*** Richie Returns*** 2011 Aussie Summer (Melbourne) - Page 56 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-22-2011, 07:27 PM   #826
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *** Richie Returns*** 2011 Aussie Summer (Melbourne)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite View Post
I'm not even expecting any results. Just want to see him play the game that drew all of us in

Yup exactly this.

I'd like to see him show heart in his game and not look like he's lost before he's even started and not play ten million miles behind the baseline.
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2011, 08:02 PM   #827
country flag Blackbriar
Banned!

Blackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina36 View Post
Well... I'm tired and bored about the media and the journalists. I don't know how it is in the other countries but in France, it is a media doggedness on Richard! Yesterday, everything was normal. But now, every French lost, and they try to find a "culprit". And obviously it is Richard. Because according to them (and I saw it on several sites: l'Equipe, Eurosport, rmc) Llodra and Monfils are excusable because of the Davis Cup which shortened their preparation. But Richard was also there!!! And Tsonga is excusable because its body is fragile. But he is not hurt, I saw his match and he gave up mentally, he didn't fight! But that, nobody says it.
Richard lost against the n°6 in the world! While the others French (except for Simon) made real disappointing performances. And nevertheless, it is always the same who is the most brutally criticized. And openly, I'm fed up with that.

I hope Richard doesn't read all this bullshit...

I don't know which can be its future, I don't know if he is going to have a brain wave one day, I don't know if he will manage to win big tournaments; but what I can say, it is that although he loses or although he wins, I shall always be there. Because I love this player, beyond his results.
Yeah you're right, but don't worry, people are not so naive. Whatever they say, people will joke about Monfils and Tsonga just as much as they will do about Ritchie. Tsonga was pityful -d. by n°47!- and people know that. They will think "who beat him?" and read its Dologopolov and then think "WTF". And Monfils, well, everybody knows Monfils. At least when they read Gasquet beaten by Berdych they may remember the Wimbledon's finalist.

Personally, I'm just disgruntled because there was nothing to be saved from his last match. It was "old Ritchie" all over again, like he had no coach to tell him what to do, what must be changed. He looked like a junior against a pro. Like a deer in the headlights.
Blackbriar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:34 AM   #828
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But now, every French lost, and they try to find a "culprit". And obviously it is Richard. Because according to them (and I saw it on several sites: l'Equipe, Eurosport, rmc) Llodra and Monfils are excusable because of the Davis Cup which shortened their preparation. But Richard was also there!!! And Tsonga is excusable because its body is fragile. But he is not hurt, I saw his match and he gave up mentally, he didn't fight! But that, nobody says it.
Richard lost against the n°6 in the world! While the others French (except for Simon) made real disappointing performances. And nevertheless, it is always the same who is the most brutally criticized. And openly, I'm fed up with that.
It is always the same: when Llodra reached the Top 30 last year for the first time in his career, it was a huge acievement, how often has Richard been Top 30? When JWT is injured it is poor JWT, when Richard is injured, he fakes or is a weakling. It is true that Richard is most harshly treated by the French press, but Gael comes close.

Quote:
but what I can say, it is that although he loses or although he wins, I shall always be there. Because I love this player, beyond his results.
Then we are already 2, and I am sure there will be more particularly outside of France.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:47 PM   #829
country flag reggie1

reggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond repute

+1  I don't have as much time to post now but I always check the forum and will always support him.
reggie1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:10 PM   #830
country flag icecastle

icecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
Then we are already 2, and I am sure there will be more particularly outside of France.
+1 me too, although my current sig and avi is misleading.

I don't think I'll ever tire of supporting Richard. I guess his unpredictableness is part of his charms to me.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
icecastle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:16 PM   #831
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

me too if I was going to give up on Richard it would have been ages ago. He's stuck with me now!!
Old 01-24-2011, 06:38 PM   #832
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbriar View Post
Yeah you're right, but don't worry, people are not so naive. Whatever they say, people will joke about Monfils and Tsonga just as much as they will do about Ritchie. Tsonga was pityful -d. by n°47!- and people know that. They will think "who beat him?" and read its Dologopolov and then think "WTF". And Monfils, well, everybody knows Monfils. At least when they read Gasquet beaten by Berdych they may remember the Wimbledon's finalist.

Personally, I'm just disgruntled because there was nothing to be saved from his last match. It was "old Ritchie" all over again, like he had no coach to tell him what to do, what must be changed. He looked like a junior against a pro. Like a deer in the headlights.
Its his humongous talent that invites all the blame on him.

Thing is Richie has a head of his own and actually is capable of sound tactics which he does try and execute with little luck these days. If we could rewind time back to 07 (when we thought Richie had finally arrived) and press play from there, we could fix him a coach who'd rid him his nerves for good, teach him to close matches, stay fit and not give up - we'd see him winning 6-7 tournaments in a year. But we cant do that.

What we can hope is to see him schedule reasonably, compete in many small tournaments in a year and become an MM king/ finalist of sorts. That'll give him confidence, make him tactically sound again and strong in the head.

For Richard 250 >>> than 500/1000/ Slam. He should not miss the chance to compete in one 250.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:16 AM   #833
country flag Gasquet maniac

Gasquet maniac has a reputation beyond reputeGasquet maniac has a reputation beyond reputeGasquet maniac has a reputation beyond reputeGasquet maniac has a reputation beyond reputeGasquet maniac has a reputation beyond reputeGasquet maniac has a reputation beyond reputeGasquet maniac has a reputation beyond reputeGasquet maniac has a reputation beyond reputeGasquet maniac has a reputation beyond reputeGasquet maniac has a reputation beyond reputeGasquet maniac has a reputation beyond repute

Richard has grown on me.....We hope the best for him in his tennis career and we will stick by him be it rough or good times.....Good luck Richard!!!!!!

Hopefully he is maturing now and he definitely have the game to match the top 10 players in the world......
Gasquet maniac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:54 PM   #834
country flag Blackbriar
Banned!

Blackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasquet maniac View Post
Hopefully he is maturing now and he definitely have the game to match the top 10 players in the world......
I definitely think he can beat Melzer and Verdasco on grass. Beyond that, challenging a top 10 is
Blackbriar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote