*** Richie Returns*** 2011 Aussie Summer (Melbourne) - Page 53 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-21-2011, 11:45 AM   #781
country flag teem

teem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *** Richie Returns*** 2011 Aussie Summer (Melbourne)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmzB View Post
It's confirmed!

I hope Grosjean can help Richard with his FH!!

So Grosjean could take up a new job with Orange?? So could this only be for a few months or something? They need to atleast stay together untill the US Open or the end of the season.
I think orange buy the rights of all masters 1000 and Grosjean will be a "chroniqueur" ...
teem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2011, 12:16 PM   #782
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

according to various sources it is a part-term arrangement starting in Indian Wells.

Though I would have preferred something else, this is at least a start. For all who don't know: Grosjean had a huge FH and was an excellent grass player.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:00 PM   #783
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Seb

Sounds like the job with Orange will be concurrent since Richard should be playing all the Masters tournaments anyway
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:04 PM   #784
country flag teem

teem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite View Post
Seb

Sounds like the job with Orange will be concurrent since Richard should be playing all the Masters tournaments anyway
it's not a problem because they will be in place together, training before the matches and seb will just not makke the commentaries about richard, no ?
Old 01-21-2011, 03:38 PM   #785
country flag scmom

scmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond repute

very good news about the collaboration with Grosjean
I remember him as an excellent grass player, a really good forehand - and supremely fit .
As a smaller man , he made the most of his abilities - and I hope that Richard can learn a lot from that example !
( not that Gasquet is as small in stature as Grosjean , but compared to the giants that roam the ATP these days - he is at a height disadvantage )

I keep trying to figure out what to make of last night's match - The first set he just looked so passive ! In the second set - except for the two illtimed double faults - I thought he played very well. And
in the third -with nothing to lose - he let loose some gorgeous winners. Wish he had started with the play he demonstrated in the second set - it might have been totally different. Although , as Berdych is ranked 6 in the world , it is not a shocking loss. And he was playing very well .

I hope that someone in the camp is pointing out to Richard that Berdych and Verdasco had the same issues he has - the extreme talent and mental fragility - but both have managed to turn things around as they mature and become Top 10 players and serious contenders. It is not out of the realm of possibility for Richard to do the same , if he would just do the work required and focus on his strengths. I am sure he will not want to hear it , but it is true. I think a hiring a coach like Grosjean can only help him , if he will listen and learn from him.

As I will be in IW for the first 5 days , I will let you all know what I see in the way they work together .

So , Australia is done . I wish he could have made the second week. But I am happy he played to his seeding , did not lose in the first round , and in the process gained a few ranking points. It is a beginning .
scmom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #786
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

I heard the rumour few weeks ago and we can be sure it's an idea of Deblicker. Well Seb will not be an help for physical work Anyway I'm curious about that association.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #787
country flag teem

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
I heard the rumour few weeks ago and we can be sure it's an idea of Deblicker. Well Seb will not be an help for physical work Anyway I'm curious about that association.
you seem to be a little sarcatic, are you ?
Old 01-21-2011, 05:12 PM   #788
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm confused - Who or what is "orange"? and is this another short-term/dual arrangement with Eric too, as the Markus arrangement apparently was?

No matter what the deal is, it is SOMETHING and if Richard's forehand could be half as good as Grosjean's that would be a MAJOR improvement.

HOWEVER while I'm very glad to see an association with Grosjean it is also a little disappointing because to me it says Richard still is more concerned about being with his French "family" (Grosjean was like a big brother to Richie when Seb was playing) than in doing whatever it takes to be the best he can be. Agreeing with Vlad - if Richard really does want to be better than 30ish, he has to man up, let go of the French security blanket (Eric and others) and work his cute little ass off to do whatever it takes to change what needs to be changed even if it means leaving the familar behind.

Yes you have to be comfortable with your coach and feel content in order to play your best tennis but that's the point, is RIchard only happy with his security blankets around him? Or maybe RIchard is more mature than I and knows his priorities? In the grand scheme of things what difference does it make if you are top 10 or top 40? Life is short, enjoy.. and so I'll stop now.
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:23 PM   #789
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute

Mauresmo started to help Llodra last year and that helped Llodra quite alot, I'm hoping the same effect on Gasquet from Seb!

Allez!!

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
ImmzB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:29 PM   #790
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
Grosjean was like a big brother to Richie when Seb was playing
Was he? :eek. I know that Ricahrd was and is close to fabrice, but not somuch to Grosjean who lives already for a considerable time in the US.

Quote:
I heard the rumour few weeks ago and we can be sure it's an idea of Deblicker. Well Seb will not be an help for physical work.
Why? You probably know more about Seb than I do, but I don't remember him as unfit. and why do you think it is Deblicker's idea?

Séb is certainly still capable to give Richard a better work out than Deblicker himself. By the way: on the foto thread there were pics of a new guy posted by lemoncustard, anyone any idea who that is and what he does?

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Last edited by Puschkin : 01-21-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:36 PM   #791
country flag teem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
Why? You probably know more about Seb than I do, but I don't remember him as unfit. and why do you think it is Deblicker's idea?

Séb is certainly still capable to give Richard a better work out than Deblicker himself. By the way: on the foto thread there were pics of a new guy posted by lemoncustard, anyone any idea who that is and what he does?

maybe a kine,someone of the team ...
Old 01-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #792
country flag teem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
I'm confused - Who or what is "orange"? and is this another short-term/dual arrangement with Eric too, as the Markus arrangement apparently was?

No matter what the deal is, it is SOMETHING and if Richard's forehand could be half as good as Grosjean's that would be a MAJOR improvement.

HOWEVER while I'm very glad to see an association with Grosjean it is also a little disappointing because to me it says Richard still is more concerned about being with his French "family" (Grosjean was like a big brother to Richie when Seb was playing) than in doing whatever it takes to be the best he can be. Agreeing with Vlad - if Richard really does want to be better than 30ish, he has to man up, let go of the French security blanket (Eric and others) and work his cute little ass off to do whatever it takes to change what needs to be changed even if it means leaving the familar behind.

Yes you have to be comfortable with your coach and feel content in order to play your best tennis but that's the point, is RIchard only happy with his security blankets around him? Or maybe RIchard is more mature than I and knows his priorities? In the grand scheme of things what difference does it make if you are top 10 or top 40? Life is short, enjoy.. and so I'll stop now.
"orange" is a french internet operator (you have 4 in france with witch you can surf with subscription). So orange buy the rights to diffuse in france the all masters 1000 in exclusivity. And Grojeans seem to be one of the "chroniqueur" the same thing for mac enroe and others old players. Even amelie moresmo does that for davis cup. It's not a problem for working with richard in the same time.
Allways sorry for my poor english
Old 01-21-2011, 06:00 PM   #793
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's a joke During all his carreer journalist said about Seb that he didn't love the training that he was talented a matcher but not a guy who loves the training. Indeed he was working tough during training but it was his image toward the press and Richard has exactly the same a talented guy but who doesn't love training just love tennis. They are identic in their relation with training in the mind of french journalist that's why i joke about the training. Seb is not Markus in his way to work. Seb and Deblicker are pretty close that's why i think it's his idea.
Well i'm interested by their association because they have both the same relation with tennis.

Quote:

It's Paul Quétin the physical trainer from FFT. Not a new guy . You see him in the video with richard in fft site. you can listen him http://www.fft.fr/open-australie/2011/?inc=lecteur.html Paul Quétin has been the physical trainer of DC during many years before Cyril.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg quetin.jpg (111.9 KB, 1 views)
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:27 PM   #794
country flag teem

Quote:
It's a joke During all his carreer journalist said about Seb that he didn't love the training that he was talented a matcher but not a guy who loves the training. Indeed he was working tough during training but it was his image toward the press and Richard has exactly the same a talented guy but who doesn't love training just love tennis. They are identic in their relation with training in the mind of french journalist that's why i joke about the training. Seb is not Markus in his way to work. Seb and Deblicker are pretty close that's why i think it's his idea.
Well i'm interested by their association because they have both the same relation with tennis.

It's Paul Quétin the physical trainer from FFT. Not a new guy . You see him in the video with richard in fft site. you can listen him http://www.fft.fr/open-australie/2011/?inc=lecteur.html Paul Quétin has been the physical trainer of DC during many years before Cyril.
Thhanks for this precision
Old 01-21-2011, 09:27 PM   #795
country flag tami

tami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond repute

perhaps a new influence and an extra set of input may be useful for gasquet, though i think overall it's the mental fragility that is really hurting him when it comes to big matches. watching the berdych match yesterday from the sidelines, even though there was a considerable crowd present cheering him on, gasquet seemed to actually be a bit bothered by them......sometimes it makes it a little difficult to be a fan, right? :P

i'm sure gasquet is not complacent being at the ranking he is currently, perhaps that is contributing to the irritability that he has shown this year so far. on the flip side, it has also brought out a more aggressive and assertive nature from him, though it would have been nice to see it last for longer than a few points in the "big matches". i think at the moment he is able to still play well against lower ranked players because of his experience, but if he's to continue to make progress, he'll need to grow a pair and become tougher mentally. i agree with what some of you guys have said - berdych, federer and verdasco have all been a bit flaky in the past, but their fine examples of how it can be overcome and then their talent shines!

i'm not sure what it is that will provide gasquet with that stability and focus, but i think the first step is to be able to take constructive criticism and want to apply himself 120% to it.

it sounds like we're all a little disappointed with gasquet's start to the year so far - but it's true there have been some positives we have gathered from it as well.

there's hope in our little mercurial frenchman yet! just not sure how to show him our support - if he seems to be bothered by cheering.... :P
tami is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote