Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011 - Page 60 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-02-2011, 08:11 AM   #886
country flag Boarder35m

Boarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
I can't find the draw/OOP for Newport qualies.

Two players have sent me picks, but I don't see where they got the OOP from. Only 8 and a half hours till play begins
I have the same problems with Scheveningen challenger.
Luckily they can be found on their homepage though

If anybody know the correct ATP link to the draw/OOP for Scheveningen qualies please post it here.
Boarder35m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #887
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

I missed a team from the Newport entry list.

One of the seeded teams has a bye in the qualie draw, should I replace the bye with the missed team?
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #888
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I missed a team from the Newport entry list.

One of the seeded teams has a bye in the qualie draw, should I replace the bye with the missed team?
Huh? This is not possible right? First round is played today and the first seeded team expected to have a bye for today. You can't change that anymore. Can't you place them as an Alt?
rvugt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:10 AM   #889
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvugt View Post
Huh? This is not possible right? First round is played today and the first seeded team expected to have a bye for today. You can't change that anymore. Can't you place them as an Alt?
One of them sent late anyway.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #890
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

I'm not managing Tzar in any more tournaments.

If that's an issue, then I'm just going to stop managing tournaments completely. He should have been reprimanded before now for his behaviour toward TT managers, and as far as I'm aware he hasn't been. I'm done with him now. Enough.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:31 PM   #891
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not able to manage Los Angeles anymore because of work travel. Can anyone manage this tournament?
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:33 PM   #892
country flag Tzar

Tzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If that's an issue, then I'm just going to stop managing tournaments completely. He should have been reprimanded before now for his behaviour toward TT managers, and as far as I'm aware he hasn't been. I'm done with him now. Enough.
Stop screwing up and I'll have nothing to complain about.

It's quite simple.

I know it wasn't your fault that the ATP fucked up, but as a manager is your responsibility to adjust the schedule so it works out without inconveniences.

Yes, you asked the board, got no response, which is understandable since everything happened so quick and with little notice, but you should've taken precautions and moved everything til sunday.. Yes, a little more messy, more work , but it would've been better for everyone.

You didn't. what was the result? Over 10 players didn't send because of it. I'm sorry I'm not willing to stick my tongue in my ass and nod blissfully as I see managers fuck up again and again. Yes, I like to speak up, because I believe shit should be done the right way. I posted SEVERAL hours, at 1-2AM ET to warn you about what was going on - as I assumed you were probably sleeping European time, but giving you an Idea to fix it yet decided to go ahead, publish the OOP, which led to many players/teams not sending picks and losing.

Maybe the way I say things is a little harsh, but I'm not the type of person to just sit and agree when I know things are not okay.

THANK YOUUUUU

TennisTipping - 2011 COMEBACK.
Doubles: 15.
W: Los Angeles 09', Kuala Lumpur 09', Basel 09', Houston 10', Memphis 11', Belgrade 11'
Tzar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:43 PM   #893
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Me too, as I said I have a black list, I know I'm not the best manager, but always try to give my best and don't forger managers don't receive salary or any other bonuses, they only do it to keep alive games, don't forget that they have life outside forum, family, work and daily routines like anyone else, so please be patient to them.
I think the board should warn Tzar and if he continue his behaviour to ban him from Tennis Tipping
I'm supporting Linda and I will also do not like Tzar to play tournaments which I manage, maybe with little exceptions like Grand slam and etc.

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 118(Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 94 (Best 70) - Won Sao Paulo, SF Chennai, SF Buenos Aires QF Auckland, QF Houston (with stbanchile)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 10:3 (ATP 1:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:49 PM   #894
country flag Allez-Alejo

Allez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond repute

I used all the time until I finished school and got a real job. Maybe managers should get stipends...depending on how well the tournament runs. ;-). Hey...wimbly ran pretty smoothy.
Doubles: W - US Open(w/orangehat)
Entry - 35(49) Race - 28

Proud supporter of University at Buffalo, Niagara University, Drexel University, Fairport and Kenmore West athletics....and Chelsea FC and Atlanta Braves

Fairport's Angels - Always in our Hearts 6.26.07
Allez-Alejo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:48 PM   #895
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, checking the code of conduct, which is the guideline that is already there, tells me this:

Tzar has a point:
Quote:
2.9 The manager will publish the OOPs as soon as possible, and will attempt to give a window of at least 12 hours for the players to send picks.
As it wasn't 12 hours, he could have changed something. But on the other hand, he did post it as soon as possible, which if according to the code. So maybe, if we want we should mention what a manager would have to do when the OOP is published later.

About Tzar:

Quote:
3.4 Players may request OOPs, differences or results before the deadlines mentioned in this code, but must do so politely.

3.7 Players must not personally abuse the manager, their opponents or any fellow player.
To me, his behavior in the thread wasn't polite at all. But well, see for yourself in the following post!
Quote:
You're such a joke l_mac, how could you go through with that OOP, with a 7 hour window, when most people in the US, and america were sleeping. Bullshit. Over 10 players didn't send, you're such a joke, like really?
I would say, what should happen! First time. This is what the code should be used for! Having a general guideline in this!

Quote:
3.11 For an infraction of the code the player will be reported to the TT board and suspended from the current tournament. Provided 3 board members approve, he will be expelled from the current tournament and his opponent given a walkover. The player may continue to send picks while his suspension is considered.

3.13 For a second serious offence, the player will be banned for a period of four weeks from the end of the current tournament. A third offence will receive a ban of 13 weeks, and a fourth a lifetime ban. A lifetime ban would require the assent of 4 board members rather than 3. Punishments may be reduced at the Board's discretion if there are extenuating circumstances.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:55 PM   #896
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

The point 2.9 is impossible for Saturday qualies, usually OOP is ready 8-10 hours before the match begins

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 118(Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 94 (Best 70) - Won Sao Paulo, SF Chennai, SF Buenos Aires QF Auckland, QF Houston (with stbanchile)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 10:3 (ATP 1:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:58 PM   #897
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarto193 View Post
The point 2.9 is impossible for Saturday qualies, usually OOP is ready 8-10 hours before the match begins
I know! But please, before starting to shout all kind of things, look at where people have a point according to the Code! And he had a point there, so that should be changed! But he did insult people, so he should get his first warning!

I know you probably got my point, but I did wanted to put it down once again, to be certain everybody reads it the right way!
Old 07-03-2011, 11:00 PM   #898
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar View Post
Stop screwing up and I'll have nothing to complain about.

It's quite simple.

I know it wasn't your fault that the ATP fucked up, but as a manager is your responsibility to adjust the schedule so it works out without inconveniences.

Yes, you asked the board, got no response, which is understandable since everything happened so quick and with little notice, but you should've taken precautions and moved everything til sunday.. Yes, a little more messy, more work , but it would've been better for everyone.

You didn't. what was the result? Over 10 players didn't send because of it. I'm sorry I'm not willing to stick my tongue in my ass and nod blissfully as I see managers fuck up again and again. Yes, I like to speak up, because I believe shit should be done the right way. I posted SEVERAL hours, at 1-2AM ET to warn you about what was going on - as I assumed you were probably sleeping European time, but giving you an Idea to fix it yet decided to go ahead, publish the OOP, which led to many players/teams not sending picks and losing.

Maybe the way I say things is a little harsh, but I'm not the type of person to just sit and agree when I know things are not okay.

THANK YOUUUUU
There is a way of voicing complaints in a civilized way that doesn't belittle those who make this game run - you've never figured out how to do this. Your comments today crossed the line.

If you know how things *should* be done and are not the type of person to sit back and see things go wrong, then go ahead and manage a tournament and show us all how its done. There's a disconnect between your attitude and rush to call different managers "screw-up's" and your complete lack of involvement in any aspect of managing/organizing this game
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:25 PM   #899
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
There is a way of voicing complaints in a civilized way that doesn't belittle those who make this game run - you've never figured out how to do this. Your comments today crossed the line.

If you know how things *should* be done and are not the type of person to sit back and see things go wrong, then go ahead and manage a tournament and show us all how its done. There's a disconnect between your attitude and rush to call different managers "screw-up's" and your complete lack of involvement in any aspect of managing/organizing this game
I don't think he's allowed to manage tournaments, due to past concerns.

I have no problem with people being upset about not having enough time to send picks. Two other players aired grievances on the thread and I'm not refusing to manage any tournaments they play in. It was far from ideal circumstances. Players had already started sending for Newport when I finally found the draw. There were still nearly 8 hours to send, which is not a lot but not completely unheard of. I had 3 rounds of qualifying to get through, and I did what I thought was for the best. Many players on US time managed to send. I had about 12/13 sets of missing picks for qualies, from about 46-48 players. Last year Newport had 9 sets of missing picks, but from 36-38 players.

The issue is with Tzar and how he behaves, and has always behaved, with regard to TT.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:26 PM   #900
country flag CoolyBri

CoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond repute

In Oberstaufen I did not receive picks from kingroger.
He said he sent them and his doubles partner posted a sceenshot proving that. I actually have no idea where they might've been gone - they are not in my inbox.

kingroger would've lost in singles anyway (and so did the LL who replaced him).
But he is still in doubles (obviously today was the first day of a 2-day-round R1). Can I accept the picks?
CoolyBri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote