down under 2011 is even earlier this year lol - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-07-2011, 05:47 AM   #31
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: down under 2011 is even earlier this year lol

he gets last WC http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/news/arti...last-wildcard/ . This palmer really loves Arno

Popular Frenchman Arnaud Clement has been given the last wildcard into the main draw of the Heineken Open tennis tournament beginning on Monday.

Clement proved a hit with the Auckland crowd 12 months ago during a run that took him to the final, where he lost to American John Isner after having held match point.

"A lot of people have asked if Arnaud is coming back and he is," tournament director Richard Palmer said today.

"He did a lot for the tournament and he is going to bring something extra this time as well."

A former Australian Open finalist who has a career-high ranking of 10, the 33-year-old Clement started the new season at 78.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2011, 07:24 AM   #32
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

ahhh thanks for the news... not that i enjoy bragging about this, but it's just what i expected. of course soderling playing well in brisbane also helps to spare that wildcard.

i was at the sydney tennis today so i already knew there's no arnaud or his pal florent serra. there's benneteau, chardy practising with someone i don't recognise, and simon with gasquet. in other words, all the 'wrong' frenchies for me
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:22 AM   #33
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

For me Benneteau and Simon would be great. Maybe you can question Chardy about his partnership with Arnaud.
Indeed looks like this Palmer loves Arnaud, he should join us at the forum here.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:26 PM   #34
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

The qualy draw of Auckland is not so high it may have been could to play some qualy matches there. Now he can play Nalbandian in his first match
Reading Palmer is great, it's rare to see a tournament director outside France so enthusiastic with Arno. Arno the crowd favorite http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news...ectid=10698502

Adrian and Flo are in the qualy draw. The field in Sydney qualies is better so we can understand why the group is in NZ. Without a coach they are at least together even if they are missing Via
Old 01-07-2011, 10:02 PM   #35
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

the kiwis is a rare breed, they catch 'arno fever' 10 years after the world did. and the rest of the world have moved on

seriously i agree there isn't another tournament outside of france that still loves him so much. even french tourneys are giving out wild cards to younger guys.

the qualies in sydney is really strong. unfortunately there's something happening at home so i'm still sitting at the computer as i speak

ok just so that i don't just laugh at the kiwis... the sydney tournament still has a huge banner of nalbandian outside the centre court

Last edited by Via : 01-07-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:26 AM   #36
country flag soulage

Malisse first round, Malisse is in semi in Chennai so he's in good shape. Tough for Arno no doubles.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:48 AM   #37
country flag Via

everyone looks tough for poor old arno

berankis his conqueror in brisbane lost in qualies in sydney today. he too could've gone to auckland
Old 01-08-2011, 11:36 PM   #38
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
i know one has to be realistic, but giving up on the points before the tournament even starts is so negative

he does sound like he needs another few weeks of holiday... i don't think i'll run into him in a good mood
I forgot to quote this post and your positive point of view. Read it on my phone, MTF is horrible when you try to reply on a mobile device.

On a more serious note, I hope you get to see him in a good mood.
Which tournaments are you visiting? I'm always so confused with all the tournaments in the beginning of the season. I'm guessing Sydney and AO, right?
Old 01-09-2011, 12:59 PM   #39
country flag Fat Camel

Fat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond repute

Malisse looks tired in the last set against Wawrinka and he's not so young also. But that's again only hope...
Fat Camel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:16 PM   #40
country flag Via

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
I forgot to quote this post and your positive point of view. Read it on my phone, MTF is horrible when you try to reply on a mobile device.

On a more serious note, I hope you get to see him in a good mood.
Which tournaments are you visiting? I'm always so confused with all the tournaments in the beginning of the season. I'm guessing Sydney and AO, right?
we should praise ourselves more on this forum, since there's not much positive with arno these days, only occasionally like his davis cup final win.

you're absolutely right, i think i'm more confused with the tournaments you're going to than the other way round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Camel View Post
Malisse looks tired in the last set against Wawrinka and he's not so young also. But that's again only hope...
if malisse doesn't pull out, yes i think arno has a chance against him now.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:35 AM   #41
country flag Via

arno will play on centre court on tuesday, along with his pal adrian who has qualified and drawn a seed.

let's hope they won't again lose on the same day and on the same court

i seem to be posting a lot lately, but i'll be off to melbourne in a few days, and i don't think i'll like posting on my nokia phone
Old 01-10-2011, 06:12 PM   #42
country flag soulage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
everyone looks tough for poor old arno
Yes that's cruel but he can still have a shot on one tournament we just to wait the good one
Old 01-11-2011, 10:22 AM   #43
country flag Via

46 62 75

malisse ran out of gas first

is auckland going to be the lucky tourney again??

.... ahhaha arno will play adrian tmr, who'd have thought?

Last edited by Via : 01-11-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:31 AM   #44
country flag Fat Camel

Fat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond repute

Good job, Arnaud! Clement again stops Malisse, who is in a good shape. Remember AO 2007? when after winning two titles Malisse got Arnaud in the first round and also lost4:6;6:2;7:5 now.
Mannarino next.
Fat Camel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #45
country flag Kezzi

Allez Arnaud!!