums for players who are now retired or otherwise inactive, there is now a link called Inactive Players. Clicking this takes you to Blast From The Past, where there is a forum to hold the forums for these inactive players.

Below that link, there is also a link directly into the forum of each player whose forum has been moved to Blast From The Past

e.g.

Hope this makes sense - any questions / comments, post below

Last edited by scoobs : 12-29-2011 at 09:12 AM.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2011, 09:24 AM   #2
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changes to Player Forums

I am really glad to see this finally taking place However, a couple of items to put on your or someones list of things to be done. Amer Delic who has a Forum in the U.S. section now plays for Bosnia/Herzegovina. And Alex Bogomolov, Jr. just has a thread in the U.S. section, but he now plays for Russia. So both those need to be moved.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:41 AM   #3
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Hasn't Marat Safin retired? He is now in politics in Russia and is no longer on the ATP site. So shouldn't he be inactive?
Old 12-29-2011, 10:38 AM   #4
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Safin's forum is still extremely active so we're leaving that where it is for the time being - it's busier than many players who haven't retired.

As for the others, if fans in the Delic forum or the Bogomolov thread ask us to move them then we'll see about doing that but none of them have asked up until now.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:55 AM   #5
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Well no one is in the Delic Forum now. And posters in Bogomolov's thread wants that thread moved to Russia. I told them they had to ask a Moderator to do it because that was the only way it could be done, but I don't guess anyone asked? Anyway this is what was said--Alex is now representing Russia, please rid the Team USA thread of him. That sounds like a request to me!
Old 12-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #6
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

I love the way this worked out--it is great! Many thanks to habibko for coming up with this in the suggestion thread
Old 12-30-2011, 06:42 AM   #7
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Safin's forum is still extremely active so we're leaving that where it is for the time being - it's busier than many players who haven't retired.

As for the others, if fans in the Delic forum or the Bogomolov thread ask us to move them then we'll see about doing that but none of them have asked up until now.
I don't know scoobs if you moved the Delic Forum and the Bogomolov thread or if someone else did, but I just noticed they were in their correct places. So thanks to whoever made those changes
Old 12-31-2011, 04:02 AM   #8
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Great job moderators . It definately reduced some cluttery
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:33 AM   #9
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingiskingfineon View Post
Great job moderators . It definately reduced some cluttery
I'm glad to know that someone agrees with me about this
Old 01-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #10
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Scoobs, I just created a 2012 thread for JMG. Would you consider moving that to the random single threads for the US players? Just in case anyone cares to see it for now. Thanks.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:55 AM   #11
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Mods, in general I really think you are doing a fine job. The board is well organized, in my opinion too well. I would like to see less forums and sub forums ... the board is getting too complicated and it does need to be simplified. e.i. we have the off topic forum, sort of within GM, then we have 'the non tennis' forum... what is the difference? they should be merged or just leave the 'off topic' forum, everyone knows what it is (talk about whatever that is non tennis related or close to it ... Fed/Mirka love one another or Nole buying donkey cheese, Murray needs a better dentist kinda thing, lol). sorry, just my 5 cents, try to simplify things ... get rid of some sub forums ... I've been around on MTF for a while, and know where everything is, but new members probably will feel a bit lost.

Also, it would be probably easier for mods too, less time consuming etc.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:54 AM   #12
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

I just wish someone would continue the job of moving the players that have retired to the section for players that are now retired! I also wish some tennis players would make up their minds about which country they are playing for! Levine should be in the section for Canada's players now!
Old 12-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #13
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
Mods, in general I really think you are doing a fine job. The board is well organized, in my opinion too well. I would like to see less forums and sub forums ... the board is getting too complicated and it does need to be simplified. e.i. we have the off topic forum, sort of within GM, then we have 'the non tennis' forum... what is the difference? they should be merged or just leave the 'off topic' forum, everyone knows what it is (talk about whatever that is non tennis related or close to it ... Fed/Mirka love one another or Nole buying donkey cheese, Murray needs a better dentist kinda thing, lol). sorry, just my 5 cents, try to simplify things ... get rid of some sub forums ... I've been around on MTF for a while, and know where everything is, but new members probably will feel a bit lost.

I think having more sub forum make this forum more organised which is what I prefer . I am pretty sure you are underestimating the intelligance of the new members . They will get to know this place quickly
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:18 AM   #14
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
I think having more sub forum make this forum more organised which is what I prefer . I am pretty sure you are underestimating the intelligance of the new members . They will get to know this place quickly
I agree! Really there has been no great changes in the layout of the Forum since I became a member. And I remember it was fun moving around the Forum to see what all you could find
Old 12-26-2012, 09:56 PM   #15
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post

I think the distinction is clear. Off topic is general debate about tennis players' non-tennis activities, ergo relating to tennis players but not tennis per se. Non-tennis is then everything not at all related to tennis or tennis players.

I would prefer these two to stay separate. They are also quite big, and merging big subforums is not something I'd recommend. New posters can find lots of goodies more than a year old there, if they're into such stuff, a lot easier than in the archives.

I think the structure of the forum is great, only change I'd make would be to wait a little longer before archiving threads in the smaller subforums, like the statistics section.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote