Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011 - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-28-2011, 05:49 PM   #151
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
Thanks. I think I need everyone to send to you because there's a chance I made the doubles final

Thanks
that's fine, just ask everyone to send to me, and then if you can do the updates, that's cool. i'm getting Johannesburg off the ground this weekend so I'm a bit busy to do the full thing.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #152
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
that's fine, just ask everyone to send to me, and then if you can do the updates, that's cool. i'm getting Johannesburg off the ground this weekend so I'm a bit busy to do the full thing.
Absolutely. I'll process the diffs.

Barring a return from abollo though, I think we just need to ask everyone to send for tomorrow and Sunday and when he returns figure out who made the semi-finals and I'll have the diffs and winners from there. Fortunately only today is a slight workload though because obviously there's only one match on Sunday.

The other alternative is that I could ask everyone to forward me their picks from today using the honour system and figure out who won - or is there another way to verify with a time-stamp when picks were sent?
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:29 AM   #153
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe someone should take Meknes in this case

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 125 (Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 72 (Best 65) - Won Sao Paulo, SF Rome, SF Chennai, SF Buenos Aires, SF Queens (with stbanchile) SF Umag (with kr1s17an) Won : Cordeones CH (with Freak3yman84)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 10:6 (ATP 1:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:23 AM   #154
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Just a heads up to the board that the TT Reunion challenger was cancelled today because of the recent - and projected - weather - I'm not sure I've ever seen this. I've put a detailed post in the thread explaining the tournament's decision and translating their recent facebook posts

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...3#post10733283

The challenger was at the quarterfinal stage and all the players there receive 15 ATP points. As far as TT was concerned, we were at the semi-final stage.

Not sure how you want to do the point situation for TT, but I imagine modelling it on the decision in the ATP tournament with all the remaining players/teams getting the same amount of points makes sense
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:52 AM   #155
country flag Eddy DoubleD

Eddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond repute

This is the first time I have ever heard something like this.

Grigor Dimitrov | Bernard Tomic | Kei Nishikori | Ernests Gulbis
Jiri Vesely | Nick Kirgyos | Thanasi Kokkinakis | Alexander Zverev

[TT]: Singles - Entry #68 Doubles - Entry #159
[DTT]: Singles - Entry #30 Doubles - Entry #31
[FITD]: Entry #41 Race #37
[PAW]: Entry #21
[Suicide Tennis]: Entry #50 Race #48
[Challenger Challenge]: #8
Eddy DoubleD is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:55 AM   #156
country flag Taz Warrior

Taz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just a heads up to the board that the TT Reunion challenger was cancelled today because of the recent - and projected - weather - I'm not sure I've ever seen this. I've put a detailed post in the thread explaining the tournament's decision and translating their recent facebook posts

The challenger was at the quarterfinal stage and all the players there receive 15 ATP points. As far as TT was concerned, we were at the semi-final stage.

Not sure how you want to do the point situation for TT, but I imagine modelling it on the decision in the ATP tournament with all the remaining players/teams getting the same amount of points makes sense
Yes, I guess the best thing to do is to follow the ATP example and split the points between all players.
Taz Warrior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:13 AM   #157
country flag Boarder35m

Boarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Because I´m playing TT Reunion I won´t give an opinion here
Boarder35m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:18 AM   #158
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

My understanding of the report from Reunion is that the ATP have treated everyone as losing quarter-finalists both for prize money and for points. I can see the logic behind this, because nobody actually won any more, but I think it is a bit mean. Would it not be better to split the total prize fund/points, as happens in other sports where a contest is not completed?

Following ATP would give each TT player/team 40 points for losing semi-finalists. I propose 58 points, by splitting the points which remain on offer (90+63+40+40=233/4=58). I think this would be fairer, but I don't feel particularly strongly about it.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:22 AM   #159
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

San Jose is 16 or 32 quali draw

Tennis Tipping 2014

Doubles : 72 (Best 65) - Won Sao Paulo, SF Rome, SF Chennai, SF Buenos Aires, SF Queens (with stbanchile) SF Umag (with kr1s17an) Won : Cordeones CH (with Freak3yman84)

Finals CH

Old 01-30-2011, 09:31 AM   #160
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarto193 View Post
San Jose is 16 or 32 quali draw

The numbers in the draws are always in the first post of this thread.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:43 AM   #161
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenoldie View Post

The numbers in the draws are always in the first post of this thread.
Thanks Golden

Tennis Tipping 2014

Finals CH

Old 01-30-2011, 11:32 AM   #162
country flag keqtqiadv
2013 WS CHAMPS

keqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond repute

Great tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenoldie View Post
My understanding of the report from Reunion is that the ATP have treated everyone as losing quarter-finalists both for prize money and for points. I can see the logic behind this, because nobody actually won any more, but I think it is a bit mean. Would it not be better to split the total prize fund/points, as happens in other sports where a contest is not completed?

Following ATP would give each TT player/team 40 points for losing semi-finalists. I propose 58 points, by splitting the points which remain on offer (90+63+40+40=233/4=58). I think this would be fairer, but I don't feel particularly strongly about it.
I like Jim's suggestion. I agree it's fairer if the remaining players are given 58 points, and not 40.
keqtqiadv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:18 PM   #163
country flag Taz Warrior

Taz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by keqtqiadv View Post
Great tournament

I like Jim's suggestion. I agree it's fairer if the remaining players are given 58 points, and not 40.
Yes it does sound fairer
Taz Warrior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #164
country flag <Eve>
♥ bokehlicious ♥

<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute

If there is anyone dying to manage a TT tournament in the week of 21-27 febr, I'm offering Wolfsburg CH.

The weekend it starts I want to go to Switzerland for the birthday of JM and the weekend it ends (thursday-monday) 3 Swiss and I will spend in Amsterdam. While planning that I didnt immediately think of Wolfsburg

If no-one wants to take it (or switch one with me?) I'll of course be able to manage it one way or the other, but as you can imagine it might be more convenient if I dont manage this week.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:05 PM   #165
country flag Eddy DoubleD

Eddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond repute

I can do it if you need

Grigor Dimitrov | Bernard Tomic | Kei Nishikori | Ernests Gulbis
Jiri Vesely | Nick Kirgyos | Thanasi Kokkinakis | Alexander Zverev

[TT]: Singles - Entry #68 Doubles - Entry #159
[DTT]: Singles - Entry #30 Doubles - Entry #31
[FITD]: Entry #41 Race #37
[PAW]: Entry #21
[Suicide Tennis]: Entry #50 Race #48
[Challenger Challenge]: #8
Eddy DoubleD is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote