Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011 - Page 54 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-29-2011, 08:30 AM   #796
country flag Taz Warrior

Taz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarder35m View Post

Does the same apply to stbanchile?
He was in the original entry list, I put him out of that list on friday because he was still active in RG.
He then asked if he could be ALT for singles
Ah, I didn't realise they were both still in RG on Saturday which means technically according to the rules that they can't play qualifying - I just thought the question was because Gallina had committed after the 2nd deadline. They can both still play doubles though or be a MD alternate.
Taz Warrior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2011, 08:44 AM   #797
country flag Boarder35m

Boarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavnich77 View Post
Ah, I didn't realise they were both still in RG on Saturday which means technically according to the rules that they can't play qualifying - I just thought the question was because Gallina had committed after the 2nd deadline. They can both still play doubles though or be a MD alternate.
This is really complicated.
Originally there were 16 doubles entries and stbanchile and CoolyBri confirmed as ALT after the 2nd deadline.
Because 1 player is still active in RG one doubles team will be taken out of the competition.
Can the ALT team replace this team so that there are still 16 teams, or can the ALT team only enter MD doubles if 1 team doesn´t send?
Boarder35m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:54 AM   #798
country flag Taz Warrior

Taz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarder35m View Post
This is really complicated.
Originally there were 16 doubles entries and stbanchile and CoolyBri confirmed as ALT after the 2nd deadline.
Because 1 player is still active in RG one doubles team will be taken out of the competition.
Can the ALT team replace this team so that there are still 16 teams, or can the ALT team only enter MD doubles if 1 team doesn´t send?

I think they can as long as the draw hasn't been made but I'm really not sure - can anyone else confirm this? Murilo?
Old 05-29-2011, 01:02 PM   #799
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

Please someone to have a look in Rijeka CH, to see that I place the alternatives correct

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 128 (Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 65 (Best 65) - Won Sao Paulo, SF Rome, SF Chennai, SF Buenos Aires, SF Queens (with stbanchile) SF Umag (with kr1s17an) Won : Cordeones CH (with Freak3yman84)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 10:6 (ATP 1:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #800
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

May I have a second opinion please? In Prostejov the #1 in the qualifying list is Dexter, and he asked in the thread whether he would replace jcreback (still at the time in RG) in the Main Draw.

I said No, because jcreback could have lost in RG before the Main Draw was made, and if he won his place would be taken by a Lucky Loser. I said Dexter should play the Qualifiers.

jcreback won, so there is a MD place vacant. Does it go to a LL (as I think) or to Dexter. The MD has not yet been done, so no problem either way.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:13 PM   #801
country flag keqtqiadv
2013 WS CHAMPS

keqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I think they can as long as the draw hasn't been made but I'm really not sure - can anyone else confirm this? Murilo?
Yes, I don't think there's any problem in adding the alternates to the draw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarto193 View Post
Please someone to have a look in Rijeka CH, to see that I place the alternatives correct
Yes, the alt placement is correct now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenoldie View Post
May I have a second opinion please? In Prostejov the #1 in the qualifying list is Dexter, and he asked in the thread whether he would replace jcreback (still at the time in RG) in the Main Draw.

I said No, because jcreback could have lost in RG before the Main Draw was made, and if he won his place would be taken by a Lucky Loser. I said Dexter should play the Qualifiers.

jcreback won, so there is a MD place vacant. Does it go to a LL (as I think) or to Dexter. The MD has not yet been done, so no problem either way.
I think it goes to Dexter.
Quote:
After making the qualifying draw, a vacancy occurs in the main draw. How is the vacancy filled?
If the qualifying competition has begun, the vacancy is filled by the eligible lucky loser. If the qualifying competition has not begun, the vacancy is filled by the next player on the alternate list.
keqtqiadv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:58 PM   #802
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute

back from RG
Labamba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:01 PM   #803
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute

this week

Code:
  Date       Tournament      Surface   Draw(S/QS/D/QD)  Manager

13/06/2011   Eastbourne         G      32/32/16/16      Goldenoldie 
13/06/2011   's-Hertogenbosch   G      32/32/16/16      CoolyBri 
13/06/2011   Milan CH           CL     32/32/16/16      orangehat
Old 05-30-2011, 05:24 PM   #804
country flag Belludal

Belludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond repute

Only a question for the managers.

Picks A:

Murray 6-3 6-4 6-2
Federer 3-0
Djokovic 3-0
Soderling 3-0

Picks B:

Murray 7-6 6-1 6-0
Federer 3-0
Djokovic 3-1
Soderling 3-0

Example of results:

Murray 6-4 6-4 6-4
Federer 3-0
Djokovic 3-2
Soderling 3-0

Who Player wins? Player A on Points or Player B because picked that Djokovic would lose 1 set more than player A?
Old 05-30-2011, 06:54 PM   #805
country flag Colt th magnific

Colt th magnific has a reputation beyond reputeColt th magnific has a reputation beyond reputeColt th magnific has a reputation beyond reputeColt th magnific has a reputation beyond reputeColt th magnific has a reputation beyond reputeColt th magnific has a reputation beyond reputeColt th magnific has a reputation beyond reputeColt th magnific has a reputation beyond reputeColt th magnific has a reputation beyond reputeColt th magnific has a reputation beyond reputeColt th magnific has a reputation beyond repute

Oops, too late for July's tournament
RU : Delray Beach 08, Gstaad 09, Charlottesville CH 11, Marseille 12
Colt th magnific is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:34 PM   #806
country flag keqtqiadv
2013 WS CHAMPS

keqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belludal View Post
Only a question for the managers.

Picks A:

Murray 6-3 6-4 6-2
Federer 3-0
Djokovic 3-0
Soderling 3-0

Picks B:

Murray 7-6 6-1 6-0
Federer 3-0
Djokovic 3-1
Soderling 3-0

Example of results:

Murray 6-4 6-4 6-4
Federer 3-0
Djokovic 3-2
Soderling 3-0

Who Player wins? Player A on Points or Player B because picked that Djokovic would lose 1 set more than player A?
Player A wins on PTS.
keqtqiadv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:00 PM   #807
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

People committing as ALT players - purely based on commitment order, or ranking, or what?
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:15 PM   #808
country flag Taz Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
People committing as ALT players - purely based on commitment order, or ranking, or what?
Order of commitment
Old 05-30-2011, 09:16 PM   #809
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Order of commitment
merci
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:58 PM   #810
country flag Labamba

this week

Code:
  Date       Tournament      Surface   Draw(S/QS/D/QD)  Manager

20/06/2011   Wimbledon S        G      128/128          mmarto193
20/06/2011   Wimbledon D        G      64/64            Boarder35m 
20/06/2011   Guadalajara CH     H      32/16/16/8       abollo