When will MTF finally upgrade to a new version of vbulletin - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-23-2014, 03:33 AM   #1
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute
Default When will MTF finally upgrade to a new version of vbulletin

Vbulletin 5 is out now, yet this site is still stuck on a version in the 3's.

It's buggy as hell, and there's glitches every single day. VS need to get it together and upgrade.

• Djokovic
  • Murray
  • Janowicz
  • Del Potro
  • Tiafoe
  • Kyrgios
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2014, 04:17 AM   #2
country flag Illusive Man

Illusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When will MTF finally upgrade to a new version of vbulletin

I just checked, I'm pretty sure that even Stormfront has a greater commitment to using updated software. There, I said it. We're bigger mugs than white supremacists

(I do not endorse Stormfront in any way shape or form. The fact that they exist is a sad commentary on this society. But they have a better UI than MTF)

Tier 1: Fish, Kuznetsov, Donskoy, Kyrgios, Vesely, Thiem, Coric

Tier 2: All other young players (We need a new generation of players!)

Tier 3: Carreno, Pella, Struff, Janowicz, Goffin
Illusive Man is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:14 AM   #3
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

You mean to say there's a way out of [SCREW] [/UNSCREW] modus operandi of MTF? If we can get rid of that, will a big improvement, IMO, not to mention the time wasting that goes when you have to edit repeatedly given your word or image fell between the codes while copy pasting such as [S[Image mistakenly inserted here]CREW] [/UNSCREW]. Similarly, no Auto-Quotes for the posters. If a poster's quotes are broken into bits for discourse, the repeats don't auto insert the posters name, but are quoted without poster information.

That is one of the things to be simplified. Another is:

Auto page update. Something that doesn't need the user to keep refreshing the page in order to get the latest posts. If the limit is set to 15 posts per page or even 30 if people want it, once the post count exceeds whatever limit set for a page, it should by itself start filling in the next page(s) instead of the user refreshing the page ad infinitum. This lets the user focus on what he's reading and know at the same time, how far the subject under conversation is going without him having to refresh the page to see how many more posts have been made. A bit like Comment sections on newspages auto update by themeselves. Except here, instead of having all the information on the same page, after every 15/30 posts, the information updates on the next page.

IMHO of course.
“What a fate: to be condemned to work for a firm where the slightest negligence at once gave rise to the gravest suspicion! Were all the employees nothing but a bunch of scoundrels, was there not among them one single loyal devoted man who, had he wasted only an hour or so of the firm's time in the morning, was so tormented by conscience as to be driven out of his mind and actually incapable of leaving his bed?”
- G.S; before his inevitable demise

Last edited by Roger the Dodger : 08-23-2014 at 08:16 AM.
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:50 AM   #4
country flag nevenez

nevenez has a reputation beyond reputenevenez has a reputation beyond reputenevenez has a reputation beyond reputenevenez has a reputation beyond reputenevenez has a reputation beyond reputenevenez has a reputation beyond reputenevenez has a reputation beyond reputenevenez has a reputation beyond reputenevenez has a reputation beyond reputenevenez has a reputation beyond reputenevenez has a reputation beyond repute

They don't have (Or want) to spend money.
nevenez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:11 AM   #5
country flag BringBakTehGrass

BringBakTehGrass has a reputation beyond reputeBringBakTehGrass has a reputation beyond reputeBringBakTehGrass has a reputation beyond reputeBringBakTehGrass has a reputation beyond reputeBringBakTehGrass has a reputation beyond reputeBringBakTehGrass has a reputation beyond reputeBringBakTehGrass has a reputation beyond reputeBringBakTehGrass has a reputation beyond reputeBringBakTehGrass has a reputation beyond reputeBringBakTehGrass has a reputation beyond reputeBringBakTehGrass has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know whether more recent versions of vBulletin can do this, but it would be nice to have a size limit on pictures so people can't break threads with their ginormous pics (happens quite regularly).

B. Borg ~ R. Federer ~ R. Nadal ~ P. Sampras ~ R. Laver
S. Wawrinka ~ K. Nishikori ~ G. Dimitrov ~ D. Thiem ~ N. Kyrgios ~ A. Zverev
BringBakTehGrass is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:26 AM   #6
country flag Cloren

Cloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBakTehGrass View Post
I don't know whether more recent versions of vBulletin can do this, but it would be nice to have a size limit on pictures so people can't break threads with their ginormous pics (happens quite regularly).
Spoiler tags would solve this problem as well. which is something I wish this forum will have one day.
Cloren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:53 AM   #7
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevenez View Post
They don't have (Or want) to spend money.
The company that owns MTF makes a shit ton of money through VIP memberships and advertisements...

• Djokovic
  • Murray
  • Janowicz
  • Del Potro
  • Tiafoe
  • Kyrgios
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:59 AM   #8
country flag BlackeyeVuk

BlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloren View Post
Spoiler tags would solve this problem as well. which is something I wish this forum will have one day.
Ask Administration why spoilers are not available. Im sure this vBulletin is more then enough for this forum.

However, Germans have best by far forum software out there. My 10+ y. exp talking.

"Deus Renatus Invictus Exterminatus"
BlackeyeVuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:10 PM   #9
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

For the ginormous pics, they have to create a default max-size so that anything larger than the width of 800 pixels is autosized to fit the monitor.
“What a fate: to be condemned to work for a firm where the slightest negligence at once gave rise to the gravest suspicion! Were all the employees nothing but a bunch of scoundrels, was there not among them one single loyal devoted man who, had he wasted only an hour or so of the firm's time in the morning, was so tormented by conscience as to be driven out of his mind and actually incapable of leaving his bed?”
- G.S; before his inevitable demise
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:53 PM   #10
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

The woeful software is part of MTF's charm. Not to mention upgrading it would clash with the post quality it produces.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:03 PM   #11
country flag Joey Tribbiani

Joey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond repute

Probably in 2050.

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

302 weeks #1 - 6 WTFs

World #2 at 33 years. Davis Cup winner while injured.

UNDISPUTED G.O.A.T.
Joey Tribbiani is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:43 AM   #12
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
The woeful software is part of MTF's charm. Not to mention upgrading it would clash with the post quality it produces.
lent jai you do have a way with words
Old 08-24-2014, 05:42 PM   #13
country flag Htom Sirveaux

Htom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBakTehGrass View Post
I've had this happen occasionally but it's actually quite rare compared to the Murraytard who breaks the page for tablet viewing with every single post he makes thanks to his sig's massive block of rainbow text.
Htom Sirveaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:05 PM   #14
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking this, even my local football team (bristol City) has a tiny forum with a far superior software to this shithole

when was it last updated? has it ever been?
I look at Cameron and I see a walking void, not just sans morality, but sans vision, sans hope, sans thought. He's a grasping, hungry nothing clad in a suit. There's not even a will to power there, he lacks the blood-lust of a true Tory that at least marks them out as living creatures. The final execrable product of the machine-production of politicans for the media age. A hologram reading lines scripted by committee. A golem running on tabloid instructions. A focus-grouped ghost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamvol View Post
but of course in terms of tennis IQ the difference between Murray and Berdych is comparable to a nobel prize winning physicist and a door.
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:44 PM   #15
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
when was it last updated? has it ever been?
I'd say around 2007 or 2008, maybe some minor change later, but that's (probably) it.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote