Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011 - Page 48 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-08-2011, 10:40 PM   #706
country flag Belludal

Belludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

I want to advice that i can't be the manager on Rijeka CH because on this week i will be very busy with exams of university!

Sorry TT Board.
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2011, 03:21 AM   #707
country flag Allez-Alejo

Allez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond repute

So...scoobs has informed me that, "there is nothing that can be done," about Tzar and my situation in Rome. He forgot to put us in the entry list. Apparently, we were in line to play qualies. I'm not disputing that fact, but we had not had to qualify for a tournament in at least a year, thus I just assumed me would be playing in the MD again. When I looked at the draw when I was checking my qualy difs for singles, I noticed we weren't included in the entry list. Since we were supposed to be in qualies, I was informed that since Tzar did not send, we were out of luck.

My qualm with this is that I don't feel it should be the player/team's responsibility to make sure they are included in the entry list. In some cases I check, but others, like this past week, I was busy and did not have time, as I knew I'd for sure be playing singles qualies anyway. I know there is no rational way we could be included now, but this is certainly a situation in which I feel wronged, in that I nor my partner did anything wrong. I clearly committed on time and my partner did not send for qualies because he had no idea we were in qualies. I only sent because I was in the singles qualy draw. This type of situation should be looked at...as a previous manager, I do not think it is beyond a manager's duty to make certain every team that committed is included within the entry lists.
Doubles: W - US Open(w/orangehat)
Entry - 35(49) Race - 28

Proud supporter of University at Buffalo, Niagara University, Drexel University, Fairport and Kenmore West athletics....and Chelsea FC and Atlanta Braves

Fairport's Angels - Always in our Hearts 6.26.07
Allez-Alejo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:35 AM   #708
country flag Allez-Alejo

Allez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond repute

Also, for those of you saying all players should always check the entry lists, and that, "you certainly would," please be mindful that people have busy lives and do not always remember to check a tournament a week in advance after they have committed. There are plenty of times I commit for a tournament a day or two after the thread comes out and do not go back to that page until the first day I have to send picks.

Lastly, Tzar wasn't active since Wednesday because we were out of Madrid early. He doesn't usually frequent this site other than for sending picks.
Doubles: W - US Open(w/orangehat)
Entry - 35(49) Race - 28

Proud supporter of University at Buffalo, Niagara University, Drexel University, Fairport and Kenmore West athletics....and Chelsea FC and Atlanta Braves

Fairport's Angels - Always in our Hearts 6.26.07
Allez-Alejo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:49 AM   #709
country flag Tzar

Tzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenoldie View Post
I think Tzar should have checked the main draw entry as well as the qualifying draw entry, I know I would have done.

So that makes it 3-1

Edit: 4-0
I actually did check the Draws and Entrylists and I told Tim on a PM "dude we didn´t commit to Rome WHATHEFUCK." assumign that it was OUR mistake, and that we couldn´t let that happen again.

I thought the manager did his job right, and it was OUR fault, which is why I didn´t send. I mean, why would I? I wasnt in the draw.

Good to know the manager fucked up, and we´re the ones screwed, again. So please I'd appreciate if all the board could reconsider. I can send u the PM cause I did check, it´s not like I was careless about it.

TennisTipping - 2011 COMEBACK.
Doubles: 15.
W: Los Angeles 09', Kuala Lumpur 09', Basel 09', Houston 10', Memphis 11', Belgrade 11'
Tzar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:51 AM   #710
country flag Tzar

Tzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond repute

Also I´ve been in finals and travelling to south america which is why I was confused but it shouldn't matter that we did commit to the tournament. The best solution would be, be alts 1.

Also I have a PR and I could´ve used it to make it to the MD. But since we were never on the El i couldnt have known. I thought the manager was going to update later on, and he didnt-

W: Los Angeles 09', Kuala Lumpur 09', Basel 09', Houston 10', Memphis 11', Belgrade 11'
Old 05-09-2011, 03:58 AM   #711
country flag Tzar

Also this is a Masters 1000 event where we have points to defend so it´s not even fair that we dont get to that. You have to admit the manager FUCKED UP big time. I feel like everytime we got an issue going on, the board sides with the managers, and apply a rule that doesn't exist, to make it smoother for the manager to run the tournament, instead of actually solving the issue and having both parties content. It´s very dissapointing to see that they pretty much don't care. Why would you expect me to send for qualies, if I checked the draws, and the EL and I wasn't on them? We commited a long time ago, (actually tim did) cause I don´t play singles at all, so if I see the draws and El and im not in them, you assume you forgot to commit right? So you wouldn't send, which is why I feel like the argument is not valid.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:02 AM   #712
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangehat View Post
Chris, I think LL order should be determined by shootout first, not PTS.
I thought so too but I checked the FAQ thread and it just says picks, SRs, PTS, doesn't mention shootout...

Can someone advise on this? The FAQ thread just says, on the subject of LL order - picks, SRs, PTS, doesn't mention shootout...
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:28 AM   #713
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
I thought so too but I checked the FAQ thread and it just says picks, SRs, PTS, doesn't mention shootout...

Can someone advise on this? The FAQ thread just says, on the subject of LL order - picks, SRs, PTS, doesn't mention shootout...
I have always regarded Shootout as an "extension" of the SRs method of deciding tie=breaks, and therefore by implication used for deciding between LLs. This is what I have used, but I may have been wrong all this time! It needs a more senior board member who knows the history to comment.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:52 AM   #714
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenoldie View Post
I have always regarded Shootout as an "extension" of the SRs method of deciding tie=breaks, and therefore by implication used for deciding between LLs. This is what I have used, but I may have been wrong all this time! It needs a more senior board member who knows the history to comment.
I have always done the same. I'm pretty sure "SRs" include both SR count and SR shootout.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:54 PM   #715
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

In Fergana , Direnan commit before first deadline, then he wrote out, and now he commit again there, so I think he should be late entry . He was thinking that you can play Fergana or RG quali

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 135 (Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 58 (Best 58) - Won Sao Paulo (with stbanchile), Won Stockholm (with Hellcat)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 11:6 (ATP 2:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:46 AM   #716
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, provided he did not go anywhere else in between, he can re-commit to Fergana as LE.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:03 AM   #717
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond repute

:rolleye: sigh......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar View Post
Also this is a Masters 1000 event where we have points to defend so it´s not even fair that we dont get to that. You have to admit the manager FUCKED UP big time. I feel like everytime we got an issue going on, the board sides with the managers, and apply a rule that doesn't exist, to make it smoother for the manager to run the tournament, instead of actually solving the issue and having both parties content. It´s very dissapointing to see that they pretty much don't care. Why would you expect me to send for qualies, if I checked the draws, and the EL and I wasn't on them? We commited a long time ago, (actually tim did) cause I don´t play singles at all, so if I see the draws and El and im not in them, you assume you forgot to commit right? So you wouldn't send, which is why I feel like the argument is not valid.
rvugt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:07 AM   #718
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez-Alejo View Post
Also, for those of you saying all players should always check the entry lists, and that, "you certainly would," please be mindful that people have busy lives and do not always remember to check a tournament a week in advance after they have committed. There are plenty of times I commit for a tournament a day or two after the thread comes out and do not go back to that page until the first day I have to send picks.

Lastly, Tzar wasn't active since Wednesday because we were out of Madrid early. He doesn't usually frequent this site other than for sending picks.
But i do read in his next post that he send you a message, dude, we didn't commit to rome! And who did say something in the thread? So he did check before the tournament, which is good, but it cross out your point that he didn't check.
rvugt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:48 PM   #719
country flag Belludal

Belludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond repute

Question 1:

On Dusseldorf for example:

If Brazil Team have Belludal, ilovetheblues_86 and Elirj70.

Belludal is the captain and need to on your picks ask who will play singles and who will play doubles.

If Belludal don't ask who will play singles and who will play doubles on this day what the manager need to form matches?

Question 2:

Dusseldorf again => For example:

Brazil Team: Belludal and Elirj70
USA Team: Snoo Foo and Deboogle

On Singles match Belludal will play singles with Deboogle or with Snoo Foo? Elirj70 will play singles with Deboogle or with Snoo Foo? Is the best brazilian on ranking last year vs. second best american on ranking last year and second best brazilian on ranking last year vs. best american on ranking last year?
Old 05-10-2011, 07:14 PM   #720
country flag Tzar

I checked after he posted this, but I had no clue of what had occured. I just checked the thread, the draws, assummed we hadnt committed (we usually commit first week of commitments) aand logged off. Then read this. I think we should atleast be able to keep our ranking points since its like frikin 150 pts.