down under 2011 is even earlier this year lol - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-18-2011, 09:02 AM   #61
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: down under 2011 is even earlier this year lol

it sucks Arno was 2 sets up now Seppi is coming back winning the third I don't like this kind of matches If it goes in five i'm worried for the old body

2 sets all. he looks done now he struggles in each game. Pity he was pretty close from a win in the third at 5-5

Last edited by soulage : 01-18-2011 at 09:33 AM.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2011, 11:32 AM   #62
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

63/62/57/36/26
it's the kind of losses which are tough to recover in your mind . I just have an eye on the score during third and fourth set and he was well dominated by Seppi. Anyway it's a cruel loss he loves GS so much and can have regrets on the third set where he broke back one time. The stats shows that he has not the serve of Isner 5 aces for 8 DF and only 65% behind first serve. He has doubles tomorrow but Jeremy is in a poor form.

He doesn't look to play so poorly but not enough for interesting wins on tour . He has still the level to be between 75# and 150# that's sure but is it enough to be happy on court . The indoor season or spring will be interesting to see his motivation . I'd prefer to see him winning some matches even on challengers than losing in first round of all next 250 and the Lapentti retirement is official since today, our veterans are leaving us .
Old 01-18-2011, 01:57 PM   #63
country flag kukka

kukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Arnaud... That was a close match against Seppi.

Elina

Allez! Nicolas Escudé Jérôme Haehnel Arnaud Clément Sébastien Grosjean Thierry Ascione Olivier Mutis Julien Varlet

C'mon! Lleyton Hewitt Mark Philippoussis Todd Reid

¡Vamos! Juan Carlos Ferrero Rafael Nadal

Yippee! Jan-Michael Gambill Graydon Oliver

Come on! Gustavo Kuerten Tim Henman

Wow! Patrick Rafter Wayne Ferreira
kukka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:46 PM   #64
country flag soulage

He's not so mad of that loss I though he would have break rackets

Quote:
Arnaud Clement: "I'm really pleased"
Loses against Andreas Seppi 3 / 6, 2 / 6, 7 / 5, 6 / 3, 6 / 2
"I played a very good level. He has shrugged his level and was above me in the last three sets. I can maybe do a little better at times. But overall he was better than me. I took 6 /3, 6 /2 in the last two sets with a sense of play very well. I'm really pleased. After if I take 2 and 3 in the next tournaments with a sense of play well every time, I would ask myself questions. But then, I'm not in a hurry. I honestly think that if I have this level of play, I would not be worried about my ranking of year-end . Here, I'll play Challenger tournaments and qualifying ATP tournaments . But I only play Challenger in France, as in Quimper and the Gosier Guadeloupe. There, after the double here with Jeremy Chardy, go to Zagreb, Quimper and Marseille. "
Quote:
Clement: "Nothing against me"
Arnaud Clement beaten (3-6, 2-6, 7-5, 6-3, 6-2) by Andreas Seppi: "I had a good level of play this has not been played for the endurance He simply raised his level of play I have nothing to reproach myself, I tried to vary in amount to the net more, but he found the answer each time. If I had taken three 6-2, I would ask myself questions. But here I still hang on.
As he can be tough with him i think he's OK with his level of play. He's kind to recognise the good level of his opponent But for me it's a cruel loss We want wins Pity for Kezzi but it looks he won't play Rotterdam.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:31 PM   #65
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

We can be worried...he lost in 5 sets after winning 2 first ones, and he's not mad, not disapointed, even quite satisfied...it's not good
I can't believe a player can be not angry after losing like that.
I am angry for him

Seriously, if Arnaud beginns to say it's "a good defeat" in grand slams, against players like Seppi, we can doubt about his ambition.
The result = he lost at first round, that's all, and not against fed/rafa/djoko...

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:35 PM   #66
country flag soulage

Yes strange reaction by Arno If he played well and lost to Seppi that's not a good news but it's nice if he's not mad and took some pleasure on court even if for us it's just another stupid loss If losses continue we should soon see coming back the dark side of Arno At 33 the ambition is surely to take pleasure and play GS or French tournaments but to play GS he will need some points

Jeremy is really depressed those days so not easy but Arno can try to give him smile on court
Old 01-18-2011, 07:20 PM   #67
country flag teem

teem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
We can be worried...he lost in 5 sets after winning 2 first ones, and he's not mad, not disapointed, even quite satisfied...it's not good
I am angry for him

Seriously, if Arnaud beginns to say it's "a good defeat" in grand slams, against players like Seppi, we can doubt about his ambition.
The result = he lost at first round, that's all, and not against fed/rafa/djoko...
ohohoh what reaction you have ! A tennisman knows more what he have to think about his game than anybodyelse ! he's not a looser but someone very "lucide". Don't worry ! I just hope he could be there in the next davis cups' team.
sorry again for my english !
teem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:20 PM   #68
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
As he can be tough with him i think he's OK with his level of play. He's kind to recognise the good level of his opponent But for me it's a cruel loss We want wins Pity for Kezzi but it looks he won't play Rotterdam.
I like his reaction. If he says he tried different things and Seppi just had the answer every time, there's not much else for him to do. I'm happy he's not angry, if he's satisfied with his level, who are we to complain? Not many can go on like this at his age.

I am very disappointed he won't come to Rotterdam. I'm calling my friend tomorrow and see if his offer to come to Marseille still stands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teem View Post
ohohoh what reaction you have ! A tennisman knows more what he have to think about his game than anybodyelse ! he's not a looser but someone very "lucide". Don't worry ! I just hope he could be there in the next davis cups' team.
sorry again for my english !
And don't worry about your English, it's fine.
I hope to too! I'm seriously thinking of going if he plays, I'm infected with the Davis Cup virus after Belgrade.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:34 PM   #69
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
63/62/57/36/26
it's the kind of losses which are tough to recover in your mind. I just have an eye on the score during third and fourth set and he was well dominated by Seppi. Anyway it's a cruel loss he loves GS so much and can have regrets on the third set where he broke back one time. The stats shows that he has not the serve of Isner 5 aces for 8 DF and only 65% behind first serve. He has doubles tomorrow but Jeremy is in a poor form.

He doesn't look to play so poorly but not enough for interesting wins on tour. He has still the level to be between 75# and 150# that's sure but is it enough to be happy on court . The indoor season or spring will be interesting to see his motivation. I'd prefer to see him winning some matches even on challengers than losing in first round of all next 250 and the Lapentti retirement is official since today, our veterans are leaving us
well girls as you must have guessed, i was courtside watching that match. all that time i would wonder what soulage would think about this and that, as i knew she'd be following the scores

arno started amazingly well while seppi seemed to be still sleeping. it was a very late match the first 2 sets were played in light but as it got dark, seppi managed to lift his game and never looked back. he also played a lot of drop shots which poor old arno couldn't run to very cruel to punish the old legs.

i did actually think that he was playing quite well, his shots were accurate and penetrating, he was running and working very hard. and he wasn't down on himself and by his standards was not too grumpy, only sometimes questioning calls

seppi had a lot of italians cheering for him. unfortunately arno had very few supporters. the usual french team was there at first, guy forget and others, and even mannarino was there, but they all left after 18.30 to have dinner i suppose. guy gave him a big sign of encouragement as he left, well i suppose they thought he had the upper hand and left in hope! and then nico escude and a friend that i didn't recognise took over the supporting role. poor escude looked even colder than me at the end he's totally wrapped up in white and not making any noise.

Quote:
He's not so mad of that loss I though he would have break rackets

Quote:
I am angry for him

yes i can attest that he's not mad after his loss, because he even smiled at me as he left!!!!! which had never happened after a loss that i had witnessed before, trust me. he's disappointed of course but not totally unhappy so i'm not surprised at what he said after the match. i have to agree that at least he played better than what i saw last year. or maybe james blake always makes him look bad if only he can play at this level the next few months, he can still make some progress at the qualifiers and challengers, i think. if not then he really has to evaluate his options. seriously looking at finding a regular doubles partner, for example, if he wants to play on.

myself of course i wanted him to win, i think i was more down than he was (and very cold and hungry and tired)
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:43 PM   #70
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

no one wants to know about the doubles? they won

if anyone still remembers the french girl A-C was there with me, she's travelling in aus and i managed to make her watch arno for the first time in 3 years or something like that. and made her yell 'allez les gars' for me as her french sounded so much better

a much happier and warmer day, i hope arno had enjoyed it. it's much easier in doubles, he doesn't have to huff and puff so much. jeremy did all the 'big' serving (tho arno wasn't that bad) and he listened to arno like a good school boy
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:56 AM   #71
country flag Fat Camel

Fat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond repute

I like Tsonga, but i can't watch his game with Seppi, cause every time Andreas wins a point i start to cruel myself that Arnaud could be there and Tsonga isn't in a very good form now etc...

Bad thing Clement hadn't very difficult draws first 3 tournaments, this luck won't happen for good
Fat Camel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:17 AM   #72
country flag Fat Camel

Fat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond repute

Via, did Arnaud have any chances in the 3rd set, or Seppi controlled his serve?
Thanks for report)

Last edited by Fat Camel : 01-20-2011 at 05:19 AM.
Fat Camel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:01 AM   #73
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Via for ur report !!!
U're so unlucky....
I have a question...u said "cold"...it's a joke ???? lol

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:38 AM   #74
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
no one wants to know about the doubles? they won

if anyone still remembers the french girl A-C was there with me, she's travelling in aus and i managed to make her watch arno for the first time in 3 years or something like that. and made her yell 'allez les gars' for me as her french sounded so much better

a much happier and warmer day, i hope arno had enjoyed it. it's much easier in doubles, he doesn't have to huff and puff so much. jeremy did all the 'big' serving (tho arno wasn't that bad) and he listened to arno like a good school boy
I saw it yesterday on my AO app, but didn't bother posting from my phone.

I think A-C was in Rotterdam a few years ago too, but I found out when the tournament was already over. Never interacted with her on her, but it's nice that you had someone cheering with you.

Thanks for the report on the matches. I heard about the Seppi match that Arnaud was being his usual self complaining about a train/audience/ballkids, but I don't really read that in your report. Maybe the person who told me this was exaggerating, like most non-Arnaud fans do when it comes to his behavior.

Quote:
Thank you Via for ur report !!!
U're so unlucky....
I have a question...u said "cold"...it's a joke ???? lol
I don't think it's a joke... I guess it just cools down a lot at night, that happens in more countries during summer. Hot during the day, cold at night, no?
Old 01-20-2011, 10:39 AM   #75
country flag Kezzi

Looks like we're really going to Marseille.