down under 2010 starts early! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-28-2009, 11:50 PM   #1
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute
Default down under 2010 starts early!

i'll take possession of this thread

according to news source (i.e. soulage) arnaud should now be in brisbane. he's probably one of the earliest to arrive, apart from the locals and ana ivanovic (who's spent xmas with her bf here). it may be raining there today so he can take some rest lol
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2009, 02:07 PM   #2
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: down under 2010 starts early!

Maybe that's why he arrived early, so he can have a holiday longer than a week after all.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:21 PM   #3
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

You know many of the frenchies was flying to Brisbane around the 26. They need time for the acclimation. I'm sure there is already a lot of players maybe not in Brisbane but in australia enough to celebrate the new year. I hope he will make the cut for doubles on site even if Hanley is not very good but it's funny to see him with foreigners.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:14 AM   #4
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
You know many of the frenchies was flying to Brisbane around the 26. They need time for the acclimation. I'm sure there is already a lot of players maybe not in Brisbane but in australia enough to celebrate the new year. I hope he will make the cut for doubles on site even if Hanley is not very good but it's funny to see him with foreigners.
acclimatisation(?) is a good idea, activities such as swimming, sunbathing, clubbing etc will definitely prepare one for the hot summer

i've just found out that we'll get brisbane on free tv from day 1 (monday). how very nice of them!
Old 01-01-2010, 09:29 AM   #5
country flag Via

arno has entered sydney's doubles with another partner
Quote:
8 CLEMENT, Arnaud 72 63 ERLICH, Jonathan 190 - 8 S+P 71
i hope this means he has made plans to come to sydney for the qualifying... or better still, getting into the main draw without.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:51 PM   #6
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
arno has entered sydney's doubles with another partner

i hope this means he has made plans to come to sydney for the qualifying... or better still, getting into the main draw without.
I hope so too!
Old 01-01-2010, 02:35 PM   #7
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Mika with Ram and Arno with Erlich an exchange lol. Someone in the doubles forum said at the end of 2009 that Erlich was planed to team up with arno so maybe they will also team up together for AO. Then Erlich will have no more protected ranked entry so it will impossible as it must remain him 2 or 3 protected entry. As arno plays more and more with foreigners his english will improve fastly lol
Old 01-02-2010, 06:58 AM   #8
country flag Via

brisbane's draw is out. can someone please tell me this opponent is not so dangerous lol

Quote:
CLEMENT, Arnaud (FRA) vs ODESNIK, Wayne (USA)
arno with improving english is certainly good news i can't wait to be surprised and amused!

btw this is the 10th anniversary of my discovery of this player ... can't believe we both last this long
Old 01-02-2010, 09:15 AM   #9
country flag soulage

It was not the most dangerous in the draw for sure lol but wait to see how Arno feels under the sun. He missed the cut for doubles so Hanley finally plays with Bellucci. Few words on lequipe.fr about the surprises in AO Arno found there is less now but sometimes there is something to do it depends of the winter prepation but he remembers that last year there was nothing to do against verdasco lol

Quote:
Clément : «De moins en moins de surprises»
Arnaud Clément : départ le 28 décembre pour Brisbane, 11 participations à Open d'Australie, finaliste en 2001 en simple et en 2008 en double
«Je trouve qu'il y a de moins en moins de surprises. Mais c'est vrai qu'il y a toujours des gars plus inattendus. Cela dépend des préparations hivernales, mais il y a aussi des joueurs qui arrivent à se mettre dans le rythme des matches plus vite que d'autres. Il y a souvent des coups à faire là-bas, mais l'an dernier, j'ai joué contre Verdasco et il n'y avait rien à faire (rires).»

Last edited by soulage : 01-02-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:21 AM   #10
country flag Via

he's now scheduled to play on monday, court 1 second match. it's highly unlikely that it'll be shown on tv here, given that dokic will be battling ivanovic on centre court at the same time but it's a nice larger court with cover, so this arno is still commanding some respect at brisbane.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #11
country flag soulage

A roof on court 1 also ? it's nice because the forecast seems really bad for all the week. They have
Old 01-03-2010, 11:55 PM   #12
country flag Via

i don't think it's a roof, i remember it as something like a canvas cover, mainly to protect from heat and sun. don't know if it's any use in the rain!

the centre court does have a fixed roof, it's almost like indoors. it's the newest tennis centre in aus so i suppose that's the latest design to suit aus weather lol

play is underway as i type
Old 01-04-2010, 06:44 AM   #13
country flag Via

it's 64 76(2) to odesnik

are we seeing the summer time arno, not the autumn one? i have no idea
Old 01-04-2010, 07:37 AM   #14
country flag soulage

Yes bad start because he will not have always this kind of draw. I looked at the stats and arno should have won the second set as he clearly dominates but he missed the tie-break well we have to wait one week now to see if he can wake up.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:24 PM   #15
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

awwww no... the good autumn was just anecdotic ???

How is it possible to play as well in november/december and as badly (I assume he played cr... ) 3 weeks later ?

Via I hope you will see the good arnaud in melbourne !

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote