Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011 - Page 20 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 03-10-2011, 09:10 AM   #286
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 36
Posts: 53,480
scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
But this is a different issue. Maybe the rule should be changed, maybe not, that's something to discuss in the off-season. Right now we're talking about the current rules.

Like I said, I hope Murilo can clarify it. He's the one who wrote the FAQ so he should know best what the rules actually mean.
The sooner this question is settled for once and for all, the better.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-10-2011, 09:17 AM   #287
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 36
Posts: 53,480
scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
So your point is that the managers can't always be available for 9 days of a tournament.. That is correct but why don't you say that to those who would complain about the late differences?
I don't think it should be about how many people complain. Of course people would get frustrated but I think they would all accept the fact that the manager has a real life too and can't be around when the play starts. IMO it should be about what's fair, and not accepting someone's valid picks isn't. Crocodile said he won't be playing anymore because those rules are ruining the game and he has been playing since the early beginnings of tennis tipping. He should be appreciated as a player, and I think that's a bigger problem than a few people complaining about the late differences.
Well we're talking about one group complaining (that the deadline was set earlier than the start of play) vs another group complaining (that the diffs were posted many hours after the start of play)

To my mind, the numbers complaining about late diffs far outnumber those complaining about early deadline.

If 2 players are inconvenienced because the deadline was set at 10, not 11 when play starts, then 2 players are inconvenienced. If the deadline is set at 11 and the manager can't post diffs until 5, in a normal week, 32+ players may be inconvenienced depending on what round the tournament is.

And the 2 players are inconvenienced because they haven't checked the tournament thread for the OOP, or didn't take note of a CLEARLY FLAGGED UP early deadline when they did.

To me this is a no-brainer - the deadline should be when the manager says it needs to be and if that inconveniences a couple of players, that's better than inconveniencing dozens of players who may have to wait a long time to get their diffs
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:24 AM   #288
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!
 
-Evita-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 16,244
-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Well we're talking about one group complaining (that the deadline was set earlier than the start of play) vs another group complaining (that the diffs were posted many hours after the start of play)

To my mind, the numbers complaining about late diffs far outnumber those complaining about early deadline.

If 2 players are inconvenienced because the deadline was set at 10, not 11 when play starts, then 2 players are inconvenienced. If the deadline is set at 11 and the manager can't post diffs until 5, in a normal week, 32+ players may be inconvenienced depending on what round the tournament is.

And the 2 players are inconvenienced because they haven't checked the tournament thread for the OOP, or didn't take note of a CLEARLY FLAGGED UP early deadline when they did.

To me this is a no-brainer - the deadline should be when the manager says it needs to be and if that inconveniences a couple of players, that's better than inconveniencing dozens of players who may have to wait a long time to get their diffs
First of all, not all managers CLEARLY FLAG UP the deadline. For example, just now in IW there was no indication that the deadline was not the same as the official one.

Second of all, I don't think you can compare people complaining about late differences to people complaining they're out of a tournament because their picks are not counted. The first is just an inconvenience, the second is something else entirely.
__________________
한국어 너무 좋아요
-Evita- is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:25 AM   #289
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤
 
Deathless Mortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 30,659
Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Well we're talking about one group complaining (that the deadline was set earlier than the start of play) vs another group complaining (that the diffs were posted many hours after the start of play)

To my mind, the numbers complaining about late diffs far outnumber those complaining about early deadline.

If 2 players are inconvenienced because the deadline was set at 10, not 11 when play starts, then 2 players are inconvenienced. If the deadline is set at 11 and the manager can't post diffs until 5, in a normal week, 32+ players may be inconvenienced depending on what round the tournament is.

And the 2 players are inconvenienced because they haven't checked the tournament thread for the OOP, or didn't take note of a CLEARLY FLAGGED UP early deadline when they did.

To me this is a no-brainer - the deadline should be when the manager says it needs to be and if that inconveniences a couple of players, that's better than inconveniencing dozens of players who may have to wait a long time to get their diffs
Seems like you weren't really reading what I said. It shouldn't be about the number of people. People would complain about the late differences but they wouldn't get out of the tournament because of that. A little bit of patience would be good enough for them. Those '2 players' who haven't send the picks before the deadline set by the managers maybe COULDN'T HAVE BEEN AROUND to see that the manager has indeed set an early deadline, still sending before the 1st point was played but getting disqualified because of that.
__________________

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:41 AM   #290
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 36
Posts: 53,480
scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
First of all, not all managers CLEARLY FLAG UP the deadline. For example, just now in IW there was no indication that the deadline was not the same as the official one.

Second of all, I don't think you can compare people complaining about late differences to people complaining they're out of a tournament because their picks are not counted. The first is just an inconvenience, the second is something else entirely.
Well all managers, in my opinion, should clearly flag up an early deadline, this is what I was told, this is what Labamba did in Hopman Cup. But even if they don't, I don't see why it would be a big deal for people to expect that the manager's deadline is the one that counts.

Secondly, you might say they not comparable but I disagree - to a manager, it's not better to have lots of people complain about very late differences because you couldn't be flexible with the deadline, than it is to have one or two people complain because they needed every minute up until the start of play to send their picks.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:42 AM   #291
country flag <Eve>
♥ bokehlicious ♥
 
<Eve>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Switzerland
Age: 30
Posts: 11,788
<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

I just started managing but would never manage again if it means i couldnt set deadlines an hour or 2 early. I did early deadlines in Kooyong because the original deadline was 3 in the night my time. No one else took Kooyong i believe because of inconvenient time or whatever other reason, so i did it with the idea of early (1 in the night my time) deadline. Picks were all in at time as people read the thread, i didnt have to stay up till 3 AND people have their differences.

For example I wouldn't want to come back from work and then have the stress to get all the diffs in asap, because I'm already 5 hours late, just because there might be 1 person that wasnt at home for 12 hours and wants to send 5 mins before deadline.. I'd do early deadline of an hour or two. If not, no more managing for me. And I think more managers might feel this way.

Also when I play TT, i want to know the differences. What is nice in playing TT if you only know the diffs and outcome when time has come to make new picks. A part of what I like in TT is knowing the differences and rooting for your man.
__________________
.
<Eve> is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:46 AM   #292
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 36
Posts: 53,480
scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
Seems like you weren't really reading what I said. It shouldn't be about the number of people. People would complain about the late differences but they wouldn't get out of the tournament because of that. A little bit of patience would be good enough for them. Those '2 players' who haven't send the picks before the deadline set by the managers maybe COULDN'T HAVE BEEN AROUND to see that the manager has indeed set an early deadline, still sending before the 1st point was played but getting disqualified because of that.
My point here is, let's make this easier for the players is what I'm hearing - they're busy, they don't have time to check the MTF thread, the OOP might not have been posted, blahblahblah. I'm reading you loud and clear. Fine, I'm all for it.

Where I disagree is, the trouble is, then it puts the managers to huge inconvenience for the sake of an extra hour or two's picking time because one or two pickers are having a busy week. The manager is also having a busy week, he can't be around on one day for the start of play, so he has to post the diffs very late and then deal with all the complaining that he'll potentially get from the other players about being a bad manager - and it happens - I've seen it enough times.

There's a code of conduct, which was approved, which that states that the manager will attempt to post diffs within one hour of the start of play, which is something which will no doubt be brought up in these sorts of scenarios if it's much later than 1 hour.

Ultimately the players have one job to do - check the tournament thread for the OOP, and send picks before the deadline in that that OOP.

The manager has a lot more to do to make these things work and I do not support a situation which further burdens the manager by forcing them to a set start time no matter how personally inconvenient this may be for them on a particular day, and then having to deal with the resulting flak from people complaining about late diffs.

For me personally, this is unworkable, since I find at fairly short notice I may not be around for the deadline on any given day, and I don't see why I should have to deal with a lot of complaining about late diffs because I can't be flexible about the schedule and I'll need to consider whether or not it's worth my while to continue managing. I don't do this to get a lot of hassle.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #293
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 36
Posts: 53,480
scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Eve- View Post
I just started managing but would never manage again if it means i couldnt set deadlines an hour or 2 early. I did early deadlines in Kooyong because the original deadline was 3 in the night my time. No one else took Kooyong i believe because of inconvenient time or whatever other reason, so i did it with the idea of early (1 in the night my time) deadline. Picks were all in at time as people read the thread, i didnt have to stay up till 3 AND people have their differences.

For example I wouldn't want to come back from work and then have the stress to get all the diffs in asap, because I'm already 5 hours late, just because there might be 1 person that wasnt at home for 12 hours and wants to send 5 mins before deadline.. I'd do early deadline of an hour or two. If not, no more managing for me. And I think more managers might feel this way.

Also when I play TT, i want to know the differences. What is nice in playing TT if you only know the diffs and outcome when time has come to make new picks. A part of what I like in TT is knowing the differences and rooting for your man.
I agree entirely with this.

Indeed, I would argue that it's hardly worth even playing TT if you don't know as the matches are taking place, who you need to be rooting for and who you need to win or lose, and by what margin - that's the whole fun part of it. Without that it's pretty much just a paper exercise.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:52 AM   #294
country flag FiBeR
Registered User
 
FiBeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: CapFed, Bs. As.
Posts: 28,991
FiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

ideally the manager should stick to the OOP deadline and a different deadline should only be an exception.

Also if the manager can wait for missing players' picks and play hasnt started, then there should be a toleration period until all players send (e.g. Rain delay or if there is SB and women's matches are on, if picks are missing hold on the posting and wait for some late turners)

we seek competition, not walkovers when this could be avoided simply by waiting, especially when it is possible to.
__________________
Entrá a http://batennis.com/

Sorewa ore no Nindou da

6-4 3-6 6-7 7-6 70-68

FiBeR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:55 AM   #295
country flag orangehat
Registered User
 
orangehat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,732
orangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

I personally don't set earlier deadlines (though that is due to a variety of reasons such as I dont post the OOP a lot of the times ).

what we should be looking at now though, is a compromise (because there seems to be a fair bit of discontent and I don't believe this should wait until the off-season).

I propose that early deadlines be accepted, but ONLY up to 1 hour before the first match, and must be CLEARLY indicated (preferably bold, huge font, and in the thread title)
__________________
Tennis Tipping

Singles: (61/10) Finals: 1-5 ATP, 3-1 Challengers
W: Rotterdam '12 F: Monte Carlo '11, Dubai '11, Nice '11, Stockholm '11, Atlanta '12
Slams:1R,3R,3R,QF

Doubles: (9/5) Finals: 3-4 ATP, 8-7 Challengers
W: US Open '12 (w/Allez-Alejo), Bercy '11 (w/ZackBusner), Winston-Salem '12 (w/Betty) F: Atlanta '12 (w/Betty), Eastbourne '11 (w/*Jean*), Stockholm '11 (w/njnetswill), Casablanca '10 (w/Gavnich77)
Slams:2R,3R,QF,W
orangehat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:56 AM   #296
country flag <Eve>
♥ bokehlicious ♥
 
<Eve>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Switzerland
Age: 30
Posts: 11,788
<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiBeR View Post
ideally the manager should stick to the OOP deadline and a different deadline should only be an exception.

Also if the manager can wait for missing players' picks and play hasnt started, then there should be a toleration period until all players send (e.g. Rain delay or if there is SB and women's matches are on, if picks are missing hold on the posting and wait for some late turners)
early deadline is set because you cant be around when play officially starts. and when you have the early deadline you will h ave to post the differences then because unless you are a psychic, you can't know whether there will be a rain delay for 3 hours and might be able to post diffs then....
__________________
.
<Eve> is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:01 AM   #297
country flag Goldenoldie
Registered User
 
Goldenoldie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: No fixed abode
Age: 70
Posts: 9,156
Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

As one of the managers who sets early deadlines, I feel I must contribute.

This is what I asked when starting to manage:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenoldie View Post
I could do Cremona CH, but I may need to make some of the daily deadlines earlier than official start of play. Would that be acceptable?
This was Labamba's response (second item):-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labamba View Post




ok



Nice it is
This is my wording for page 1 in every thread I open.

Picks can be sent in anytime until the beginning of play each day, or in special cases until the deadline set by the manager in order to benefit the majority.

Like scoobs I believe that providing differences is paramount, and if I could not do so until play is nearly finished I would have to consider whether I should be managing.
__________________
M. T. F.
The biggest source of bullshit since cattle were domesticated.
Goldenoldie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:03 AM   #298
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤
 
Deathless Mortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 30,659
Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
My point here is, let's make this easier for the players is what I'm hearing - they're busy, they don't have time to check the MTF thread, the OOP might not have been posted, blahblahblah. I'm reading you loud and clear. Fine, I'm all for it.

Where I disagree is, the trouble is, then it puts the managers to huge inconvenience for the sake of an extra hour or two's picking time because one or two pickers are having a busy week. The manager is also having a busy week, he can't be around on one day for the start of play, so he has to post the diffs very late and then deal with all the complaining that he'll potentially get from the other players about being a bad manager - and it happens - I've seen it enough times.

There's a code of conduct, which was approved, which that states that the manager will attempt to post diffs within one hour of the start of play, which is something which will no doubt be brought up in these sorts of scenarios if it's much later than 1 hour.

Ultimately the players have one job to do - check the tournament thread for the OOP, and send picks before the deadline in that that OOP.

The manager has a lot more to do to make these things work and I do not support a situation which further burdens the manager by forcing them to a set start time no matter how personally inconvenient this may be for them on a particular day, and then having to deal with the resulting flak from people complaining about late diffs.

For me personally, this is unworkable, since I find at fairly short notice I may not be around for the deadline on any given day, and I don't see why I should have to deal with a lot of complaining about late diffs because I can't be flexible about the schedule and I'll need to consider whether or not it's worth my while to continue managing. I don't do this to get a lot of hassle.
Shortened, my point is that no player should get disqualified if he did sent picks before the actual deadline. We obviously won't agree.
Players not getting disqualified >>> Players complaining
At least for the important part of it.
__________________

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:07 AM   #299
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 36
Posts: 53,480
scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
Shortened, my point is that no player should get disqualified if he did sent picks before the actual deadline. We obviously won't agree.
Players not getting disqualified >>> Players complaining
At least for the important part of it.

Shortened, my point is that the manager's deadline should be the one that matters, not the tournament's start of play on the ATP site, and it should be the responsibility of the players to check this every day and adhere to it. If they can't that's too bad for them but that shouldn't be allowed to inconvenience everyone else in the tournament.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:09 AM   #300
country flag orangehat
Registered User
 
orangehat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,732
orangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
Shortened, my point is that no player should get disqualified if he did sent picks before the actual deadline. We obviously won't agree.
Players not getting disqualified >>> Players complaining
At least for the important part of it.
unfortunately that's quite a slippery slope arguement.

so what exactly is the ACTUAL deadline? the OoP time? the time the first ball is struck?
the actual deadline is whatever deadline the manager sets it to be as long as it isnt ridiculous, which is why i proposed up to 1 hour before atp deadline.
__________________
Tennis Tipping

Singles: (61/10) Finals: 1-5 ATP, 3-1 Challengers
W: Rotterdam '12 F: Monte Carlo '11, Dubai '11, Nice '11, Stockholm '11, Atlanta '12
Slams:1R,3R,3R,QF

Doubles: (9/5) Finals: 3-4 ATP, 8-7 Challengers
W: US Open '12 (w/Allez-Alejo), Bercy '11 (w/ZackBusner), Winston-Salem '12 (w/Betty) F: Atlanta '12 (w/Betty), Eastbourne '11 (w/*Jean*), Stockholm '11 (w/njnetswill), Casablanca '10 (w/Gavnich77)
Slams:2R,3R,QF,W
orangehat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios