Rafachat v66: happy 4th BD Francy :hug: - Page 333 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 09:05 AM   #4981
country flag <Eve>
♥ bokehlicious ♥

<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat v66: happy 4th BD Francy :hug:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
Mazzelpik? Don't know it.

Does it mean "gelukzak"?
you don't know that? and yes, i dont use gelukzak but it's the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JM- View Post
Haha that sounds like "bag of luck" so I guess that's the same meaning
you and your german knowledge i cant gossip about you in dutch anymore when you're next to me i think
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2011, 09:07 AM   #4982
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Happy BD to Francy!
Ooh, I can still post in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Hi Happy Hilde, what a wonderfully shit day it is here. I saw at the Falla at the airport and no I didn't ask him why did he choke against Fedclown at Wimbledon.
You already in Melbourne!
Btw you probably missed my post about Jarkko Nieminen yesterday. He got the Role Model award at the Finnish sports gala, his dad was there to accept the award and said that Jarkko will himself write in his blog how he feels about receiving the award. And here the entry is.
http://jarkkonieminen.fi/blog.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peta Pan View Post
Hola! My good news of the evening is that I want the babies of the guy at the hotel booking company because he rang the hotel and they oked it because of the situation to let me start my stay on Sunday night instead of tomorrow, so even if my friend can't make it at all it will only cost me $1500 instead of $2570

The bad news is that Brisbane is now underwater too The crisis just gets worse. 32 suburbs of Brisbane affected at the moment. I have cousins up there, more friends and my brother in law's sister and her kids have been evacuated in a suburb that is now completely isolated by the floods. It's just depressing
Terrible about Brisbane but at least some good news about the hotel.

Is vb.com already in uproar?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml

Last edited by MariaV : 01-11-2011 at 09:15 AM.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-11-2011, 09:12 AM   #4983
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

All those words are a variety on a theme, Eve.

From my Dutch to English Van Dale dictionary:
Knurft (de (m)):
nitwit, nincompoop, blockhead, fathead; (BE also) nit, wally, (AE also) nerd.
Kazakkendraaier is a turncoat. It originates from French (googling: "tourner casaque"): somebody who suddenly changes his standpoint on something and does the opposite of what he said the day before.

I know the words "mazzel" and "mazzelaar" from Dutch tv but I didn't know "mazzelpik". A boy or a man will sometimes refer to his "pik" here but I'm guessing it's not the same pik we're talking about.

Last edited by Castafiore : 01-11-2011 at 09:18 AM.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-11-2011, 09:22 AM   #4984
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Eve- View Post
you and your german knowledge i cant gossip about you in dutch anymore when you're next to me i think
He seems to be picking it up fast. His knowledge of German does seem to help quite a bit.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #4985
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It would take me centuries to be able to speak Dutch, but my German knowledge surely helps me getting most of it though
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #4986
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It would take me centuries to be able to speak Dutch, but my German knowledge surely helps me getting most of it though
If you'd live there you'd pick up the language quickly enough. You studied German at school? For how many years?
Old 01-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #4987
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Come on JM, you can get the sounds just from the Swiss German.

Read Voetbal International you will be fine.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-11-2011, 09:46 AM   #4988
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
If you'd live there you'd pick up the language quickly enough. You studied German at school? For how many years?
Not too sure about this since so many Dutchies master English

I've learned German for 9 years at school, and I practise it on a daily basis for my job, AND I am still crap at it

Quote:
Come on JM, you can get the sounds just from the Swiss German.
I thought that too at first, but actually that's more complicated... The Swiss Germans pronounce the "k" like "krrrrr" and in Dutch that's the "g" that produces the throaty "r"...
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-11-2011, 09:51 AM   #4989
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not too sure about this since so many Dutchies master English

I've learned German for 9 years at school, and I practise it on a daily basis for my job, AND I am still crap at it
You just have to operate on a no English policy, if you really want to learn that. I had a horrible German language teacher initially, killed any interest though sadly I needed it in later life.

Dutch pronunciation isn't so difficult, here is a good test for you Schiermonnikoog.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 01-11-2011, 09:54 AM   #4990
country flag Betty

Betty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond repute

buisness class?

look like the economic one i use for to trip
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 163430_489932046025_64822581025_6165538_4801749_n.jpg (90.5 KB, 19 views)
2011=w/Corey F.:Auckland SF -Zagreb F -Wimbledon QF w/Dupuis2006 Nottingham W- w/acionescu Atlanta F
2010=w/Corey F. -Auckland F - w/Boarder35mNewport F -Tokyo F - w/acionescu Manerbio ch F-
2009 : (w/Corey F.) Washington W - Cordoba / Pozoblanco W - (w/Boarder35m)-Bordeaux W
TT Single 2012 O.G. SF Dubai W -Atlanta W Casablanca F 2011 Rabat , Metz F-Los Angeles W;2009 Todi ; Bergamo W -Wimbledon F -Karlsruhe F -Estoril SF;2008 = Tunica R., A.Seville SF

FORZA INTER
Betty is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-11-2011, 10:13 AM   #4991
country flag MariaV

So Snoo went to California or smth? To escape from the cold?
Old 01-11-2011, 10:18 AM   #4992
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Thanks for that Maria, well all know Nieminen is a man of the people.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 01-11-2011, 10:38 AM   #4993
country flag MariaV

Quote:
Thanks for that Maria, well all know Nieminen is a man of the people.
I'm just so glad he is appreciated. He certainly deserves it.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:48 AM   #4994
country flag <Eve>
♥ bokehlicious ♥

<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
All those words are a variety on a theme, Eve.

From my Dutch to English Van Dale dictionary:
Knurft (de (m)):
nitwit, nincompoop, blockhead, fathead; (BE also) nit, wally, (AE also) nerd.
yeh, she used it to me as in nerd
and kazakkendraaier totally unknown for me, dont think we have a dutch word for it.

Quote:
I know the words "mazzel" and "mazzelaar" from Dutch tv but I didn't know "mazzelpik". A boy or a man will sometimes refer to his "pik" here but I'm guessing it's not the same pik we're talking about.
geluk zak
mazzel pik

kinda same direction no

Quote:
He seems to be picking it up fast. His knowledge of German does seem to help quite a bit.
Quote:
Dutch pronunciation isn't so difficult, here is a good test for you Schiermonnikoog.
when saying Grolsch he already sounds more Dutch than German, I think Schiermonnikoog wouldnt be a problem actually

-

Hilde did you know this, i like it -> why it's so difficult to learn Dutch
Old 01-11-2011, 11:05 AM   #4995
country flag Castafiore

Quote:
Hilde did you know this, i like it -> why it's so difficult to learn Dutch
I haven't seen it before, thanks. Some of those grammar rules suck big time for making zero sense.
Closed Thread