2011 FITD Management Thread - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #151
country flag d_s

d_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2011 FITD Management Thread

WEEK 41

Date: OCTOBER 10-16, 2011
Tournaments to be added: Shanghai 2011
Tournaments to be dropped: Shanghai 2010

EnriqueIG8_____________ 1000
Black Friday___________ 600
Infinity_______________ 480
Kamui010_______________ 360
Ria____________________ 315
Satasonic______________ 270
*Jean*_________________ 225
Hazem__________________ 180
Björki_________________ 164
born_on_clay___________ 164
Marrownator____________ 146
Boarder35m_____________ 130
diego36arg_____________ 130
Peta Pan_______________ 113
d_s____________________ 101
Blackbriar_____________ 90
Adder A216_____________ 87
Bujilover______________ 84
jervisjames____________ 82
Spain07________________ 79
Cheeky Chick___________ 76
Snoo Foo_______________ 73
andrijagajic___________ 70
Cava___________________ 68
nickelS________________ 65
hyperren_______________ 62
abollo_________________ 59
sdtoot_________________ 56
vanne__________________ 53
croflash_______________ 50
jcreback_______________ 50
jfrtennis______________ 45
156mphserve____________ 43
kingroger______________ 43
Tepasaf________________ 41
Ivanatis_______________ 40
vn01___________________ 38
Dupuis2006_____________ 36
KittyTennis____________ 36
niezubayern1___________ 34
bandtree_______________ 33
djokovicgonzalez_______ 31
Marto__________________ 30
Tonkie13_______________ 29
flynn25________________ 27
KarlyM_________________ 26
ibreak4coffee__________ 24
coonster14_____________ 23
d_s is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2011, 09:28 PM   #152
country flag Thunderfish8

Thunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond repute

Question:

We all know Shanghai is a pain in the ass because of it's Sunday start. I feel bad knowing that people who are doing well in the Eurasian Autumn Circuit will miss out because of the Sunday start. Would it be okay for them to give me their username on the ATP Draw Challenge Circuit and enter an identical draw to the one entered on the ATP website?????

Berdych Monaco Granollers Troicki Roger-Vasselin Lu Paire

PAW Titles: Brisbane 2012 & 2014
FITD Titles: Marseille 2014
Tennis Tipping Titles
Singles: Orleans CH '11, Tampere CH '12, Medellin CH '12
Doubles: Noumea CH '13 w/ Chirag, Cherbourg CH '14 w/ BMT360
Thunderfish8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:27 AM   #153
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

like I posted on the thread, I missed one before and wasn't allowed to use my DCC draw then so I'd be against it

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:31 AM   #154

Thunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
like I posted on the thread, I missed one before and wasn't allowed to use my DCC draw then so I'd be against it
yea doesn't matter cuz sfar hasn't filled in a DCC bracket since '09

Tennis Tipping Titles
Old 10-10-2011, 06:35 PM   #155

one more question:

I've been getting lots of flak about coolfish1103's pick. When he had two qualifiers playing in the third or second round, he picked the higher ranked qualifier. I am very confused because he IS making a definitive pick. Lu is the higher ranked qualifier in the hypothetical matchup so I put him in coolfish's draw. However, I'm being told that this is still not allowed. It is definitive, but is it valid?????

Tennis Tipping Titles
Old 10-21-2011, 04:37 AM   #156
country flag jervisjames

jervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderfish8 View Post
one more question:

I've been getting lots of flak about coolfish1103's pick. When he had two qualifiers playing in the third or second round, he picked the higher ranked qualifier. I am very confused because he IS making a definitive pick. Lu is the higher ranked qualifier in the hypothetical matchup so I put him in coolfish's draw. However, I'm being told that this is still not allowed. It is definitive, but is it valid?????
In my opinion it is invalid. The reason being that it is specific in the rules that when two qualifiers meet, you state either Q1 or Q2: with Q1 being the qualifier listed first and Q2 being the qualifier listed 2nd. coolfish was very creative in his pick, and I dont think he was trying to circumvent the rule intentionally, but if his pick is allowed, you are opening a can of worms.

Here's my next FITD:
Round 1
Lopez
Blake
Kamke
Raonic
Lu
Dimitrov
Devvarman
Wawrinka
Round 2
If Blake loses in first round, Then Lopez, otherwise Blake.
If Raonic loses in first round, then Kamke, otherwise Raonic
The highest rank player of the winners
Wawrinka
SF
The winner from the top quarter of the draw
Wawrinka
Final
The winner from top half of draw

All of these picks are definitive, but no manager would allow this, as it clearly stacks the favour my way. Same as picking highest ranked qualifier, it is stacking the picks to the favour of the person who picked this way. It is also unfair to EVERYONE else who picked according to the definitive rules.

I know you are trying to increase the fun, etc. But the decision to accept coolfish pick(s) should have been referred to the Board. You do a great job with managing, I'm not trying to pick on you. Just that the game has been running a number of years and any variance to the rules needs to be agreed upon by the Board. Also, if there are changes to be made to the rules, these generally get voted on during the off-season. That way each year, the whole season is standard and the same each week. The rules for all the games have been refined really well so there are little to no arguments on the results. If there is an argument, then it is obvious that something hasn't gone according to the rules, or something has been misinterpreted.
jervisjames is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:47 AM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by jervisjames View Post
In my opinion it is invalid. The reason being that it is specific in the rules that when two qualifiers meet, you state either Q1 or Q2: with Q1 being the qualifier listed first and Q2 being the qualifier listed 2nd. coolfish was very creative in his pick, and I dont think he was trying to circumvent the rule intentionally, but if his pick is allowed, you are opening a can of worms.

Here's my next FITD:
Round 1
Lopez
Blake
Kamke
Raonic
Lu
Dimitrov
Devvarman
Wawrinka
Round 2
If Blake loses in first round, Then Lopez, otherwise Blake.
If Raonic loses in first round, then Kamke, otherwise Raonic
The highest rank player of the winners
Wawrinka
SF
The winner from the top quarter of the draw
Wawrinka
Final
The winner from top half of draw

All of these picks are definitive, but no manager would allow this, as it clearly stacks the favour my way. Same as picking highest ranked qualifier, it is stacking the picks to the favour of the person who picked this way. It is also unfair to EVERYONE else who picked according to the definitive rules.

I know you are trying to increase the fun, etc. But the decision to accept coolfish pick(s) should have been referred to the Board. You do a great job with managing, I'm not trying to pick on you. Just that the game has been running a number of years and any variance to the rules needs to be agreed upon by the Board. Also, if there are changes to be made to the rules, these generally get voted on during the off-season. That way each year, the whole season is standard and the same each week. The rules for all the games have been refined really well so there are little to no arguments on the results. If there is an argument, then it is obvious that something hasn't gone according to the rules, or something has been misinterpreted.
i hear ya jervis, i kinda regretted this more and more as the tournament dragged on, until he found himself secured in last place. then i felt a bit better

but you are absolutely right, i won't let this happen again, i just didn't really know what to do because although I've managed quite a few tournaments, id never seen somebody do this and it WAS definitive, but now that you're mentioning it, it WAS unfair to everybody else.

sorry if you guys felt at a disadvantage

Tennis Tipping Titles
Old 10-23-2011, 05:57 AM   #158
country flag Chris.

Chris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know where to post this but i am having some troubles with my computer and its going into be reperaied on Wednesday so i wont be able to do updates and probally wont be able to manage this tournment as they cant get my computer back to be untill next Sunday. Can someonle please do the updates im so sorry for this.
Chris. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:54 AM   #159
country flag appleGirl

appleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond repute

I can take over in St. Petersburg.
(But I won't be able to edit the first posts of the thread, is there a simple solution for this? Or should I just post updates without editing?)

TT Singles: 105 (Best: 80) 2011: Fürth CH W, Izmir CH W, Seoul CH W, Sao Jose Do Rio Preto CH W; 2012: Tiburon CH W
TT Doubles: 48 (Best: 42) 2011: Izmir CH W (w/ Mahqz); 2012: US Open SF (w/Mahqz), Tiburon CH W (w/Mahqz), Antalya Fut W (w/Mahqz); 2013: Winston Salem W (w/Mahqz), US Open SF (w/Mahqz)
No.1vak Djokovic!

"Is something unbelievable how he returns, no? His return probably is one of the best of the history. That's my opinion, no? I never played against a player who's able to return like this. Almost every time." - R. Nadal about N. Djokovic
appleGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:06 AM   #160
country flag coonster14

coonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond repute

I will be putting a FITD thread for WTF sometime late on Wednesday.

Just letting all WTF entrants know so that there is no panic.

Also supporting: Rusty, Pics, Nalby, Nando, Baggy, Kei, Isner, Blake, Kolya, Berdych, Richie, Soderling, Gil

Ana - Wozzy - Vika - Kimmy - Makiri

AGASSI,RAFTER,SAFIN
coonster14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote