Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011 - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #241
country flag sdtoot

sdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

Hey thanks for your opinions guys - I will go with a two day Round 1.
sdtoot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2011, 10:54 PM   #242
country flag Boarder35m

Boarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond repute

Le Gosier is a new event without website
Does anybody know when the qualy starts?

Sunrise qualy started on monday last year, should I expect the same for Le Gosier?
Boarder35m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #243
country flag keqtqiadv
2013 WS CHAMPS

keqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarder35m View Post
Le Gosier is a new event without website
Does anybody know when the qualy starts?

Sunrise qualy started on monday last year, should I expect the same for Le Gosier?
I wouldn't count on that I have no idea about the schedule, but the qualifying could easily start on Saturday or Sunday.
keqtqiadv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:17 PM   #244
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Hey,

I have 6 sets of picks missing from IW qualifying R1. Goldenoldie isn't around, so I don't know if some players only sent to him (I know for sure one did because he has qualie diffs for him) I have 6 sets of alt picks. Should I use all 6?

Last edited by l_mac : 03-08-2011 at 06:27 PM.
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:28 PM   #245
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

I think you should wait for Goldenoldie. That's what we have always done and I don't think there was such a rule change this year
Old 03-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #246
country flag Boarder35m

Boarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, the rules say that you have to send to the correct manager, but I think we always gave 1 or 2 day to adjust to a tournament with 2 managers.

If this happens in the QF it would be something different but on the 1st day I would wait for Goldenoldie to tell you that he didn´t receive the picks you are missing
Old 03-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #247
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
I think you should wait for Goldenoldie. That's what we have always done and I don't think there was such a rule change this year
But the rule is if a player doesn't send picks to the manager, they're not valid. Goldenoldie isn't the singles manager. I was the one that posted the OOP, I don't understand why the player failed to send to me

I know for sure that 3 players didn't send any picks (I am one of them ) Should I place the first 3 alts in those spots now?
Old 03-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #248
country flag Boarder35m

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
But the rule is if a player doesn't send picks to the manager, they're not valid. Goldenoldie isn't the singles manager. I was the one that posted the OOP, I don't understand why the player failed to send to me

I know for sure that 3 players didn't send any picks (I am one of them ) Should I place the first 3 alts in those spots now?
Yes, I would do it that way
Old 03-08-2011, 06:37 PM   #249
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Quote:
Ok, the rules say that you have to send to the correct manager, but I think we always gave 1 or 2 day to adjust to a tournament with 2 managers.

If this happens in the QF it would be something different but on the 1st day I would wait for Goldenoldie to tell you that he didn´t receive the picks you are missing
I know it would be harsh, and I already f/w 2 sets of picks to Goldenoldie from players who didn't send to him.

I have another question.

I had 7 players on my alt list. 6 sent picks. Of the 6, 5 commited inside the tournament deadline and one commited after the final deadline. I would assume that the player who commited when the tournament deadline passed should be last on the alt list, despite being higher ranked than some of the other alts. Is that wrong or right? If I'm wrong it's something I'll bring up in the off season.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:41 PM   #250
country flag Boarder35m

Quote:
I know it would be harsh, and I already f/w 2 sets of picks to Goldenoldie from players who didn't send to him.

I have another question.

I had 7 players on my alt list. 6 sent picks. Of the 6, 5 commited inside the tournament deadline and one commited after the final deadline. I would assume that the player who commited when the tournament deadline passed should be last on the alt list, despite being higher ranked than some of the other alts. Is that wrong or right? If I'm wrong it's something I'll bring up in the off season.
Yes that´s right, the player who commits after the deadline has passed comes after the players who committed on time
Old 03-08-2011, 06:57 PM   #251
country flag Crvena Zvezda

Crvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes that´s right, the player who commits after the deadline has passed comes after the players who committed on time
What do you call tournament deadline ? The others ALT commited after single deadline, I commited after changes period. We are all LE.

I see nothing in the rules justifying a difference.

N°1E

Please buy Nadal some hair gel so that he can stop buttpicking to comb his hair.
Crvena Zvezda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:01 PM   #252
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghan View Post
What do you call tournament deadline ? The others ALT commited after single deadline, I commited after changes period. We are all LE.

You commited after the 2nd deadline. I just assumed you would be after the people who commited within the LE period. I don't know if it's a rule, it just seems logical (to me) I have no problem if a board member says my interpretation is incorrect

To be clear: the other 5 alts were all late entries who commited after the 1st deadline, and ghan commited after the 2nd deadline.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:04 PM   #253
country flag Crvena Zvezda

Crvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You commited after the 2nd deadline. I just assumed you would be after the people who commited within the LE period. I don't know if it's a rule, it just seems logical (to me) I have no problem if a board member says my interpretation is incorrect

To be clear: the other 5 alts were all late entries who commited after the 1st deadline, and ghan commited after the 2nd deadline.
What do you call "LE period", I didn't see anything in the rules like a term of LE commitments except maybe drawing time.

N°1E

Please buy Nadal some hair gel so that he can stop buttpicking to comb his hair.
Crvena Zvezda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:05 PM   #254
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghan View Post

I don't think you're even allowed to commit after the second deadline because that's when managers do the qualifying draws and they need to know before that who's playing.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:09 PM   #255
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
I don't think you're even allowed to commit after the second deadline because that's when managers do the qualifying draws and they need to know before that who's playing.
Players who commit after 2nd deadline are always alts, and aren't allowed to be LEs even if there are spaces left in qualifying.

I don't know if this situation has ever popped up before. I just want clarification because I don't think all the alts will get into the draw, and I want to be sure of the order.